Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 11:31 AM   #1
mvalpreda
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMobile
Default Auto BCC on email sent from the device

Please Login to Remove!

I know this is an old topic, I am trying to figure out how to BCC another person on an email sent from the BlackBerry through the BES. We have 4 people who when they send emails need them to be sent to their respective assistants. Near as I can tell, I can BCC ALL the emails from the server to a user, but not individual users sent items to another specific person.

Or has someone done this with Outlook? I tried a few things, but it looks like it's a Client Only rule, so it won't work when Outlook is closed.

If worse comes to worse, I can scrap the licenses we bought and go back to BIS, it seems to work better with Exchange and allows me to set up an auto BCC.

I am sure someone has some insight on how to do this better. Thanks!
Old 07-15-2008, 11:20 PM   #2
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

You've hit all the points. The only option here would be to use a client side Outlook rule ... maybe there is a BB HH app to do this ... but I don't know of one.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:21 PM   #3
hdawg
BlackBerry Genius

Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg

... actually, you might be able to create transport rule within Exchange to do this, but you'd have to have a unique identifier for Exchange to know you've sent a message from the BB.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
mvalpreda
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMobile

Client side Outlook rule does not work since you have to have the Outlook client running. Doesn't work so well for people out in the field.

I can't believe I am going to ditch BES because it doesn't have this feature when BIS does. Lame.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

why not just share their sent folder, everything is going to be seen anyways.
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Closed Thread