Old 11-30-2007, 05:36 PM   #21
usagijyo

Model: 8120
PIN: [PM and I'll think about it]
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B123 View Post
Has anyone downloaded it with a 8100 (Pearl) I tried but it told me that I needed to order some $100+ dollar external blue tooth system with it. How will that help me if I'm using it in someone else's car or walking down the street?
I used a 3-mth free trial of the software before on my t-mo 8100 (I followed a suggestion in another thread when identifying my carrier and model since they didn't support t-mo then), and liked the software a lot since it gave me voice prompts. I (bluetooth-) paired my 8100 with my Holux GPSlim240 receiver since the 8100 does not have a built-in GPS receiver. The Holux is teeny enough for me to hang off my keychain to bring around and I've just held it to face the skies when I'm in a friend's car or standing still on the streets (I can't walk and hold my hand out all the time for fear of looking even dorkier ). If I'm in my car, I just toss my Holux on the center console where there's some sky-exposure.

Like I mentioned, I liked the software and am personally debating whether I want to shell out $60 a year for the convenience of updated maps on the go, instead of always fussing with my old standalone blocky Garmin GPS where I have limited memory and need to use my PC to load maps when I travel. I'm starting to get to know my area decently and gradually not using GPS as much to learn my way around so Google Maps might be enough. Hmmm...

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Last edited by usagijyo; 11-30-2007 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: incomplete sentence. eek!
Closed Thread