yeah.. old news.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:48 PM   #42
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_m
a great feature of the Zen theme I just discovered..

if you go in to the options, there is a new option called 'home screen' that allows you to change the order of the icons, therefore you can decide what icons are on the home screen..

this is a new find of mine, maby it's old news to others..
Please read the posts in the thread. The person posted the exact same "discovery" just five posts above yours. First, use the search feature, and second, at a bare minimum, read the posts in the thread above yours, please.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #43
ttowles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930

Is there an OTA version of the Zen theme for 8700c?
Couldn't find it on search.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:40 PM   #44
ShaneToronto
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8300r
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttowles
Is there an OTA version of the Zen theme for 8700c?
Couldn't find it on search.
In a word-- no.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:17 PM   #45
xkon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700R
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenranger2
I kinda dont like the Zen after trying it for the day as well (thanks to those who created the Manual on opening it up). I feel that there's alot of scrolling, as to where you can just use ALT+scroll on the normal theme. Granted it's nice to have an open area to see the background picture, I constantly jump from app to app, making the original good. I like the Vodafone and Orange theme too .
if you go into the bb menu, alt + scroll takes you down 6 at a time, just like the classic BB themes..

as for the BES, yes you will have to have your IT guy reactivate it... restoring wont reconnect it alone!
Old 04-23-2006, 06:18 PM   #46
xkon
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneToronto
Unfortunately you are stuck with two inboxes- there doesn't seem to be a way to merge them.

I am in the same pickle- love the zen theme but hate multiple inboxes. I've set my left convenience key for messages and middle convenience key for sms/mms. Still hot happy. Almost considering reverting to the old theme style for the consolidated inbox.
I love the separated setup - on a BES your outlook inbox matches the BB, and with Zen there is no SMS cluttering it up. I dont have to delete all my SMS's anymore!
Old 04-23-2006, 07:12 PM   #47
ttowles
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9930

Too bad, because I don't use the BB Desktop Software anymore - Since I have BBES, which syncs my contacts, cal and email.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:31 PM   #48
bullonwall
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperpwc
Just as well too. After the quality of their Wave them, Plazmic's Smoothie was a real disappointment. It's frankly shoddy. (For example, anyone that has it, I don't anymore, can check the line crowding in the Profiles screen.)
Copper, can you give me an idea of what you recommend as an alternative to the Smoothie Theme. I use the 7250 and cant get the Zen theme yet, which kind of stinks, but that is life. Where can I get the wave theme you are talking about?

Thx,
~Bull
Old 04-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #49
cooperpwc

Model: 8700R

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullonwall
Copper, can you give me an idea of what you recommend as an alternative to the Smoothie Theme. I use the 7250 and cant get the Zen theme yet, which kind of stinks, but that is life. Where can I get the wave theme you are talking about?

Thx,
~Bull
You're only the 100th person to spell Cooper as Copper so I won't get my knickers in a knot...
Either go to mobile.blackberry .com and scroll down to find Extras, or open your Bookmarks and under the first folder "Links" you will see 'Blackberry HELP!". Open that link and again scroll down to Extras.
In the Extras page you will see a link for Themes. Wave - Icon is there. It's pretty nice.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:43 PM   #50
bullonwall
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
You're only the 100th person to spell Cooper as Copper so I won't get my knickers in a knot...
Either go to mobile.blackberry .com and scroll down to find Extras, or open your Bookmarks and under the first folder "Links" you will see 'Blackberry HELP!". Open that link and again scroll down to Extras.
In the Extras page you will see a link for Themes. Wave - Icon is there. It's pretty nice.
Kewl - Do I get a door prize for being 100th? LOL....Thanks for the help *Cooper*
Old 04-27-2006, 02:54 PM   #51
bullonwall
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Quick question. I went to the site, but there is no Wave theme. Does VZW block certain things like they do on cell phones? Do you happen to have an alternative link where I can d/l that theme either OTA or .zip?

Thx,
~Bull
Old 04-27-2006, 03:08 PM   #52
cooperpwc

So you found the Themes page link in Extras? Are there still other themes there? (For example, Overlord: cool homescreen but good luck browsing with black text against a black background...)
Strange problem if Wave is missing. To the best of my knowledge it's OTA only from the Themes page.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:35 PM   #53
KonTiki

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

The only reason that Wave maybe missing for you is because it is not a theme designed for your particular BlackBerry, I cannot see it either and I have a 7250 from Verizon, I do not believe it is carrier restricted. It is my understanding that the Wave theme was developed for the 8700. Since that screen size is not the same as either the 7100 or the 7200 series I do not believe it would be available to those devices.

Running OS 6.0.0.524

Last edited by KonTiki; 04-27-2006 at 03:38 PM..
Old 04-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #54
cooperpwc

Oh sorry. Kon Tiki is right. I missed the part about your being on a 7250.
Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade!
Old 04-28-2006, 01:57 PM   #55
Fireproof
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
PIN: Montblanc
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Glad you mentioned this because I am not sure how many people know this benefit of Zen. Dropping down the Applications Menu with the Front Convenience Key activates all the hot keys (exactly as if you were back at the Home Screen). It's a great way to move from application to application.
Huh? My Hot Keys still work from the home screen, even without droping down the application menu.

I'm I reading your post correctly that you cannot just press an "O" or an "L" at the home screen and call up Options or Calendar, etc?
Old 04-28-2006, 02:12 PM   #56
cooperpwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireproof
Huh? My Hot Keys still work from the home screen, even without droping down the application menu.

I'm I reading your post correctly that you cannot just press an "O" or an "L" at the home screen and call up Options or Calendar, etc?
Nope. that's not what I meant. The hot keys certainly work from the home screen.

However, let's say you are in Browser. You can drop down the apps menu with the front convenience key and your hot keys are now activated without having to first return to the home screen. (So, for example, the 'A' key, which would otherwise have Added a Bookmark in Browser, now switches you to the Address application...)

Last edited by cooperpwc; 04-28-2006 at 02:27 PM..
Old 04-28-2006, 02:16 PM   #57
bullonwall
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Oh sorry. Kon Tiki is right. I missed the part about your being on a 7250.
Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade!

I wouldnt mind upgrading, but on the Verizon site, they only have 2 bb's. I dont think that the 8700's work on the Verizon network. Does anyone have a list of BB's that will work on Verizon?

Thx,
~BULL
Old 04-28-2006, 02:27 PM   #58
Fireproof
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
PIN: Montblanc
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Nope. that's nor what I meant. The hot keys certainly work from the home screen.

However, let's say you are in Browser. You can drop down the apps menu with the front convenience key and your hot keys are now activated without having to first return to the home screen. (So, for example, the 'A' key, which would otherwise have Added a Bookmark in Browser, now switches you to the Address application...)
AHHH - very nice tip. Thank you - I was still scrolling there, LOL. Good idea1
Old 04-28-2006, 03:09 PM   #59
KonTiki

Model: 9650
PIN: 007

No 8700 on Verizon as of yet, there are rumors for September or so. As of this moment the only ones available for Verzon are the 7250, and the 7130c.

Running OS 6.0.0.524
Old 04-28-2006, 03:32 PM   #60
bullonwall
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonTiki
No 8700 on Verizon as of yet, there are rumors for September or so. As of this moment the only ones available for Verzon are the 7250, and the 7130c.
That is the problem. I don't like the 7130c because of the 2 letters to 1 key deal. I like the functionality of the full QWERTY keyboard. I really like the 8700 series. I hope they come out with them for VZW.

Thx,
~BULL
Closed Thread