Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 03:13 PM   #41
kurrupt_1
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 2159FC90
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

i wouldn't mind being able to take my Pearl into court....since they banned camera phones. No need to take pictures just need the use of everything else it does.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #42
kurrupt_1
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: 2159FC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyder81
You can disable the camera with BES policy in 4.1 SP2.
In may case government facilities wouldn't know if it were diabled, they would still say I can't bring it in.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:37 PM   #43
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

I may spring for the door with the camera open if it really sounds louder (I suspect it will). Covering the camera seems useless to me. They won't let you bring it in anywhere banning cameras because you can take off the door and take pictures. You'll have to leave it at the gate anyway. They'll see the cover, know it has a camera.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:42 PM   #44
seidioseidio

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

If you are interseted in the version that is without camera opening on battery door. please email [email address]. this will assit us to determine if we want to start the tooling on this version.

David Chang
Seidio
[email address]
Old 01-23-2007, 09:19 PM   #45
schaefermt
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

This may make you to be inetrested in !

Seidio will release two battery doors for BB 8100

Extended battery door with speaker opening (released !)
OEM battery door with speaker opening (coming soon)

Both will be available in two versions

- with Camera cover (If the feedbacks are favorable)
- Without camera cover (Seidio will definitely have this version )

Now, would you be inetrested in ?

I would order a door that had the openings for the camera and speaker. Also since you are going to be making the door with the speaker holes, will you be making a rubberized case with speaker holes? If so I will order both right away!! I love my hard rubberized case.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:22 PM   #46
BlackPearl
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaefermt

I would order a door that had the openings for the camera and speaker. Also since you are going to be making the door with the speaker holes, will you be making a rubberized case with speaker holes? If so I will order both right away!! I love my hard rubberized case.
I 2nd that!
Old 01-23-2007, 09:26 PM   #47
SanFrancisco

PIN: HEAD

This is something to think about and you can disregard it if you think it is nonsense or just me being ridiculous.

I was in a courtroom the other day there was a large sign declaring that it is a felony to take pictures with cell phones or any other device.

Now I know that sneaking the Pearl by anyone who is checking for cameras is handy, especially when you have no intent to use the camera, but why risk being arrested, fired, or at the minimum accused of taking pictures.

Imagine this scenario:

Your are in a room [can be any room: court, conference, secure documents, records, presentation]. The room is dead quiet and everyone hears a camera click.

The people in charge or Judge cannot tell who it was, so they have everyone searched, including you. They take apart your Pearl and see that it has a "hidden" camera. You get busted, fired or jailed, not for taking pics, but instead because of your deceptive conduct [hiding the camera feature].

So the question is, if you want to cover the camera with a battery cover, ask yourself why you need to do that. If it's for any reason other than simply not wanting a camera, you better think twice about covering it, especially if it is to try and get by whomever is concerned about you having a camera.

Like I said, just a thought. Don't flame me.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 01-23-2007 at 10:30 PM..
Old 01-23-2007, 09:42 PM   #48
tacsniper
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco
This is something to think about and you can disregard it if you think it is nonsense or just me being ridiculous.

I was in a courtroom the other day there was a large sign declaring that it is a felony to take pictures with cell phones or any other device.

Now I know that sneaking the Pearl by anyone who is checking for cameras is handy, especially when you have no intent to use the camera, but why risk being arrested, fired, or at the minimum accused of taking pictures.

Imagine this scenario:

Your are in a room [can be any room: court, conference, secure documents, records, presentation]. The room is dead quiet and everyone hears a camera click.

The people in charge or Judge cannot tell who it was, so they have everyone searched, including you. They take apart your Pearl and see that it has a "hidden" camera. You get busted, fired or jailed, not for taking pics, but instead because of your deceptive conduct [hiding the camera feature].

So the question is, if you want to cover the camera with a battery cover, ask yourself why you need to do that. If it's for any reason other than simply not wanting a camera, you better think twice about covering, especially if it is to try and get by whomever is concerned about you having a camera.

Like I said, just a thought. Don't flame me.
you have a case!
Old 01-23-2007, 10:31 PM   #49
sowhynot
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'd like to see a battery cover that has speaker holes with a sliding lens cover for the camera.

My Sony Clie had a feature where the lens could be covered. Sure prevented lint from accumulating on the lens.

Has Seidio considered this option?
Old 01-23-2007, 10:42 PM   #50
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowhynot
I'd like to see a battery cover that has speaker holes with a sliding lens cover for the camera.

My Sony Clie had a feature where the lens could be covered. Sure prevented lint from accumulating on the lens.

