Carrier: No

Please Login to Remove!

I like my 8820!
Old 03-03-2009, 08:18 AM   #42
thetattoo

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I don't want craptastic windows on my system in any way, shape, or form. I'm a Mac user that bought a piece of hardware (the Storm) that was sold to me under the auspices of compatibility with the hardware and OS I prefer. I love this phone, but RIM is trying to make me HATE IT! No IMAP folder support from the built-in email client, weak synchronization support (pocketmac=FAIL), intermittent and spontaneous system crashes, and a host of minor UI complaints (who QCs your software, RIM?). With each passing day, I get closer to giving up on the Storm. I want so desperately to believe that improvements are coming, but how long do even minor updates take, for pete's sake? Show me that you are trying to get it right and I'll hang on.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #43
arcurlyq
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: AT&T

Very frustrating. Just got off the phone with RIM and they claim that there is no plans to release a Mac version of the BB Manager software any time soon. When I asked how I, as a Mac user, should go about updating my operating software on my BB, the rep said, "You'll need to find a friend and borrow their PC for an hour or two." Grrrr....
Old 03-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #44
JiveTurkey
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcurlyq View Post
Very frustrating. Just got off the phone with RIM and they claim that there is no plans to release a Mac version of the BB Manager software any time soon. When I asked how I, as a Mac user, should go about updating my operating software on my BB, the rep said, "You'll need to find a friend and borrow their PC for an hour or two." Grrrr....
Ugh. Looks like a bloody iPhone is in my near future.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #45
michbarr

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

I have a dell and mac. i've tried to use the mac media sync from rim and it fails imo. it took my music and put it on the storage card but i can't see them on the Bold menu for music. go figure. even if rim comes out with a mac desktop i would not plan on it working for a while based on their mac product already available. their track record is certainly not one of high quality software development.
if anyone has any idea on how to fix mac media sync please send me some clues ... please.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #46
arcurlyq
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post
Ugh. Looks like a bloody iPhone is in my near future.
Yeah, dare I say I might have to lean that way myself. I hate the thought because there is so much I LOVE about my BB. Maybe a critical mass of us could really push RIM to get Mac-supported software up and running? I just have a hard time believing that it's that complicated when you consider all the technological feats the BB represents. Can anyone share what the hold up is?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:46 AM   #47
cupcake of bahrain

Model: 8900
Carrier: Zain Bahrain

Why would Mac want RIMS devices to work on their system?
Old 04-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #48
iomatic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none

If the Mac market share is around 10% of the overall PC market, it begs the question:

How many businesses do you know voluntarily turn down 10% of their businesses?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:11 PM   #49
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake of bahrain View Post
Why would Mac want RIMS devices to work on their system?
That's stupid question. First of all, the company is Apple, not Mac. Second that would be like saying why would MS allow Word Perfect to run on Windows, or Quick Time to run on Windows. You OS wouldn't be very popular if you stopped your competitors from developing for your platform.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #50
JiveTurkey

Model: 8310

Quote:
Originally Posted by iomatic View Post
If the Mac market share is around 10% of the overall PC market, it begs the question:

How many businesses do you know voluntarily turn down 10% of their businesses?
That's been my argument, I am just getting fed up with them taking forever. People who think a worldwide company is going to ignore Mac's because it is 10% of less of the market are insane. That 10% (or 7% or 8%, whatever you want to claim) is still millions and millions and millions of potential customers for a global company like RIM.

Heck, even Microsoft makes their products available on Mac. I am using Excel 08 right now. The problem with RIM and the Blackberry is that no one knows how fast they are moving, so we don't know if patience will be worth it. My patience is running thin, which is why if the next generation iPhone comes out before the BB Mac DM, I'm gone.

I did see someone post a note the other day that they were told directly by RIM developers (at CES in January) that a Mac desktop manager would be available in the first half of the year. It is the internet so who knows how true that is, but it is at least a reason for hope.

Last edited by JiveTurkey; 04-02-2009 at 10:31 PM..
Old 04-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #51
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post
I did see someone post a note the other day that they were told directly by RIM developers (at CES in January) that a Mac desktop manager would be available in the first half of the year. It is the internet so who knows how true that is, but it is at least a reason for hope.
I think RIM also said that BB OS 5.0 was suppose to be out last year. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for RIM to deliver this.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:49 AM   #52
iomatic
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none

This is pretty much why I went iPhone. Such a better platform anyway (though I definitely miss the unified Inbox and keyboard, the first Apple can fix, the second impossible) for applications and utility.

I'm starting to type pretty quickly and only missing the keyboard a little bit.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #53
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iomatic View Post
This is pretty much why I went iPhone. Such a better platform anyway (though I definitely miss the unified Inbox and keyboard, the first Apple can fix, the second impossible) for applications and utility.

I'm starting to type pretty quickly and only missing the keyboard a little bit.
Typing will become a lot easier when 3.0 comes out and the landscape keyboard is available on all apps.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:16 PM   #54
alijiwani

Model: 8830
Default Deadline Sept 09

That's when my current Verizon contract ends. If I cant get my BB to sync by then (after I got a new laptop, its never synced), its bye bye blackberry and thus bye bye Verizon. I've spent the last 2 weeks playing phone tag with Verizon techs who have given up caring on trying to make this work.

The worst part is I am about to buy 2 more macs for my sisters and we all have individual Verizon plans, meaning their phones wont sync either... so why bother keeping Verizon then? Or toss in my parents who are a significant portion of who we call.... stupid Blackberry! And to think I convinced others to buy them!
Old 05-22-2009, 06:15 AM   #55
ifonline
Magic Bananas

Model: iP4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Next would be to pay for Mark/Space's Missing Sync. Folks that have had no luck with PocketMac have gotten great results with this one. Unfortunately it appears there is no free trial, which would be nice considering it's $40 and doesn't seem to work for everyone.
Actually, there is a free 14 day trial of MissingSync. From an e-mail I received from MarkSpace:

Quote:
You can check out a trial version of The Missing Sync prior to purchasing, by going to our downloads page at:

Mark/Space, Inc. - Download MarkSpace The Missing Sync Software Updates

For a BlackBerry device:
  • Under “The Missing Sync for BlackBerry | Available Updates”
  • Click on the Download version 2.0 link
  • NOTE: You must be running Mac OS 10.4.8 or later. or Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
  • I recommend at least 10.4.10.
When prompted for a registration code, choose Register Later. That will delay registration for 14 days while you try it out.

We don't offer technical support on our trial versions, so please read the user guide after installing and back up your data first.

Semper Fi 3/2/2
"Wow" is now overused. Therefore, I will use "Magic bananas" instead.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #56
asdf37

Model: 8900

the mac desktop software is currently being tested internally. should be out in a few months.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #57
David.Burke
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 3GS
Carrier: Rogers

Just in time to compete with the next generation iPhone and OS 3.0. It's rumoured to release on July 17.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #58
cblackberrynyc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: at&t your world. Delivered.

If true, thats a BIG step forward for RIM. LONG over due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf37 View Post
the mac desktop software is currently being tested internally. should be out in a few months.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #59
rvinny
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: ATT

a few means 3 (or less than 5?) - so we can expect it by Fall? Snow Leopard comes out in September. Maybe they are waiting for that but by then we'll have Exchange Support in OS X and not desktop manager for synching.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #60
aunkster

Model: 8130
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Vaporware. I'll believe it when I see it.
almost the same here,i may not have went through that many before getting the iphone
Closed Thread