Old 10-02-2007, 04:59 PM   #101
jjrr
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
Carrier: v

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thtee View Post
I think it would be worth 2 lines of tasks to have the preview. Many of my tasks look about the same and must be opened to really see what they are. I vote for that next.

Mark
Makes perfect sense!

Maybe it would be cool to have a line beneath each task's name containing the beginning of its description - what do you please think?

Thank you
The Link2 Team
Old 10-02-2007, 05:37 PM   #102
tjk1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrr View Post
Makes perfect sense!

Maybe it would be cool to have a line beneath each task's name containing the beginning of its description - what do you please think?

Thank you
The Link2 Team
i think it'd be cool to see the second line say, for a title that is too long.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:35 AM   #103
jjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk1 View Post
i think it'd be cool to see the second line say, for a title that is too long.
Makes sense..

Thank you!
The Link2 Team
Old 10-04-2007, 05:50 AM   #104
jjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelW View Post
Dates aren't displaying correctly for me, either.

It is displaying 09-1 for a To Do which is due Sept. 19th. The 9 is cut off. Same with other To-Do dates....

As far as color, while the red text (High Priority) is displayed, the green text (Low Priority) is pretty hard to differentiate from the Black (normal priority) font.
Can you please go ahead and try downloading the latest version 0.98?

Please let us know.

Thank you so much
The Link2 Team
Link2 - Practical BlackBerry Utilities - Great BlackBerry Software
Old 10-04-2007, 09:26 AM   #105
BB_Noob

Model: curve
Carrier: cingular

I just downloaded version 0.98 (upgraded from version 0.97)

I am now seeing an 'Untitled Task' and the date display format has changed to 'Oct 4, 2007'. Was that change intentional?

I can definitely see myself using this app as my task manager on BB.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2007, 09:57 AM   #106
jjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Noob View Post
I just downloaded version 0.98 (upgraded from version 0.97)

I am now seeing an 'Untitled Task' and the date display format has changed to 'Oct 4, 2007'. Was that change intentional?

I can definitely see myself using this app as my task manager on BB.

Thanks
Hi there,

can you please re-download and see if the date formatting is better?
Thank you so much!
The Link2 Team
Old 10-04-2007, 10:36 AM   #107
tjk1
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm also getting the untitled task, but I can just delete it.

The dates are misaligned.

i've noticed that it doesn't ask you to save if you make a new task and press back. i think that is an important feature.

also, open by clicking trackball has not be implemented any plans of doing such?
how does the "this week" show the tasks due? is it say, set for monday thru sunday? how about implementing it so it shows 7 days ahead from that particular date?

how about showing past due items in a color, red or blue? I think it might be better to do it the way the built in tasks program does it, and show the important things with a nice red exclamation point on things that are "High Priority" in front of the task... any thoughts on that?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:56 PM   #108
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

To get rid of untitled task, go to your native task app and delete from there.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:16 PM   #109
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Okay. Trying 0.98 now Dates are still out of sync a bit with the theme I am using but definitely an improvement.

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #110
BB_Noob

Model: curve
Carrier: cingular

Quote:
Hi there,

can you please re-download and see if the date formatting is better?
Thank you so much!
The Link2 Team
Works much better now even though the version number is still 0.98.

Thanks.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:00 AM   #111
jjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Noob View Post
Works much better now even though the version number is still 0.98.

Thanks.
Thanks a bunch!

So, what do you see as room for improvement?

Thank you so much for your feedback!
The Link2 Team
Old 10-05-2007, 06:16 AM   #112
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Are you able to have the dates format correctly, regardless of theme?

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:17 AM   #113
tjk1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Thanks a bunch!

So, what do you see as room for improvement?

Thank you so much for your feedback!
The Link2 Team

the next two weeks feature doesn't work correctly. it doesnt show the items for this week.

also, are there going to be more sorting options, such as sort by date, then priority, etc?

what about being able to filter for more than one category? currently you can only do one.

and an option to change colors and fonts?

finally, i never heard back from you about the idea of having the exclamation point next to the high priority tasks and then having the overdue change colors?
Old 10-06-2007, 04:14 AM   #114
jjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk1 View Post
the next two weeks feature doesn't work correctly. it doesnt show the items for this week.

also, are there going to be more sorting options, such as sort by date, then priority, etc?

what about being able to filter for more than one category? currently you can only do one.

and an option to change colors and fonts?

finally, i never heard back from you about the idea of having the exclamation point next to the high priority tasks and then having the overdue change colors?
Hi there,
first of all, thanks for your feedback!

also, are there going to be more sorting options, such as sort by date, then priority, etc? - yes

and an option to change colors and fonts? - working on this already

finally, i never heard back from you about the idea of having the exclamation point next to the high priority tasks and then having the overdue change colors? - we are still deciding on this - but the exclamation mark might be the best way to handles this..

