BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:21 PM   #41
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I've got PowerBooks, MacBooks, PowerMacs, iMacs, and Apple TV in my house. I'm quite a fanboy. But I have zero interest in the iPhone, especially one locked to AT&T.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:03 PM   #42
cwosigns
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9300
Carrier: AT&T

I just bought an iPhone for the "fun" factor. I am keeping my 8830 for work purposes, but the iPhone is nice to carry and have on the weekends when I don't need immediate access to email. I can "get away" from work, but still be connected.
Columbus, Ohio
Old 10-17-2007, 09:09 PM   #43
Cooknn

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Not tempted yet. But the release of the iPhone 2 and the Pearl 2 could be a serious battle. One thing I like about my BlackBerry is that it's got a professional following. That may change, but for now I like being a part of the BlackBerry demographic.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:09 PM   #44
cblackberrynyc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t your world. Delivered.

I decided to give the iPhone a try when the price was dropped. I'm not too sure about build quality since I had to take my original iPhone to the genius bar to get swapped out when it went deaf in less than a month, people said it sounded like I was talking in a tunnel, and thats only when I was screaming into the device, when talking normally I could not be heard. It also had hissing/static problems. Since then I've been enjoying the GUI and the iPhone's rather powerful hardware, WiFi is quicker and cheaper than any current cellular technology and was a welcome feature.

I gave the iPhone a month to prove itself and all I found was a phone which was too quiet, crappy unexplainable battery life, expensive, proprietary, non-rugged charging/data connection. Pop email on the iPhone is horrible, emails from several accounts are not on the same screen and nothing syncing with the servers. Got my BB data plan turned back on and got 140+ emails from email servers which had no idea which emails were old and deleted and those which were new. Also don't get me started on how bad it is to try and type on a glass surface with any chance of hitting the right letter, bad idea.

Back to my good old BB Pearl, now I can get some work done
Old 10-20-2007, 08:48 AM   #45
MichaelBB
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 0000
PIN: Ask
Carrier: AT&T

Have one, selling it, cause I have been through 5 of them do not ask me what I am doing wrong or right, all I know is the Apple genius's don't like me coming in. The first 2 replacements were refurbs, 3rd and on were brand new in a box. Out of the first 2 I had someone else's txt messages and email accts setup , really good quality control. I could go on but for what? If I want the iphone to do what a BB or other smart phone should do I have to hack it and or crack it and than screw myself on the warranty. So here I sit with an old V551 on my AT&T acct getting activated today and turning off the iPhone acct "Saving money on the monthly bill" and trying to sell this thing for a reasonable amount, which something tells me I am not going to be able to do. As far as a BB well the 8820 comes to mind, than again AT&T's network and EDGE is NOT as stable as VZW's . VZW also has insurance or extened warranty which means if my CRIPPLED BB8830 goes to heck I can walk in and get a refurb or new one, depends on who you deal with at the service desk.

As far as Apple and computers I for one have never had a problem that was not resolved immediately in the store, switched over a year ago and have had nothing but extreme pleasure, can do everything that I did on a PC.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:27 PM   #46
Javier Fernandez

Default Iphone vs Pearl

I keep reading these kind of articles.
http://www.macworld.co.uk/ipod-itune...S&NewsID=19431
Which should be completely viased if your posts are correct. But of course what should I know, I paid for my Iphone with APPLE stock, so I am completely viased. Yes perhaps the Iphone is the most useless piece of junk ever.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:08 PM   #47
katone
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mo

until iPhone gets at least TWICE the battery life it has now... it will be a no go.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:00 PM   #48
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

I have an ipod touch and i love it. if tmobile ever got the iphone with a true push email like a BB connect i would be all over it. but for email the bb is just to easy to use.

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 10-30-2007, 07:47 PM   #49
apple85
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Tour

I had one sold it, had another one but just modded that one. Do I wish I kept the first one? Hell yes. Thats why I'm ditching my BB as soon as I get someone to take over the contract... I can get the iphone w/ unlimited text email and the same amount of minutes for a 100.00 (actually 98 before taxes) bucks a month compared to the ridiculous price I pay to Verizon. Yes yes I've left the BB and come back before but I don't think I will this time. the iphones and macs just play nicely! I will miss my real keyboard but whatever
Old 11-01-2007, 12:11 AM   #50
SheepDog

Model: 8830
PIN: ask if you need it
Carrier: Sprint

nope. I love my iMac and will like Leopard even more, but it is very difficult to go BB for a couple of phones or more and be happy with anything else. I looked at MS powered phones and laughed. I looked at Palm phones and winced. I looked at the iphone and thought "cute" but for kids.

