Old 10-27-2008, 11:45 PM   #1
gogobet
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: dn
Default Google phone vs IPhone vs BB!

Please Login to Remove!

Those three cell phones seem to share some of the greatest cell phone technologies.
Also each has a unique techs.

I personally think BB is the most affordable and technologically advanced.

I wonder what your opinion is..

* I don't personally see the point of Iphone. What's the point of having a cell phone and a mp3 at the same time? It's total waste of money.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:52 PM   #2
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

*** Moved to Versus ***
Old 10-28-2008, 12:41 AM   #3
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

Here's one thing that makes me glad I own a BlackBerry.

Google Android vulnerable to drive-by browser exploit | Zero Day | ZDNet.com

The iPhone has security flaws too.

Frustrated researcher details iPhone security bugs

When it comes to security, the BlackBerry is vastly superior to any other mobile phone.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:01 AM   #4
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Thank you for the info above.
I usually take security for granted until there is a problem.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 10-28-2008, 07:39 AM   #5
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

The iPhone and the G1 have some definite strong and weak points, and the interface for both is very cutting edge. So far though, I haven't seen anything that would make me leave the sucurity and efficiency of the Blackberry BES.

I read a great article in RCR recently about brand loyalty in the wireless industry. More and more, customers will need to consider not only carrier and handset manufacturer, but the company that provides the OS as well.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:49 PM   #6
Horizon Wireless
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 9920
PIN: 3218B513
Carrier: ROGERS AND FIDO

Did you guys see that when the G1 was taken apart, there was a blackberry trackball inside? Same exact part. No difference....
Old 12-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #7
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogobet View Post
Those three cell phones seem to share some of the greatest cell phone technologies.

* I don't personally see the point of Iphone. What's the point of having a cell phone and a mp3 at the same time? It's total waste of money.
While the BB is a great device, it is definitely NOT the most technologically advanced. The BB excels in security, stability and push messaging, but that's about it. The BB was originally designed as a big pager and since then various features have been bolted on, some good, some not so good. RIM has pretty much reached the limit of what this OS can do. It really needs to design a mobile OS for the modern age. That's where the iphone and Android come in. Both are powerful mobile mini computer platforms that WERE designed to be just that. Just look at the difference between the same application running on the BB and the iphone. The BB version is clunky, and basically ugly, almost DOS like. The iphone version is sleek and elegant and of course functional. Then there is the browser. It is basically the best out there, hands down. Now some BB fanboys, yes Apple isn't the only ones with fanboys, will say well if its so advanced where is the cut and paste, no MMS, no this, no that, itoy blah, blah, blah. None of these so called limitations aren't fixable with software upgrades, so I do know what they will say then.
And just for the record, I have owned the first gen iphone and now use the BB. I've been missing it and may pick up the 3G. I would miss the push messaging and BB messenger, but I think the other factors would off set it. We will have to see.

As to the current state of Android, its not quite there yet, but give it a few years and it will be a force to be reckoned with.

So come on RIM, the Storm isn't the answer to iphone or Android. It's just another bolt on kludge. A new OS is needed, please learn from the lessons of Palm and get on it right away!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:33 AM   #8
Christie83
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Atrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogobet View Post

As of right now, I prefer the iPhone. It does what I need it to do, it is the most user-friendly phone I have ever come across, I love the internet, html email, touchscreen, OS, and entertaining free apps..

A friend has the G1. It is a cool phone but I still like my iPhone better.. I like the iPhone's OS better, and after using the iPhone's touchscreen I really don't want to go back to a physical keyboard.

My parents have Blackberries. I think they are great phones. I would have to say I do not think they are the most technologically advanced.. Their email is known as being the most reliable. I agree with Argon that Blackberry should revamp their OS if they want to remain serious competitors.

