BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 02:04 PM   #1
fightinaggie08

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T
Talking ~!I Got a New 8800 (and have some questions)!~

Please Login to Remove!

I have a new 8800 being shipped that I bought on E-bay and I am looking for some info. I've already browsed the manuals and guides and would like to ask a few questions.

*Does the 8800 have 802.11 a/b/g/n wifi (I highly doubt it has n)?

*Does PIN messaging use or cost anything your your service provider or will cingular be just an intermediary?

*What is the best way to synchronise with my Macbook, via Microsoft Entourage, or separately with Calendar & Address Book...?

*Can you use the maps function kind of like an offline Mapquest without having to use the internet and Telenav. (assuming the maps have already been downloaded)?

*Is they QWERTY keyboard easy to type on seeing as the keys are really close to each other compared to the 8300 Curve?

*Is there any type of free software that allows me to create Microsoft Word/Excel Documents on the BB and sync with laptop & vice versa, if not... Can Word/Excel Documents at least be viewed on BB's?

*Is the trackball on BB devices reliable and does it work well & efficiently?

*If you get a BB 8800 that is locked to Cingular does it come with any special software features compared to an unbranded or devices locked to other services?

*THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
cliffr39
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8130
PIN: ask
Carrier: vzw

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightinaggie08 View Post
*Does the 8800 have 802.11 a/b/g/n wifi (I highly doubt it has n)?
nope
Quote:
*Does PIN messaging use or cost anything your your service provider or will cingular be just an intermediary?
it is free if you have a blackberry data plan

Quote:
*What is the best way to synchronise with my Macbook, via Microsoft Entourage, or separately with Calendar & Address Book...?
try PocketMac

Quote:
*Can you use the maps function kind of like an offline Mapquest without having to use the internet and Telenav. (assuming the maps have already been downloaded)?
from my understanding yes, but don't think about it showing you an updated routed if you take the wrong turn.. but I'm not sure about it, I uninstalled it from my BB

Quote:
*Is they QWERTY keyboard easy to type on seeing as the keys are really close to each other compared to the 8300 Curve?
from what I read from other users its easier on the 8300 to type. I've never used 8800 only 8300/8100.

Quote:
*Is the trackball on BB devices reliable and does it work well & efficiently?
about as reliable as a regular computer mouse with the old track ball on the bottom was... they get dirty, need to be cleaned every now and then

I skipped a few, I'm not even sure about.
Closed Thread