Old 12-17-2008, 08:28 AM   #181
BES admin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
Carrier: Android -> AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick chi-town View Post
God... I'm so jealous of all of you!!! I've been one of the loudest ones in this thread and still not going to see mine til tomorrow! You have got to love corporate sales and state directors for this BS company... but yet my company was going to see some pre-release devices. That was a good one.. Hey andy and kevin... if you're reading this, great costumer service boys... no wonder Sprint/Nextel is dying on the vine.
It's so amusing to see how you all are so excited to get the 8350. This stuff is old news to the rest of us, we've had the curve for over a year. The rest of the world is on to the Bold and Storm.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that Nextel FINALLY came out with a newer push-to-talk BlackBerry, but it's sad that they set the bar so low that their customers get excited when something old seems new.

I'm happy for you all and I have customers that are too. Hopefully for everyone Nextel picks up the pace with BlackBerry releases. Enjoy all!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #182
rick chi-town

Model: 9650
PIN: pin me to the wall.
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by BES admin View Post
It's so amusing to see how you all are so excited to get the 8350. This stuff is old news to the rest of us, we've had the curve for over a year. The rest of the world is on to the Bold and Storm.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that Nextel FINALLY came out with a newer push-to-talk BlackBerry, but it's sad that they set the bar so low that their customers get excited when something old seems new.

I'm happy for you all and I have customers that are too. Hopefully for everyone Nextel picks up the pace with BlackBerry releases. Enjoy all!

Believe me, I'm with you! I've had a Curve for over a year on AT&T, had an iPhone before that... the iPhone sucked, so I got this Curve, well... AT&T just sucks, so nevermind. Anyway.. the Bold is, I'm sure, a great device just too big. The Storm... just too many bugs right now and I'm not a fan of Verizon anyway. So the choices just keep deminishing.

My company is in the delivery/service business, we need the reliability of a two-way phone that actually works. Nextel is the only game in town for Direct Connect. So for the Blackberry side of it, just kind of excited about the new Curve... oh, and the 4.6 is a bonus too!
Old 12-17-2008, 11:08 AM   #183
blackmage
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alousteau View Post
Mine did that with the GPS earlier, I had to have it search a few times. I put it in the window of my office and just kept telling it to refresh. It finally came up, try it outside with a clear view. By the way it did take about 20 to 25 min for the gps to come up. It looks like the initial scan takes a long time, now it locks right onto the sats.

Also when are we going to move this discussion to the Curve area. I know it is quite shocking, I am still in shock, that Nextel came out with a new BB but it isn't a rumor anymore!!!

CAN THE GPS BE CONFIGURED TO WORK WITH GOOGLE MAPS VS BB MAPS?? GOOGLE SEEMS TO WORK A LITTLE BETTER IN MY OPINION.

Last edited by blackmage; 12-17-2008 at 04:23 PM..
Old 12-17-2008, 08:36 PM   #184
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many

Of course it can. The GPS on Sprint CDMA and iDEN BB's is unlocked..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmage View Post
CAN THE GPS BE CONFIGURED TO WORK WITH GOOGLE MAPS VS BB MAPS?? GOOGLE SEEMS TO WORK A LITTLE BETTER IN MY OPINION.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:38 PM   #185
southwestcomm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Many

I don't understand why people are critical of the Curve form factor. It's been one of the best selling for RIM. The OS is 4.6.1 which is the latest available, the device supports simultaneous WiFi and iDEN which is new and great, and the device has an unlocked GPS so it supports any 3rd party app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick chi-town View Post
Believe me, I'm with you! I've had a Curve for over a year on AT&T, had an iPhone before that... the iPhone sucked, so I got this Curve, well... AT&T just sucks, so nevermind. Anyway.. the Bold is, I'm sure, a great device just too big. The Storm... just too many bugs right now and I'm not a fan of Verizon anyway. So the choices just keep deminishing.

My company is in the delivery/service business, we need the reliability of a two-way phone that actually works. Nextel is the only game in town for Direct Connect. So for the Blackberry side of it, just kind of excited about the new Curve... oh, and the 4.6 is a bonus too!
Old 12-17-2008, 09:24 PM   #186
rick chi-town

Model: 9650
PIN: pin me to the wall.

