Please Login to Remove!

I have been waiting and waiting on a Bold but I just saw this: Link Here

Thoughts??????
Old 08-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
bigwillokc
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

its going to cost more than the bold from what i hear and the enterprise email integration is mediocre at best. entertainment value (video player etc.) is probably a step above the bold, so it all depends on what is important to you. i personally like the large TOUCH screen AND slide out keyboard. I think that if blackberry made a device like this, it would be the first device to actually be deserving of the name 'iphone killer'.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #3
b00001
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwillokc View Post
its going to cost more than the bold from what i hear and the enterprise email integration is mediocre at best. entertainment value (video player etc.) is probably a step above the bold, so it all depends on what is important to you. i personally like the large TOUCH screen AND slide out keyboard. I think that if blackberry made a device like this, it would be the first device to actually be deserving of the name 'iphone killer'.
I agree!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:12 AM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

iPhone killer?

iPhone is not the Goliath in this game.

Would you call the iPhone the BlackBerry killer? Nope, because all the while they have been out, RIM continues to sell more and more devices.

They compete, and that is good for both.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:23 AM   #5
bigwillokc

i say iphone killer in this particular case because it would be the first blackberry device to be similar enough to compete for the same customer base. what does everyone always say when people ask which to choose? "if you like to email a lot and type a lot, then go for the blackberry. if you like to watch videos and surf the web more, then go with the iphone". What if a blackberry had a full size touch screen AND the same email capabilities? then you wouldn't need to choose one or the other anymore based on your needs. the blackberry would have it all (granted some browser improvements would need to be made). But you see where i'm coming from. You could have an iphone sized touchscreen with our beloved physical keyboard and BES email.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #6
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

This is my alternative:

I hear these are already available in stores, and have no long term commitment.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:30 AM   #7
bigwillokc

i hear rogers has not released these from carrier certification yet and they are rolling out a new pricing plan based on per foot of string you use.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #8
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

i don't think there is a BB / iphone killer, they will thrive for years to come.
I do think this will hurt Bold sales if by some chance it is released prior to the Bold's release on AT&T. Tmobile and AT&T customers tend to jump around for phones and this one could be tempting for people who are waiting on the Bold.
One thing I did read was that this HTC Dream / Android phone might lack Exchange support at launch, that would hurt is in luring Bold people away.

JSanders, would the iphone be a Goliath if within the next year their numbers are greater than RIM? just something to look out for. And I agree the competition is the most important thing, helps out the customer on many levels.

Last edited by test54; 08-18-2008 at 11:32 AM..
Old 08-18-2008, 11:33 AM   #9
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

When it puts RIM out of the running, their stocks drop dramatically and the future of the company is in doubt, yes. I don't see that happening with either of the two iPhones available to the market yet.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:41 AM   #10
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

no that will never happen, their is no product or company that will put RIM's future in doubt. However, it will be interesting to see the numbers comes next year when they have had all their carrier rollouts (still negotiating with the Chinese carriers).
Old 08-19-2008, 08:45 AM   #11
Frank Castle
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9930
PIN: PM Me!
Carrier: VZW

I think the main issue is we will see a slew of new devices over the next 18 mos .. many are simply not made for the enterprise and are consumer based. Not every mobile device will have the enterprise intergration that is needed. Until someone has a BES type solution it's really a moot point and just a gadget that yes while cool and all that fun stuff offers nothing for management / control etc.

Motorola has the Good server and is doing nothing .. it's the next best thing I've used and if they don't need it sell it to apple so we can get some control over iphone.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:46 AM   #12
jduffield23
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by juwaack68 View Post
This is my alternative:

http://www.wizkidzcreches.co.uk/images/tincans.jpg

I hear these are already available in stores, and have no long term commitment.
Those are definitely easier to do support for. Cheaper to repair or replace as well. Unfortunately, however, they don't cross networks as of yet. The plus side to this, is they are their own network and don't have to pay provider fees.
Closed Thread