BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 05:31 PM   #1
kuribo

Model: 7100T
Default blackberry / entourage / exchange

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, all. I'm trying to set up a Blackberry and Entourage to run off the same Exchange server from mailstreet.com for my boss. Thing is, he only wants Entourage to be able to see the calendar from the exchange server, not the email. But I've been told that the blackberry needs to have its calendar and email coming from the same place, so they can't be separated. This make sense to anyone? Any ideas?

Thanks
Kuribo
Old 05-29-2006, 03:31 PM   #2
genesislogic
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuribo
Hi, all. I'm trying to set up a Blackberry and Entourage to run off the same Exchange server from mailstreet.com for my boss. Thing is, he only wants Entourage to be able to see the calendar from the exchange server, not the email. But I've been told that the blackberry needs to have its calendar and email coming from the same place, so they can't be separated. This make sense to anyone? Any ideas?
No can do. Your Blackberry can only display the calendar and inbox of its associated Exchange account. Entourage however, supports multiple identities (like profiles) so you can have profile for a calendar he likes to use, then switch out to the one the blackberry uses.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:04 PM   #3
Photios
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

You might be able to fanangle this...

I use a mac at the office, and my email is set up on an exchange account. We use BES to sync our blackberries to the exchange server, which syncs up email, calendar, tasks and notes. The only trouble is that entourage does not sync tasks and notes with the exchange server. Thus, unless my notes and tasks are pc generated, I get nothing synced to my Blackberry.

I tried to sync the entourage tasks and notes separately via usb to the Blackberry, only turning those options on for syncing in pocket mac. The sync appeared to go through, but there was nothing synced to my blackberry. However, when I went on the blackberry, and opend the tasks applicaiton, I held the trackwheel button down, went to options... There is an entry that states "Wireless synchronization" Yes/No. When I turned Wireless synchronization off for the tasks and the notes, and then did the USB sync with the mac, my tasks and notes synced perfectly!

So, the only thing is if your boss is on a BES... If so, then this will be easy.

If not, pocket mac will allow several mac applications to sync with the blackberry, for each of blackberry's only applications (Calendar, addresss, notes and tasks).

What I do is once I sync with my mac, then I turn wireless synchronization back on for tasks and notes, so those changes get saved on the exchange server. I don't turn wireless synchronization off until I need to sync again with the mac.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:08 AM   #4
braddva@mac.com

Model: 8700g
Default Pocket Mac

You mention using 'Pocket Mac' for syncing notes/Task with BB. Where do I find this feature or software?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #5
braddva@mac.com

Model: 8700g

Hi. Can anyone tell me if Pocket Mac can be set up to wirelessly reconcile using Bluetooth connection to the blackberry?
Closed Thread