Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 12:13 AM   #1
joeygator
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Default Tether Curve 8330 with Mac - Snow Leopard

Please Login to Remove!

I was using my 8330 with my Mac flawlessly until I upgraded to Snow Leopard. Now it times out and can't connect. Did Snow Leopard break something here?

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

I would try deleting the bluetooth pairing for your Mac and BlackBerry on both devices, then re-pairing them after. Make sure to check the "trusted device" option either at the time of the pairing or later in bluetooth settings.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
joeygator

Thanks! I will try it. I also wonder if Sprint caught on to the tethering and blocked it unless you subscribe. Unfortunately I can't subscribe to it since I am on simply everything plan and don't use ebough to justify an air card or mifi.

Thanks again!
Old 09-30-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
joeygator

No luck! Doesn't get a network connection. Any other ideas?
Old 11-14-2009, 10:18 PM   #5
trainby4

Model: 7130e
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeygator View Post
No luck! Doesn't get a network connection. Any other ideas?
try going into the system pref>network>bluetoothDUN>advanced
then set the vendor to research in motion, and the model to blackberry IP modem (not sure if your carrier is GSM or CDMA) and play around with the CID number. i'm not sure if you've already tried that or not. but it should work. if you've already tried this let me know. i've been able to successfully use bluetooth tethering without any extra applications on mac OS's 10.4,10.5, and 10.6. although i have the extra tether plan. if you don't then i figure they caught ya.
hope that in some way i helped here.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #6
BIGHOMIE99

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Nextel/Sprint

Do anyone have a clue or help :( i have been using my blackberry 8350i to sync with my PC for he past years but recently my it crashed. So i have tried to use my blackberry today on my mac book prowith BDM and it loked ok at first, then i got this error reload software 507 on my phone and can not clear it any help. also i have all my main contacts and msgs i need any help on retrieving this or rest to get my info back? i knew it was to good to be true that blackberry wld go good with my Mac Book pro.

Last edited by BIGHOMIE99; 11-15-2009 at 10:43 PM..
Old 12-23-2009, 07:45 AM   #7
seaverlink

I can confirm being able to successfully tether an 8330 (system 4.5.0 using Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac) to a MacBook Pro running 10.6.2 via both USB and Bluetooth DUN but speeds are slower than when I was running 10.5. Bluetooth is about 250-300k download and 125k upload. USB is about 70k download and 125k upload. The USB connection often dips to unusable speeds (10k download).

USB network settings are Device: RIM Composite Device, Vendor:Research in Motion, Model: Blackberry IP Modem (CDMA), APN: internet.com, CID: 1.

Bluetooth network settings are Device: Bluetooth DUN, configuration: Default, Telephone Number: #777, Account Name and Password are filled with my account info, Vendor:Research in Motion, Model: Blackberry IP Modem (CDMA), APN: internet.com, CID: 1.

Changing to Model: Blackberry IP Modem (GSM) seems to be slower yet.

Verizon is still claiming they can't support Macs yet which is completely inexcusable after all these months/years of Mac users successfully tethering.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #8
jebrank

Carrier: sprint

I have tried both ways, I have a tour and can not connect. My wife has a 8330 and will try it when she gets home from work? Any Ideas on what to try? I was able to use my 8330 before I upgraded to snowleo. When I goto connect it just says please check settings.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:16 PM   #9
ReBurn

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaverlink View Post
I can confirm being able to successfully tether an 8330 (system 4.5.0 using Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac) to a MacBook Pro running 10.6.2 via both USB and Bluetooth DUN but speeds are slower than when I was running 10.5. Bluetooth is about 250-300k download and 125k upload. USB is about 70k download and 125k upload. The USB connection often dips to unusable speeds (10k download).

USB network settings are Device: RIM Composite Device, Vendor:Research in Motion, Model: Blackberry IP Modem (CDMA), APN: internet.com, CID: 1.

Bluetooth network settings are Device: Bluetooth DUN, configuration: Default, Telephone Number: #777, Account Name and Password are filled with my account info, Vendor:Research in Motion, Model: Blackberry IP Modem (CDMA), APN: internet.com, CID: 1.

Changing to Model: Blackberry IP Modem (GSM) seems to be slower yet.

Verizon is still claiming they can't support Macs yet which is completely inexcusable after all these months/years of Mac users successfully tethering.
Amazing! As a new MacBook Pro owner I was having quite a few problems with this. But after reading this post I had it up and running over BlueTooth in less than 5 minutes. Thanks for this info!
Closed Thread