Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
Reubachi

Model: 9600
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Veriozn
Default Won't go off Headset mode

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all, new member here, always been meaning to sign up and figured now would be a great time.

Got my first blackberry, the tour on verizon, and it's had a few problems but nothing major. But now for some reason the phone won't go off headset mode, and I've never even used a headset. No matter how many times I plug headphones in and out, start playing a song on all the modes, or just plain switch it to handset, it just goes right back to headset whenever I make a call.

Needless to say, it ticks me off and I hope it's a problem that's a consequence of my incompetence, and not an actual problem with the phone. So, any suggestions/ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(And one last thing, I DID use the search function to find a previous thread like this, and there was none as far as I could tell, so, if this problem has been reported before, sorry!)
Old 08-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #2
Reubachi

Model: 9600
Carrier: Veriozn

Edit: Also, A few hours ago I bought/put on =one of those all around plastic protectors, I don't know if that matters or not.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
Megkins
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Same issue here...
Old 09-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #4
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

Just throwing it out there but have u tried a battery pull? (No I'm not kidding, u never know ;))...also...just for kicks....looks like somebody answered you here...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...essage.id=2036 ....lololol

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!

Last edited by xxDruMMer BoYxx; 09-01-2009 at 03:15 PM..
Old 09-06-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
cruwl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

mine did this a week or so ago. i was listening to pandora all day at work with normal head phones from my mp3 player.

I was out side messing with speaker phone or something and it got stuck in the head set mode your talking about.

I went home grabbed the head set the BB came with, and plugged it in, called my voice mail, disconnected the call, and unplugged the head set.

that took it out of head set mode and everything else worked fine since.
Closed Thread