However, I think iPhone and Blackberry are marketing towards two completely different groups. I don't think Blackberry will ever win over the consumer market Apple has right now that is into multimedia entertainment phone devices, unless they completely refocus their company towards being more entertainment-friendly than Apple (very unlikely.) I don't think Apple will win over all of the business market Blackberry has right now, because Blackberry has a better, more prestigious reputation. I also don't think Apple will ever focus solely on the business market, but they have become more accomodating..

By the way, you mentioned that you don't understand the point of wanting a phone and an mp3 player in one? Because it's more convenient than carrying around those devices separately...??? And if you buy two in one, it is more affordable...don't see how it's a waste of money.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:34 PM   #9
danielxx
No longer Registered.

Model: 8110
Carrier: T-mobile

all has their advantages. but I perfer BB storm
Old 01-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #10
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christie83 View Post
However, I think iPhone and Blackberry are marketing towards two completely different groups. I don't think Blackberry will ever win over the consumer market Apple has right now that is into multimedia entertainment phone devices, unless they completely refocus their company towards being more entertainment-friendly than Apple (very unlikely.) I don't think Apple will win over all of the business market Blackberry has right now, because Blackberry has a better, more prestigious reputation. I also don't think Apple will ever focus solely on the business market, but they have become more accomodating..
Not anymore. Both companies are making strides to win over each other's market segment. Given a year or two and both platforms will be perfectly acceptable to either group.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #11
Christie83
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Atrix

It will definitely be interesting to see what happens.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #12
jsntrenkler
BlackBerry Blooded

Model: 9630
PIN: ????
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I think all 3 platforms are fantastic in their own regard. Being that Verizon Wireless has the best coverage for me here in Oro Valley I will stick with the Storm and BB OS. If Verizon had the iPhone I would likely go with that, since I am a Mac user and love the speed and simplicity of that platform. Android would also be a lot of fun, however I don't see verizon picking up that OS anytime soon either.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:03 PM   #13
341EastOf
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900

It is BB for me all the way. I like having the ability to tether, swap SD cards, expand my card storage capability, switch a battery at a whim, and not be a super trendy jump on the bandwagon iPhone buyer.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #14
rumel1988

Model: 8800
Carrier: Warid/GrameenPhone

thx..
Old 01-16-2009, 12:28 PM   #15
rumel1988

Model: 8800
Carrier: Warid/GrameenPhone

thanks
Old 01-17-2009, 09:02 AM   #16
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 341EastOf View Post
It is BB for me all the way. I like having the ability to tether, swap SD cards, expand my card storage capability, switch a battery at a whim, and not be a super trendy jump on the bandwagon iPhone buyer.
Having a BB now a days is becoming just as "super trendy" as having an iphone.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:58 PM   #17
341EastOf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Yeah, probably true.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:20 AM   #18
noethix
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: 244279FB
Carrier: TMobile

Equally "super trendy" to be an iphone hater. They all spew the same blah blah.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:30 AM   #19
341EastOf

Quote:
Originally Posted by noethix View Post
Equally "super trendy" to be an iphone hater. They all spew the same blah blah.
Ah, did I hurt your feelings by saying that the iPhone is super trendy?

And by the way, I never said I hated the iPhone. If I were into the smart phone thing because multimedia was my biggest preference, I would probably buy an iPhone. But, I like having some other capabilities that I listed in my above post.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:18 PM   #20
pretzelb

Model: 8330
Carrier: sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
It does seem that both the iPhone and BB can be called trendy picks. As someone new to all this it's hard to sort out the hype. As near as I can tell the iPhone wins for interface and the BB is supposed to be best at email (though I don't see where the iPhone is bad at email). The battery and no card swapping is a big issue for the iPhone but (so far) I find the graphical smart phones have much more potential to be insanely useful.

If I could switch carriers I might go the Google phone route. I like what they are doing and I have more confidence in them pleasing the non business user base than I do BB or iPhone. I think BB is more into keeping it's BES base and Apple is more into doing what they think is best instead of what others ask for.
Closed Thread