Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:42 PM   #61
cmonsanto

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Not enough space...

Please Login to Remove!

I just purchased the product online. Trying to install the App OTA (did it successfully before but uninstalled the app when I had other issues). I am getting a message stating "Insufficient space for application". Where do I go and give the more space/delete other stuff?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #62
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: O2

cmonsanto, this message occurs when there is no enogh space on your device, so the application cannot be downloaded. You can start the Desktop Manager and delete some apps or either on the BlackBerry go to Settings -> Advanced Options -> Applications, select the apps you want to delete and you will have some free space. You can also check maybe you have a lot of saved pictures, music, etc.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:55 AM   #63
Bip48

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Free Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxdev View Post
Recorder is free as I know...
How can I get Free Recorder. Does the recorded MP3 file can be sved on PC? The VR by Shape Services Web Site offers FREE for only 7 days?
Old 09-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #64
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Bip48, SHAPE Services offers VR+ full functionality free for 7 days as a trial. Our application allows you to send your recordings via email to your PC or upload them to the online storage and then downloading to the PC in mp3 format.
If you want to use VR+ for a lifetime, you are required to purchase a license. This can be done at our site.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #65
ohiorenee

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fftonyb View Post
Can someone help? I have an 8300 with about 11Mb free. When I try to record I get a message saying I have less than 5mb free and need to free up space in the folder. I created a special folder for this application and it is empty.

Any ideas?
I got the same thing and it didn't matter how much I deleted--or so it seemed. I couldn't get the VR+ to work until I added a micro sd card.

And then it worked fine for me. But I guess it must have been one of the first things I installed when I got my Blackberry Curve a couple months ago. Yesterday I got a notice that the trial period had ended, and I uninstalled it. Then I discovered that when I went into "record voice note", the only option was "send as mms". No save, no send as e-mail.

It seems like there has to be *some* way to save quick recordings on my Blackberry, but I haven't found it yet. My husband is pretty convinced that Blackberry is teh suck, and I'd really like to prove him wrong. :p But more and more, I'm finding that he can do stuff on his T-Mobile Dash that I can't do on my BB Curve. :(
Old 09-10-2008, 07:05 AM   #66
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Hello ohiorenee, I would like to make your using of VR+ more pleasant and enjoyable. I will contact you via PM to offer some help with our application.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:12 AM   #67
BBmaybe

Model: 8100
Carrier: VodafoneNZ
Default Call Recording

[QUOTE=SHAPE;737721]We would like to add this feature, but for now it is not possible because of technical reasons.
As soon as it becomes possible, we will add it.

Victoria
SHAPE Support Team

I'm a Palm user looking to upgrade to BB Bold. I've come to rely on CallRec for Palm OS and the WindowsMobile devices have Vito AudioNotes which provides this functionality. Has your product overcome the technical reasons yet? Is it capable of making voice recordings on the BB Bold? I'd like to make the BB choice, but not without this functionality!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:36 AM   #68
SHAPE
CrackBerry Addict

Hello BBmaybe,

VR+ can record your voice as a Dictaphone. You can learn more about the variaty of VR+ functions at https://vr.shapeservices.com/about.php
We still do not support call recording as it interferes with legal questions. When this becomes available we will add it.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #69
graystrickland
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: ATT (formerly Cingular)

Re: Version 2.5.2

1. The inability to record via Bluetooth is a real drawback. The free Blackberry Voice Notes app that came with my Bold will do that. I don't want to have to hold my Bold near my face to get a decent recording.

2. The inability to play via Bluetooth is also a drawback.

3. By default, VR+ should save to the card instead of built-in memory.

4. Inability to record a phone call is NOT a legal issue. This concern is resolved by simply turning off that feature by default and requiring an acknowledgment (similar to the license acknowledgment users are forced to agree to upon installation) that recording phone calls MIGHT be illegal in the user's jurisdiction and that the user assumes that risk. Other devices might not have the horsepower to record a call, but my Bold certianly does. Leaving out this feature is a weaka~~ copout.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #70
MisterEd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

Palm OS software (forgot the name) on my old Treo 650 recorded phone calls. I miss that feature. I own VR+ and their tech support said it is not possible on the BB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graystrickland View Post
Re: Version 2.5.2

1. The inability to record via Bluetooth is a real drawback. The free Blackberry Voice Notes app that came with my Bold will do that. I don't want to have to hold my Bold near my face to get a decent recording.

2. The inability to play via Bluetooth is also a drawback.

3. By default, VR+ should save to the card instead of built-in memory.

4. Inability to record a phone call is NOT a legal issue. This concern is resolved by simply turning off that feature by default and requiring an acknowledgment (similar to the license acknowledgment users are forced to agree to upon installation) that recording phone calls MIGHT be illegal in the user's jurisdiction and that the user assumes that risk. Other devices might not have the horsepower to record a call, but my Bold certianly does. Leaving out this feature is a weaka~~ copout.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:11 AM   #71
xxxdev
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
Palm OS software (forgot the name) on my old Treo 650 recorded phone calls. I miss that feature. I own VR+ and their tech support said it is not possible on the BB.
Yes, now it's not possible, but we're working on it.

SHAPE Services
Old 06-07-2009, 04:25 AM   #72
BBProspect

Model: 8600
Carrier: Verizon
Default VR+ - recording in the background

I understand VR+ can record in the background. Does it continue to record when the screen turns off, the way CallRec on Treo does?
Old 11-04-2009, 02:32 AM   #73
vaness28
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrking View Post
You can save to the SD card, no problem. With a 2GB card an hours worth of audio would would fit easily.

I have an 8310 as well. VR+ picks up sound so good that placing it on a table in a meeting picks up all the voices. It's great.

Mine is not saving to the SD...how did you get it to do this?
Closed Thread