Thank you so much!

The Link Team
Old 10-09-2007, 02:42 PM   #115
jjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by akosnitzky View Post

Are you able to have the dates format correctly, regardless of theme?
Working on this...thank you for your patience and support!

The Link2 Team
Old 10-10-2007, 10:48 AM   #116
jjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlissner View Post
Well, I had about 3000 tasks on my BB. I went and purged my completed tasks and now it opens much quicker.

Really needs the sorting and filtering suggestions you have above.

Did you see my other post above about recurring tasks?
Hi there,

sorry for the late reply - yes, the suggestions regarding recurring tasks are great - in fact, we have just discovered how useful it would be - so we are going to implement this..

Thank you for your support!
The Link2 Team
Old 10-10-2007, 11:17 AM   #117
mdlissner

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Hi there,

sorry for the late reply - yes, the suggestions regarding recurring tasks are great - in fact, we have just discovered how useful it would be - so we are going to implement this..

Thank you for your support!
The Link2 Team
jjrr, This is great news. The support for recurring tasks and synchronizations between Outlook and the handheld PIM is very poor, for all handheld operating systems.

The ReDo program from the PalmOS made this very simple. If you missed a task on a day, you could move the due date along without changing the timing of the next recurrence of this. ReDo just broke the recurring task into all single tasks which can synchronize flawlessly with the handheld OS.

Any idea on when you will get this into Magic Task. I would be very happy to put my test cases into practice and make sure it worked.

Mark

Cingular BB8800
Old 10-12-2007, 02:21 PM   #118
jjrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlissner View Post
jjrr, This is great news. The support for recurring tasks and synchronizations between Outlook and the handheld PIM is very poor, for all handheld operating systems.

The ReDo program from the PalmOS made this very simple. If you missed a task on a day, you could move the due date along without changing the timing of the next recurrence of this. ReDo just broke the recurring task into all single tasks which can synchronize flawlessly with the handheld OS.

Any idea on when you will get this into Magic Task. I would be very happy to put my test cases into practice and make sure it worked.
First, thank you so much for your response.

Now, regarding recurring tasks:

Can you please describe here how you would like to have this handled from the user's perspective? (just a few steps) - so that we are clear as to what should be left for the software to do.
We are assuming the users would just create the task and select how often the task should occur...

Again, thank you so much!

The Link2 Team
Old 10-13-2007, 06:38 AM   #119
mdlissner

Model: 8800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
First, thank you so much for your response.

Now, regarding recurring tasks:

Can you please describe here how you would like to have this handled from the user's perspective? (just a few steps) - so that we are clear as to what should be left for the software to do.
We are assuming the users would just create the task and select how often the task should occur...

Again, thank you so much!

The Link2 Team

jjrr,

Here is how I would see it.

> User goes to a seperate section of your program for recurring tasks.
> Enter task details:
> Task Description
> Frequency of Recurrence (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly)
> When to add the task to the task list (1,2..7 days before it is due)

That would be all. Thanks - let me know when it is ready and I can run it through some tests.

Mark

Cingular BB8800
Old 10-14-2007, 09:30 AM   #120
rdj

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

New to the party here, first using version 0.98. It's a fairly useful app as it stands, though it seems to run rather slowly on my 8830, and I only have around 20 tasks defined. Just scrolling around among the tasks seems sluggish with frequent appearances of the hourglass. Hope you guys are going to optimize this before GA...

I'd like to add my support for the recurring tasks idea. It is particularly important that you make this an "automatic task adding" feature, not a "recurrence" property of normal tasks. As mdlissner said, having an overdue instance should not disturb the appearance of future instances.

Bug: someone reported this earlier, but "Next 2 Weeks" does not list the union of "Next Week" and "This Week". That makes no sense, intuitively.

I'm somewhat troubled by the one-size-fits-all, fixed definitions of the filters. I'd rather be able to create a new filter, decide how far into the future it should include due tasks, whether it should include overdue tasks, and be able to filter by category.

Regarding categories, I happen to have a lot of these due to the demands I make on my address book. It would be helpful to "mask" (hide) categories as a preference within MagicTask, so that only those categories relevant to task categorization are visible when creating a new task. etc. ToDoMatrix has this feature (I think) and it's really nice -- wish it were a standard feature of all Blackberry apps.

Incidentally, my be-all, end-all app for task management is "Life Balance" by Llamagraphics. If they ever release a Blackberry version, I'm there. The reason I mention this is that it might not hurt for y'all to take a peek at how they deal with filtering, dynamic priority management, and task "aging". Really, that's what you're trying to accomplish through the MagicTask mechanisms, and although it's probably not worthwhile trying to "reverse engineer" their quite mature design, you may be able to mine it for a few ideas that would work as analogs in the MagicTask model.
Closed Thread