Well it's in my hot little hand... has been all day, I'm not sure I put it down today?? Here's my take.. 4.6 rocks! Nextel DC works about 98% the way it should, it just seems like it beeps funny.
The standard issue Curve form factor (as stated above) is IMO very close to perfection... the 8350i just grew a little taller and ate a few too many big macs. Not a deal breaker, and I know they had alot of guts to get in that shell, but skip something else, make it fit in the standard shell! Oh well... too late, it's been released. WiFi is def. very cool too...
Old 12-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #187
Bamellis
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9850

I actually like the beep better! I think the usual beep can be annoying. This just seems better.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:30 AM   #188
rodrigogudino

Model: 8350i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Nextel

I just installed google maps for mobile and it doesn't seem to work, shows error:
"Network unavaiable: This application requires a data connection, and some Blackberry devices require reconfiguration to work properly. Please visit google.com/gmm on your computer for more info".
Of course that web page is directly to google maps for mobile software, so it doesn't help. I'm thinking it's the wifi, since google maps should be preset to connect with carrier's data connection and not wifi. Or I might be wrong.

Other thing, when you use BB pre-installed web browser, it asks you to connect to wifi. IS THERE ANY WAY TO SURF WEB VIA DATA CONNECTION? Not WiFi
Old 12-18-2008, 07:00 AM   #189
propaneman

Model: 7100i
Carrier: nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigogudino View Post
I just installed google maps for mobile and it doesn't seem to work, shows error:
"Network unavaiable: This application requires a data connection, and some Blackberry devices require reconfiguration to work properly. Please visit google.com/gmm on your computer for more info".
Of course that web page is directly to google maps for mobile software, so it doesn't help. I'm thinking it's the wifi, since google maps should be preset to connect with carrier's data connection and not wifi. Or I might be wrong.

Other thing, when you use BB pre-installed web browser, it asks you to connect to wifi. IS THERE ANY WAY TO SURF WEB VIA DATA CONNECTION? Not WiFi

Once you push your service books through through it will work correctly
Old 12-18-2008, 02:27 PM   #190
blackmage

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwestcomm View Post
Of course it can. The GPS on Sprint CDMA and iDEN BB's is unlocked..

The MY Location in google maps is not working which is why I questioned this!! I have installed the app on other BB for other carriers & it started working with no problems. Not sure if there is something I may need to do extra?!?!

thx-

Last edited by blackmage; 12-18-2008 at 04:11 PM..
Old 12-18-2008, 10:38 PM   #191
Josh2222

This phone is a vast improvement from the 7100i. I got mine today and its great!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:57 PM   #192
avm117

Model: 8350
Thumbs down Txt Msg Problems

me too! i'm having so many problems with the txting :[[[

have you fixed yours yet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the great gazoo View Post
ok i got mine too. pritty cool. i am having alot of problems with texting though. any one else?
ok since the 8350i is out i think this thread may want to be moved from the Rumor Mill to it's own thread.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:58 PM   #193
avm117

is anyone else having probelsmw ith teh txting?
Old 12-18-2008, 11:00 PM   #194
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm117 View Post
are you getting a recept error? I was and tech couldn't figure it out.
check this thread for the fix.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:03 PM   #195
avm117

Default thread?

what exactly is this thread you speak of?

will it help with my txting or no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritan View Post
Old 12-18-2008, 11:05 PM   #196
Tritan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avm117 View Post

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-bug-list.html
Old 12-19-2008, 12:02 AM   #197
avm117

[QUOTE=Tritan;1215339]are you getting a recept error? I was and tech couldn't figure it out.

no im sorry this didn't help :[
Old 12-19-2008, 11:47 AM   #198
kick my blackberry

Thumbs up Problems with texting

I haven't had any problems with texting but with my blackberry email I had to call tech support and they had to look for what they call a IMIS number, i initially thought she was trying to say IMEI number. Well, anywho, she found that number and realized that they had not put in the right pin or IMEI number in order for her put in the IMIS number now everything works fine.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:39 PM   #199
tarjan

thats imei and imsi. Two different numbers.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:37 PM   #200
rodrigogudino

Quote:
Originally Posted by propaneman View Post
Once you push your service books through through it will work correctly
Thanks a lot but I'm a newbie. How exactly do you do it?
Closed Thread