Old 09-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
darrenmott
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Claro
Exclamation SD Card not working

Please Login to Remove!

i have a tmobile version of the 9700, and whenever i place an SD card in it - it never works. i've tried several cards, and none has ever worked. also, i've tried these cards in other blackberry devices and they work. I've heard others complaining that their devices from tmobile isnt accepting their SD cards either.

so i'm wondering, is it a problem with the phone, or is it that tmobile has blocked the use of the memory card? if they have - is there anyway to "fix" this?
Old 09-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: SD Card not working

I didn't have trouble with my 9700.

T-Mobile is not blocking it.

Did you acquire your 9700 secondhand? (I'm wondering about IT Policy.)

Are you sure you are inserting the card properly? Are you pushing it in until it clicks, such that you would have to push it in again so that it springs out a little for you to pull it out?
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 09-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

TMO isn't clocking mine but it says your carrier is Claro so maybe they are. I do know my BB is picky with SD cards but if the cards you're trying work in other BB's then I suspect your phone is bad...
Old 09-11-2011, 11:35 PM   #4
Wolf_Dreams
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenmott View Post
i have a tmobile version of the 9700, and whenever i place an SD card in it - it never works. i've tried several cards, and none has ever worked. also, i've tried these cards in other blackberry devices and they work. I've heard others complaining that their devices from tmobile isnt accepting their SD cards either.

so i'm wondering, is it a problem with the phone, or is it that tmobile has blocked the use of the memory card? if they have - is there anyway to "fix" this?
Check the options page under Device, storage: make sure Media card support is checked.

Its possible a piece of lint is stuck in the slot (get a good light and maybe a magnifying glass and have a look.

Also could be a bit of corrosion.

Either way, if you can see anything wrong (lint, corrosion, or bent pins) remove the battery first and DON'T use anything made of metal. Try a pointed toothpick and/or spray can of compressed air.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:17 AM   #5
darrenmott
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Claro

i dont c anything lodged in it or see any bent pins. the phone is brand new - and since i got it - the mediacard has never worked. it feel and cracked the case and so i thought - ok tansfer the internals to a new case, and the mediacard still doesnt work. i dont know what else to do
Old 11-14-2011, 10:26 PM   #6
BunmieZoeRadioo

Carrier: T-mobile

I'm experiencing this problem - My media card stopped working and it keeps giving me the message to format it. I don't want to format it so as not to lose my album etc. As I haven't backed up the recent camera pix I took :(
I don't have the option to select "compress etc" from options as I've read in some previous posts. I use Bold 9700. Pls advice on what to do. If I format, how do I get my data back?
Thanks
Old 11-20-2011, 07:50 AM   #7
Delco

Carrier: Vodafone

I've had my Blackberry 9700 for two years now and wouldn't change it for anything but for the last couple of months a message appeared from time to time after rebooting the device, stating some Memory Card problems and offering to solve them.

Until now, after accepting, it said it solved the problems and I could access my Memory Card files without a problem. Now a couple of days ago, after appearing the same Memory Card problem, it said that Media Card could not be accessed due to fatal errors. I had never subtracted the Memory Card from the device until now so I don't see how it could have been damaged but now I can not access it either from my phone or from the computer.

Any advice?

Thanks
Old 11-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #8
devnull
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: I747
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco View Post
Now a couple of days ago, after appearing the same Memory Card problem, it said that Media Card could not be accessed due to fatal errors. I had never subtracted the Memory Card from the device until now so I don't see how it could have been damaged but now I can not access it either from my phone or from the computer.

Media cards fail. Regular backups are key to not losing data. Surely you backed up your media card contents at the first appearance of an error.