BB is my home. 8830 is the best BB ever. BB for life!
Old 12-11-2007, 09:39 PM   #51
Karen Tremmel

Model: none
Carrier: A T & T
Unhappy

Recieved an iPHone for my Birthday/Christmas. I really wanted the BlackBerry Curve 8310 but my honey had different ideas. I was extremely careful with the new iPhone. It was in a Swiss Gear Wenger Leather case but the corners were exposed for access. I had this phone less than a week, noticed as I came out of Walmart that the screen was cracked. It was attached to my purse! Mac refuses to replace it. Will repair it for $250!!! I am so upset. Customers do need to ban together as a class action. That is absurd. If you put a thin piece of glass on a phone you must stand behind the product. My phone does not have a scratch on it but two tiny pin head dings on one corner, probably from glancing against a “shoppping buggy”. Good grief! How dainty is this thing. NOT acceptable. I will show every one I meet this phone and tell them NOT to buy one. I will carry it cracked! Don't buy this phone.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:08 AM   #52
TeritaM
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Torch
Carrier: Island of Misfit Toys

as much as I love steve jobs I have zero interest in the iphone...
I was at a party last night and this cat tried to tell me that the iphone is the industry standard...to which I replied "maybe you should change industries". what I would like to see is a version of desktop manager that I can sync with my mac. pocketmac/missing sync just don't do it for me.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #53
Knocka

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

I got an iPhone for my son. I use a Curve. The iPhone is a great device for what it is. Very slick. But, the touchpad/keyboard makes the device virtually unusable if you email often. It is simply too prone to errors. Admittedly, I did not use it long enough to really learn how to use it, but in my view, no matter how long you use it, you will never be able to type as quickly and accurately as on a BB. Also, opening emails, making calls, doing just about anything takes longer on the iPhone than on the BB. The BB is extraordinary in making it a simple, usually one-step process to do just about anything. If you are mainly a business user, I cannot imagine getting an iPhone.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:15 AM   #54
castyourstones
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: 32c2a2a0
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

It depends on whether your wish is for a true business tool, or a shiny toy that will make you "cool," "hip," and "young." My 8830 does everything that a iphone does. People want the iPhone for the name, without exploring everything that's available.
Old 01-01-2008, 03:37 PM   #55
CurvyBerry

Model: 8320

Already own one... Got it on iDay (6-29-07) and I'm still in love with it!! Wasn't to fond of going with at&t, but I sacrificed. All I've ever owned is MAC products. It was a "no brainer" to get the phone. Lucky for me, the service has been great, my EDGE fast enough for me, battery lasts till I put my head to sleep, and thanks to my "toughskin" gel...it still looks brand new!!

Just got the Curve for business..So, I'm a noob when it comes to Berries... All I've ever played with were Apples!!

Curvy
Old 01-03-2008, 04:22 AM   #56
Semi5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T
Carrier: tmobile

I to0 love my iPhone. I still have my curve but never use it anymore. I love the keyboard on the iPhone and the web browser is fantastic. Now that gmail supports imap, I find the email client to be very good. Don't miss the small screen of my blackberry and all.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #57
ViroBono
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: O2

I'm not tempted by the iPhone. I have 3 Macs, 2 iPods and have been a Mac user/fan since 1987. However, for me the iPhone is too big, and the examples I've tried give the impression that they aren't as robust as some other phones.

I recently upgraded from an 8100 to an 8120; apart from the free wi-fi offered with the iPhone by O2 here in UK does all I would use an iPhone for.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:30 PM   #58
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

I got an iPhone for my wife and she loves it, but then she's no power user. More of a dilettante playing at being a techno-geek. The wowee features are still enough to keep her fascinated, and with thin fingers the virtual keyboard is ok. She only sends 4 or 5 emails and text messages a day, however, compared to the 80 or 100 I do. I need a real keyboard.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:06 AM   #59
Vagrant Pistol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: ATT (Crimson)
Default nope!

Not tempted at all. I want a phone that can have media rich features and works well. Not and iPod trying to be a phone that constantly needs firmware updates and has poor battery life because of the screen.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:28 AM   #60
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

What I might get is the iPod Touch. It even has a Safari Browser for WiFi internet. Lets see what Monday's MacWorld SF brings!
Closed Thread