Has Seidio considered this option?
A sliding cover would be totally cool because once a week or so I have to break off a QTip tip, get a tissue, use the tissue, Qtip stick, tissue and Windex to wipe the lens cover, then blow air on the lens to get rid of tissue lint.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 01-23-2007 at 10:45 PM..
Old 01-23-2007, 10:57 PM   #51
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacsniper
you have a case!
Thanks. My point is, why cause people to question intentions, no matter how innocent one might be.

Maybe a little horror story might help illustrate the camera cover point.

I know a lawyer who does not have a criminal or malicious bone in his body.

One day he is late to court so he grabs his briefcase and rushes off. He is in his nice suit and his briefcase is one that his father gave him when he graduated from law school. It's well worn by now.

As he puts his briefcase on the conveyor scanner, he walks through the "people scanner."

He reaches for his briefcase and two deputies grab him, throw him down on the floor and handcuff him. Why?

The night before he had taken his handgun from the office to his home. He put it in his briefcase. Tired, he forgot to remove it at his house. So you know the rest of the story.

Anyway, he missed his court date and spent the better part of the morning in the court's holding cell with all the other prisoners appearing in court that day.

In the afternoon he was released and he had to plead to a misdemeanor and explain his actions to the State Bar.

While I know he did not have bad intentions and no one else that knew him understood it was innocent error, no one at the Courthouse should have been expected to believe him.

So the above scenario could just as well happen with a camera phone that has had its camera hidden.

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 01-24-2007 at 10:42 AM..
Old 01-23-2007, 11:14 PM   #52
baccess
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Many
Carrier: Various

Quote:
Thanks. My point is, why cause people to question intentions, no matter how innocent one might be.

Maybe a little story might help illustrate the camera cover point.

I know a lawyer who does not have a criminal or malicious bone in his body.

One day he is late to court so he grabs his briefcase and rushes off. He is in his nice suit and his briefcase is one that his father gave him when he graduated from law school. It's well worn by now.

As he puts his briefcase on the conveyor scanner, he walks through the "people scanner."

He reaches for his briefcase and two deputies grab him, throw him down on the floor and handcuff him. Why?

The night before he had taken his handgun from the office to his home. He put it in his briefcase. Tired, he forgot to remove it at his house. So you know the rest of the story.

Anyway, he missed his court date and spent the better part of the morning in the court's holding cell with all the other prisoners appearing in court that day.

In the afternoon he was released and he had to plead to a misdemeanor and explain his actions to the State Bar.

While I know he did not have bad intentions and no one else that knew him understood it was innocent error, no one at the Courthouse should have been expected to believe him.

So the above scenario could just as well happen with a camera phone that has had its camera hidden.
Certainly something to think about.

I did find the statement at the bottom ironic, "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to get permission.".
Old 01-24-2007, 06:13 AM   #53
stevec_ny
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800

@David from Seidio

I see conflicting instructions to either post here for interest, or email bb8100@seidio.com or will either be accepted? I guess this would be my bid for an extended battery door with camera cover.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:42 AM   #54
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccess
Certainly something to think about.

I did find the statement at the bottom ironic, "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to get permission.".
That's my signature, not part of the story. In his case he needed the opposite, which is ironic.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:21 PM   #55
seidioseidio

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevec_ny
@David from Seidio

I see conflicting instructions to either post here for interest, or email [email address] or will either be accepted? I guess this would be my bid for an extended battery door with camera cover.
You can do both, but if you send us an email, we will notify you when it is released

Seidio
Old 01-24-2007, 02:56 PM   #56
FynxSyndct
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: 42
Carrier: Verizon

I would love for you, Seidio, to make camera covered battery cover, a rubberized skin and case to house my new bb 8100. I love the phone and will love your products!
Old 01-25-2007, 02:41 AM   #57
sanjeevjoshi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Cingular
Default Count me in for speaker holes and camera cover

I will pay a handsome amount to get a battery cover with speaker holes and camera cover. I have already pried out the camera, so if the battery cover comes along, I am ready to buy right away.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:29 AM   #58
Lotus99
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeevjoshi
I have already pried out the camera...
Why???
Old 01-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #59
baccess
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Many
Carrier: Various

Quote:
That's my signature, not part of the story. In his case he needed the opposite, which is ironic.
I do realize that it is the signature. I guess I sometimes find signatures ironic when coupled with the stories/opinions that are told/expressed by the signature's owners. -certainly no offense intended.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:55 PM   #60
SanFrancisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccess
I do realize that it is the signature. I guess I sometimes find signatures ironic when coupled with the stories/opinions that are told/expressed by the signature's owners. -certainly no offense intended.
None taken.

It was really too bad for that guy. He's a decent fellow [but only average attorney] who always has things go wrong for him. Of course a lot he brings on himself.

He would be the one person I could see getting busted because he modified his Pearl to conceal the camera, no matter how innocent his intentions.
Closed Thread