BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #1
knaughton

Model: 7208
Default Wireless calendar sync keeps getting reenabled (I don't want it.)

Please Login to Remove!

Wireless sync is disabled on the server. Wireless sync is disabled for the user. A policy is applied to the user that disables all wireless sync. In Intellisync I configure calendar to sync with two Outlook calendars, one public one private (several others set up the same way with no problems). Every few days, the intellisync software changes the calendar selection to Blackberry Wireless Synchronization.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:13 PM   #2
idontknow
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 6230

I'd make sure that the hh has the IT policy with wireless sync disabled. Maybe resend the policy. Does the option to turn wireless sync off/on show under calendar options?
Old 11-07-2005, 10:53 AM   #3
knaughton

Model: 7208

I did confirm the policy, and no, the option for wireless is gone from the calendar options on BB, so the policy was definitely received.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:34 PM   #4
markt

Model: 7100I
Carrier: Nextel
Default Wireless Synch Problem

I am also having the same problem, I am synching with Outlook but use Lotus Notes for email to a corporate BES server. Every few days it will switch back to wireless sync in the calander feature. I have to go in a manually configure every thing back..
Old 11-08-2005, 10:57 PM   #5
paulmorley
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290

I too have this issue. I have spoken with RIM and they believe that it is a bug and that the service books are some how trumping the policy. To be clear, the policy does not turn on or off wireless sync. It makes it possible for the user to turn wireless sync on or off. It is very confusing. Kind of a double negative. Many of the policy items are that way. I have 800 units and I have a policy I call wireless cal sync. One nice thing, in the default view on the Blackberry Manager, you can at least see a collumn that shows whether or not the user has Wireless Sync set to Enabled or Disabled on the device. For those that are set to Enabled, I place them in the policy that allows them to change it to disabled. I follow this up with an email briefly explaining to them how to turn it off. The next day, you can sort to see which ones have turned it off. You can then place them back in the default policy which takes away their ability to enable it. I know this seems like a long work around but it does work.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:59 PM   #6
paulmorley
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7290

One additional note, from the sorted view, you can just highlight the users that have it enabled and all at once send them a console message right to their bb. This saves time as you don't have to write names down etc.
Closed Thread