Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
banoguez

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telcel
Smile Bold without Internet Plan

Please Login to Remove!

Hello, the problem with my Black Berry Bold is that i havent been able to synchronize outlook mails to the email client of my BB. Because of some personal reasons im not allowed to have an Internet plan.

Any answers, advices or tips would be appreciated. Im sorry for the bad english.

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Carrier: Tesco Mobile

you cannot do what you ask.
even users with a data plan cannot sync emails from outlook to the BB.
But those with plans can obv use the email integratedm which you cant.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 07-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #3
tsingleton

Model: 8330M
Carrier: Sprint
Default Whats the point!

I just do not understand the point of all the post I have seen where they own a Blackberry and have no blackberry service plan.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:42 PM   #4
fonejunkie
Just me

Model: iFone
PIN: Not on my iPhone5
Carrier: iPhone5 on AT&T Mobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsingleton View Post
I just do not understand the point of all the post I have seen where they own a Blackberry and have no blackberry service plan.
It's a personal choice... I have a data plan, my wife does not. That's what makes America great - you pays your money and takes your choice.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
tsingleton

Model: 8330M
Carrier: Sprint
Default WOW missed point

I guess you dont understand what I said yes its a choice, But I dont understand having a blackberry with out a blackberry data plan. You can have a cell phone with out a cell plan with no service at all but SOS service.
But I would still not understand why, I know very well what makes America great been serving America for 23 years now.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #6
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
I dont understand having a blackberry with out a blackberry data plan
And you probably never will. Pity.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #7
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by banoguez View Post
Hello, the problem with my Black Berry Bold is that i havent been able to synchronize outlook mails to the email client of my BB. Because of some personal reasons im not allowed to have an Internet plan.

Any answers, advices or tips would be appreciated. Im sorry for the bad english.

Thank you in advance.
You must have a BB data plan to send and receive email on your BB. No BB data plan, no email.

Plus email only syncs using a corporate BES plan, not with a personal BIS plan.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #8
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

If you decide to get a data plan, post back and one of us will guide you to setup a forwarding rule where your email on your bb will show up in outlook. As a quick rule and alluded to above, on BIS, messages you post from outlook would NOT show on your BB.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #9
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Its All About the U!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsingleton
I guess you dont understand what I said yes its a choice, But I dont understand having a blackberry with out a blackberry data plan. You can have a cell phone with out a cell plan with no service at all but SOS service.
But I would still not understand why, I know very well what makes America great been serving America for 23 years now.
For me personally, I agree woth you. However, after learning everybody's choices, needs and resources, I understand that it is okay for some to function without a data plan.

I think your point is that we have cases, where people try to get all the benefits of a data plan, without actually getting a plan.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 08-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #10
sodaash

Carrier: AT&T
Default hmmm

Quote:

All those things that you get with a data plan, that you say is necessary to use a Blackberry, can be done with wifi... which i have pretty much where ever i go... so to pay $30 a month extra for something i can get for free and faster with wifi is just retarded... But that's what makes America great is you have the right to be retarded.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #11
aj-82
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: rogers

if you dont need it why pay for it? except for a higher initial cost, than you can use it as just a phone... is there a wap browser for the bold?
Old 08-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #12
miamirulz29
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

A lot of people get the bold without the data plan because they like the keyboard on the phone which allows them to text faster. Plus as said above, you browse the web via wifi and unless you use for corporate emails, at the end of the day, you really do not need to check your personal email, it is just a nice thing to have on your phone.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #13
cortiz179
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: att

Good luck getting wifi to work, i gave up and got data plan. havent looked back.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #14
ElGuito

I know this has been discussed extensively, and I still can't believe there is no blackberry app for email that will use any Wi-Fi (Not Blackberry Internet Service). I have several, including the Browser, which will use the Wi-Fi connection when available. Just as any notebook working thru Wi-Fi, be it at home, the park, coffee shop, etc. they do not have to go thru BIS just to check email.
I know I can use the Browser but the format is unreadable on such a small screen.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #15
hrbuckley

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGuito View Post
I know this has been discussed extensively, and I still can't believe there is no blackberry app for email that will use any Wi-Fi (Not Blackberry Internet Service). I have several, including the Browser, which will use the Wi-Fi connection when available. Just as any notebook working thru Wi-Fi, be it at home, the park, coffee shop, etc. they do not have to go thru BIS just to check email.
I know I can use the Browser but the format is unreadable on such a small screen.

Logic Mail
works with Wi-Fi, even without a Data Plan.

Also, any BIS access made (email, web, pin, bbm, etc) while connected to Wi-Fi uses Wi-Fi, not the carrier network.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #16
fratts
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9630
Carrier: TBayTEL

Quote:

Exactly, why buy a smart phone to only use it as a phone? Do you have a Cadillac that you only drive to and from the corner store?
Old 01-28-2010, 07:11 AM   #17
CoDudette

Model: iOS
PIN: OT Noir.
Carrier: Vodafone IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by fratts View Post
Exactly, why buy a smart phone to only use it as a phone? Do you have a Cadillac that you only drive to and from the corner store?
No, but i have a porsche 911 turbo that i drive from home to work and back.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:17 PM   #18
ElGuito

HRBUCKLEY, thanks for suggesting Logic Mail, I installed version 1.9.1, installed OK but I am having problems connecting to the mail servers. I'll keep working on it.

In my case, after canceling the BIS plan, my email setups stopped working since I had set them on the Blackberry Web Site. I am with AT&T so the native email app is dependent on the BIS plan. It was a nice luxury to see my emails anywhere, but paying $30 a month just for that wasn't justified.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #19
hrbuckley

Model: LEZ10
Carrier: Rogers CA

Fiddling with the settings to get it to work is one of the joys of going off BIS. It does work though, particularly well on Wi-fi.