Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Where do they hide the apps when you do an O/S upgrade

Please Login to Remove!

Example of issue:

I have an app called VR+ which is currently at version 2.52

Every time I do an O/S update (betas or releases) it ALWAYS restores version 2.49.

I have deleted all my backups and have searched the hard drive for this older version of the app. I have also searched for all .CODs and it's not there and looked through all the RIM and RESEARCH IN MOTION folders. It's gotta be hiding somewhere

Where does DM store the apps? It drives me nuts having to redownload the current version after every new O/S. The 2.49 version has been gone for many months but it keeps on coming back when the system restores itself after an upgrade.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

The backup/restore in DM does not touch 3rd party applications. I am not sure why it's reverting you back to an old version.

This may help. How do I backup my Third Party Applications on my BB? - BlackBerryFAQ

Maybe try following those steps before you upgrade next.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
MisterEd
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'm referring to an full O/S UPDATE not just a normal backup and restore. I've done that "trick" as well but it hardly backs up any apps. On the original versions of the Bold O/S all my apps were found there as per the instructions. Now there aren't any in that "temp" folder ... well, maybe 1 or 2 out of 8 or 9. It used to work but no more. Maybe that's due to the version of D/M I run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
The backup/restore in DM does not touch 3rd party applications. I am not sure why it's reverting you back to an old version.

This may help. How do I backup my Third Party Applications on my BB? - BlackBerryFAQ

Maybe try following those steps before you upgrade next.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
DacyJ
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9000
PIN: g Bomb!
Carrier: The Newest AT&T

Wirelessly posted (supercalifragilisticexpialidoc)

What version are you running? I've done numerous OS installs and even downgraded OS's and the only problem I've had is not having a good backup.

Last edited by DacyJ; 03-08-2009 at 10:05 PM..
Old 03-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

It is because the version on your BB is newer than an older version on your PC, but it is finding the older version on your PC and using it. Do a search on your PC of all *.alx files, and see if you find one. Do the search on hidden files too.

This is similar to what happens with DocumentsToGo, if you don't delete the Documentstogo.alx file on your PC.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:03 AM   #6
MisterEd
Thumbs Must Hurt

That was the first thing I thought of. It's not there. There are older versions of 2 other apps but they never get incorrectly upgraded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
It is because the version on your BB is newer than an older version on your PC, but it is finding the older version on your PC and using it. Do a search on your PC of all *.alx files, and see if you find one. Do the search on hidden files too.

This is similar to what happens with DocumentsToGo, if you don't delete the Documentstogo.alx file on your PC.
Closed Thread