Old 09-15-2006, 07:49 PM   #41
shackk
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss
No. RIM's BIS 2.x does not support remote folder management. You will have to Delete on Handheld, then login to Gmail and select those to archive.
I take it with this being said, there is not a way to delete from the handheld without the email (already archived) going back to the trash?

Kind of a pita to have to rearchive the email.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:12 AM   #42
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

i'm not sure....it'd be worth testing

if the email has been moved from the inbox after it was received on the handheld then there would be nothing to delete...so it would still be archived

me thinks some testing should be done to confirm or deny this
Old 09-21-2006, 10:27 AM   #43
shackk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERDucky
i'm not sure....it'd be worth testing

if the email has been moved from the inbox after it was received on the handheld then there would be nothing to delete...so it would still be archived

me thinks some testing should be done to confirm or deny this
True it would still be archived but once deleted on the handheld it would still delete from Gmail, so I think it would still present the same issue. I have not tested yet, but will over the weekend and post the results.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:33 PM   #44
noeleaser

Model: 8700g

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermix
My Gmail account stopped working a couple of days ago, so I went into BIS and set it up again. Unlike the last time, this time BIS did not prompt me for a POP server (just like Yahoo).

Now mail to my gmail account is delivered within a few seconds. When I delete a mail on my BB, it is deleted in gmail.

Seems like gmail has done a "stealth" upgrade. Has anyone else noticed this?
Has anyone noticed if this works with T-Mobile's service?

Please let me know...
Old 09-21-2006, 06:01 PM   #45
Berry One
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220
Carrier: WiFi hotspot

Yes, it does. Try it yourself: nothing to lose, fast email delivery to gain.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:36 AM   #46
tdiddy

Model: 7230
Default Gmail/Verizon BIS

Hello -

I just set up my gmail on the Verizon 8703e BIS website. I am a little confused by some of the posts. Is it possible to delete gmail on my bb and have it automatically delete it from my gmail account? I couldn't do this with my T-Mobile service and didnt think I was able to do it with Verizon.

If this is possible, please let me know how to do it.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2006, 12:56 PM   #47
whsbuss

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdiddy
Hello -

I just set up my gmail on the Verizon 8703e BIS website. I am a little confused by some of the posts. Is it possible to delete gmail on my bb and have it automatically delete it from my gmail account? I couldn't do this with my T-Mobile service and didnt think I was able to do it with Verizon.

Thanks
The answer is yes. If, when you delete on the BB, you choose Mailbox and Handheld.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:09 PM   #48
tdiddy

Model: 7230

I have tried it and it doesnt seem to work. I dont have a hosted domain on gmail , I just have a ordinary gmail account. I have pop enabled on my account and added it to my BIS Verizon page. I also set up a filter on the BIS page to prevent my bb from getting every gmail I send from my desktop. Do I have to press something to reconcile?

How do you have it setup? Thanks.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:02 PM   #49
whsbuss

Model: 9800

Quote:
I have tried it and it doesnt seem to work. I dont have a hosted domain on gmail , I just have a ordinary gmail account. I have pop enabled on my account and added it to my BIS Verizon page. I also set up a filter on the BIS page to prevent my bb from getting every gmail I send from my desktop. