Caspan
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyefull View Post
As for someone stepping on it and wrecking it im not too concerned with because I could just tell my company I lost my pass,they will deactivate that one and issue me a new one so its not an issue. I was just worried about damaging the blackberry with radio frequencies but now that Caspan says it probably wont, im gunna go with that and do it upppppp!
I guarantee it wont by default all electronic devices need to accept interference from other devices. Ever read that stupid FCC thing on your phone manual its crazy. But to dumb it down its the same thing as radio signal that is pumped out everywhere to your car home etc. Its all radio frequency. This is a very low form short range of that. Now the thing I can't guarantee is that is might effect reception in some minor way.

But just so you know I turned on my battery indicator number (type NMLL while holding alt) I removed my battery door many times and the number change by 3 once, which I figure had nothing to do with my removing the door. Again your results my very but turn your number indicator on and see for yourself if it effects reception.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:45 PM   #22
Meyefull
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: stack Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspan View Post
. But just so you know I turned on my battery indicator number (type NMLL while holding alt) I removed my battery door many times and the number change by 3 once, which I figure had nothing to do with my removing the door. Again your results my very but turn your number indicator on and see for yourself if it effects reception.
Side question. How do i turn the indicator off? lol

Edit: Nevermind just pulled the battery and it went back to normal.

Last edited by Meyefull; 07-08-2009 at 08:54 PM..
Old 07-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #23
Caspan
No longer Registered.

same Keys again its a toggle
Old 07-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #24
captthomason

Model: 9860
PIN: to bean
Carrier: AT&T

same sequence.....ALT then NMLL
Old 07-08-2009, 09:03 PM   #25
Meyefull

Sweeeeet
Old 07-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #26
cmuncan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspan View Post
I would imagine they would it's a good point and again would love to see an after market manufacturer build these into the back door so it is not such a fragile solution. Mine is very well placed and secured though I am not afraid of a drop breaking it... some one stepping on the back door??? yeah that would wreck it I think im going to invest in a small amount of epoxy or hot glue for the chip part so that it is encased in a small amount of protective coating of rubberish substance.
awesome idea none the less. I totally dig it... espeically the part about the small amount of protective coating of rubberish substance

HA!

If at first you don't succeed, give up because if you can't do it right the first time, you'll never be able to do it!
Old 07-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #27
Damaged7

Model: 9810

Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000)

I hope that "people are afraid of technology" comment wasn't directed at anyone here. Everyone here is because they have a blackberry or want one. Meaning they aren't afraid of technology.

I don't want an RFID chip. Its bad enough I have to get flu shots when who knows what's in there. I definatly don't want an RFID chip. More or less for the same reasons. Who knows what they put in it. I'd rather have my SIN card and whatever info I need in card or paper form. I see no use for me personally to get a RFID.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:18 PM   #28
Meyefull

Thanks for your opinion ^
Old 07-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #29
Caspan
No longer Registered.

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged7
Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000)

I hope that "people are afraid of technology" comment wasn't directed at anyone here. Everyone here is because they have a blackberry or want one. Meaning they aren't afraid of technology.

I don't want an RFID chip. Its bad enough I have to get flu shots when who knows what's in there. I definatly don't want an RFID chip. More or less for the same reasons. Who knows what they put in it. I'd rather have my SIN card and whatever info I need in card or paper form. I see no use for me personally to get a RFID.
I hope you understand what I mean by that comment. It's not ment as an insult at all. But you response says it all. You are worried about what could be stored on it. These devices are so small they can normally hold at most 128 bits at most there is not much that can be stored on that little of space. The purpose of RFID is to only contain a number that when looked up in a database would relate to everything that you want related to it to be honest. Again you SIN or SSN is the same way its just a number but relates to everything you. So your comment proves its self that people are uneducated and are scared of something they don't really understand. Again not ment as an insult but its very true. There is scarry uses for it IE unlocking your car or starting it. All some one needs if your RFID and it can be easly duplicated and use for the same purpose. So I understand your concern but RFID (if it could be switched) is as safe as a SIN or SSN you carry in you wallet..... In the end its just a number and nothing else
Closed Thread