Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
perezrob

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Claro
Default Can't Sync Contacts from Outlook 2007

Please Login to Remove!

A few days ago my 8900 started popping up an error message when syncing that said "Intellisyc Specific Connector Error" or something like it... I came into the forum and found the same problem addressed to someone else and they directed it to a Knowledge Base article that explained that it was a conflict with the pictures on contacts on the Device and on Outlook so they gave instructions on how to clear the database on the device to be able to sync the contacts again and populate the device with Outlook database.

I followed the instructions to the letter by entering the Advanced button on the Backup and Restore area on the main menu, and found the contacts database and cleared it.

Once I did that, I tried to sync and it did not show the connector error but another one popped up, now saying "Synchronization not complete", after that I tried different things to get it to sync without any success, everything else syncs except for the contacts. So I went again to the Advanced button on the Backup and Restore area on the main menu, and to my surprise, I can't find the contacts database anymore, I tried refreshing but its simply not there. Weird thing is that the device still has its old set of contacts which does not sync with outlook and does not even show on the databases thing I mentioned like it did before.

Please help me find a way of syncing my contacts again or at the very least getting the contacts database to show on the list so I can clear it and repopulate it again with my Outlook's.

Rob
Old 02-09-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
somerandomguy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: tmo

you can force the sync program to overwrite EVERYTHING on your device.

go to DM, synchronize menu, configure synchronization and go through looking for the contacts option... there is a place to specify the direction, and you want to do one way: outlook to device and check the overwrite everything on device box.

that should erase the contacts database and replace it with everything in outlook.

if that doesnt work, then you might want to reinstall DM or look at possible corrupt data in outlook or some other cause.

Else, if you *must* force your data onto the device, you can sign up for a my.funambol portal account which wil allow you to wireless sync your data... or you can use google contacts sync if you use google.

hope that helps!
Old 02-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #3
perezrob

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Claro

I tried to force the sync program to overwrite EVERYTHING on my deviceby using the DM, synchronizing menu, configuring synchronization to specify "outlook to device" and then checked the overwrite everything on device box but with no success at all.

The sync just worked for everything else and does not even try to start on the contacts as if the Outlook Contacts database were unchecked on the synchronizing menu configuration.

I scanned my outlook data file for corruption but everything was OK. Reinstalled DM and didn't work, upgraded to an updated version of the DM and still had the same exact problem.

So I guess that that leaves me pretty much with the "my.funambol" portal option. Could you please provide me with some insight on how exactly to do it... I'm a bit new at this and do not know much about this systems other that what I can figure out with common sense. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Rob
Closed Thread