More iphone goodness from your favorite Apple Fan

Hotmail now pushing via ActiveSync to iPhone? | TiPb
Old 06-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Apple - Support - Discussions - Forum Home
Excellent forum. You (and your posts) would be most welcome there, I'm sure.

They even have a forum area just for the iPhone! Would you believe it!?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Apple Fanbot, right?
Sigh...
Old 06-17-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

HandHeld Forum
Discuss any handheld Devices, Gadgets, etc. in this dedicated forum. No BlackBerry Discussions within.

Seems to me like I posted in exactly the right place.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:03 PM   #5
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Give it a rest Fanboi...
Old 06-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #6
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Seems to me like I posted in exactly the right place.
There's a difference between discussing the merits/drawbacks of a device or your own personal experiences with it, and turning into the town crier every time one of your RSS feeds displays a piece of news regarding the iPhone.

No one in his senses is going to come to a Blackberry forum to get the latest news on Apple devices. They'll go to an Apple forum.

I believe you're not posting anything with this particular article that will generate any serious discussion here. It focuses on one narrow piece of functionality that applies to an even more narrow potential user group: iPhone users who hang out on BB forums who happen to use Hotmail who don't like the way it currently syncs.

My best bet is that you posted that article to yourself.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr View Post
There's a difference between discussing the merits/drawbacks of a device or your own personal experiences with it, and turning into the town crier every time one of your RSS feeds displays a piece of news regarding the iPhone.

No one in his senses is going to come to a Blackberry forum to get the latest news on Apple devices. They'll go to an Apple forum.

I believe you're not posting anything with this particular article that will generate any serious discussion here. It focuses on one narrow piece of functionality that applies to an even more narrow potential user group: iPhone users who hang out on BB forums who happen to use Hotmail who don't like the way it currently syncs.

My best bet is that you posted that article to yourself.
It may also apply to BB users, who use Hotmail and are disappointed on the crappy support you get in email when you don't use BES. It is here to show people that there are other options out there that they may not know about. What are you BB fanboys afraid of. That the precious BB isn't the greatest device on Earth?
Old 06-17-2010, 01:43 PM   #8
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Quote:
What are you BB fanboys afraid of.
You're missing the point. Nothing to do with anyone being scared of anything.
Think of it this way...
If you walk into a Roman Catholic church and start preaching to the people that christianity isn't the best and only religion and there might be better options out there which they don't know about... you're probably not going to get a very welcoming response.
You think you're doing a service, and educating others, when in reality you're just being annoying. Nobody cares what you think and nobody is looking for you to change their minds about what they want or like.

Most people who come here don't give a crap about anything other than BlackBerry and they're fine with it. That's what forums like this are about. They don't care if their device is the best, worst, or whatever. It's what they choose to have. They're mostly happy about what they have and want to talk about it with others.
People like you just get in their way, for no reason at all. You're a nuisance, nothing more.

I also have an iPhone. I enjoy it very much. I also own three Macbooks, several iPods and an AppleTV. I enjoy them as well. I discuss them on Apple's forums quite frequently. (Link above, in case you missed it.)
What I don't do is try to force people to adopt what I like, or go on other forums touting how great Apple is and bash the shortcomings of their competitors. It just makes you look ignorant.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #9
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
What are you BB fanboys afraid of. That the precious BB isn't the greatest device on Earth?
What Penguin said.

PS - I use an EVO.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:46 PM   #10
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

I posted on an iPad forum that I would love to see arrow keys on the keyboard.

You would have thought I'd insulted their mothers, wives and sisters. A simple request responded to with such venom.

ArgonBoi - stick with your own kind. There are plenty Apple forums where they know, as you do, that everything Apple does is perfect and requires no changes.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:47 PM   #11
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
Most people who come here don't give a crap about anything other than BlackBerry and they're fine with it. That's what forums like this are about. They don't care if their device is the best, worst, or whatever. It's what they choose to have. They're mostly happy about what they have and want to talk about it with others.
People like you just get in their way, for no reason at all. You're a nuisance, nothing more.
Yes and no. This board like other boards I've been on it focused on a central platform. On this board like others there is a section devoted to other devices other then the core device. This is for members to discuss other devices other then the core device. For some reason, ONLY on this board is it frowned upon to talk up another device or even point out feature that are different in the section that was created for that very purpose. So if I'm a nuisance, then so be it, live with it. I really don't care.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #12
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
I posted on an iPad forum that I would love to see arrow keys on the keyboard.

You would have thought I'd insulted their mothers, wives and sisters. A simple request responded to with such venom.

ArgonBoi - stick with your own kind. There are plenty Apple forums where they know, as you do, that everything Apple does is perfect and requires no changes.
Believe me, the is plenty wrong with Apple products. I guess you know how I feel coming here sometimes.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #13
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Obviously you don't care. You keep coming back with a rash..

Fortunately, no one cares either..

Enjoy. Get back on line to buy something you don't really need.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #14
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Quote:
On this board like others there is a section devoted to other devices other then the core device. This is for members to discuss other devices other then the core device.
And that's what it SHOULD be used for... however, if you're trying to say that's why you started this topic then you must think we're all idiots.
You posted for one reason... to stir up trouble.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #15
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Because the Great and Powerful Apple has done it again.

I can't wait until they invent replaceable batteries and you have an accident just reading the article.
Closed Thread