Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
creepy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t
Default Drivesafe.ly problem with 1.23

Please Login to Remove!

Has anybody upgraded or installed drivesafe.ly version 1.23?

I upgraded to 1.23 and now I can't close drivesafe.ly when I select "exit drivesafe.ly". Instead of exiting like it use to, it just disables the program and you hear "drivesafe.ly disabled", but the app is still running.

The only way to close the program is to do a reboot or battery pull. Anybody else experiencing this?
Old 04-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
scottjb
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Yes, that seems to be a "feature" of 1.23. I removed the app because of it--I prefer to be able to close an app when I'm not using it.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:41 PM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

I just did the same.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #4
DriveSafe.ly

Model: Storm
Carrier: AT&T

We have added Bluetooth activation to DriveSafe.ly which turns on DriveSafe.ly when you connect your Bluetooth to your phone. In order to add this feature we had to make some changes to DriveSafe.ly. If you have any questions regarding this please feel free to contact [email address]
Old 05-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #5
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Since I have had constant problems with DriveSafe.ly not stopping (when I press the red phone key) repeatedly, with different versions, I have uninstalled it.

When it works, please let me know.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:17 PM   #6
scottjb
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8530

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveSafe.ly View Post
...If you have any questions regarding this please feel free to contact [email address]
Hi,

Have you read through the last few pages of this thread? I think all the questions and concerns are there. For me, the demographic questions were a put off, but I answered them after being annoyed a few times by them. It's probably useless to ask someone's birth year as I doubt you would get the actual year from anyone. Now that I cannot run my device without loading DriveSafe.ly, I have removed it. I only used when I was driving--I don't want it loaded all the time. That would make me start using it again.

As mentioned above, I have had a few instances when I had to pull the battery to stop it from reading a message.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
Kopter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon (BES)

Quote:
We have added Bluetooth activation to DriveSafe.ly which turns on DriveSafe.ly when you connect your Bluetooth to your phone. In order to add this feature we had to make some changes to DriveSafe.ly. If you have any questions regarding this please feel free to contact [email address]
Bluetooth activation is nice. However, please understand... I don't use my Bluetooth ONLY when I am driving. I use it in my office, in my home, etc. (you know.. when I CAN and WANT to look at my device if I so choose.) If you are saying that in order for the BT activation to operate properly, the app needs to run 24/7 in the background.. well add me to the list of those who deleted the app. I would say that I used DriveSafe.ly about 3 hours a week. To have the app using resources all day, every day in exchange for BT activation for 3 hours a week.. uh no thanks. Further, I should be able to decide IF I want to turn on the app when I connect my BT to my phone... the app shouldn't make that choice for me. ya?
I will re-install when you disable this component of the application.

Until then I will take a look at Vlingo which I am told is a similar app but also allows for voice to text transcription/send for emails/texts/opening apps/etc.

Last edited by Kopter; 05-10-2010 at 12:43 PM..
Old 05-13-2010, 07:05 PM   #8
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930

Quote:
Does the app even work with Bluetooth? Historically, DriveSafe.ly has not consistently worked with Bluetooth (e.g., sometimes low volume, sometimes no volume/static, ...).
Old 05-13-2010, 07:36 PM   #9
Kopter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon (BES)

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
Does the app even work with Bluetooth? Historically, DriveSafe.ly has not consistently worked with Bluetooth (e.g., sometimes low volume, sometimes no volume/static, ...).
The latest version did make the BT function fully and dependably operable. Now, again, I deleted it so I am not sure just what version that is.. uh.. was...
Closed Thread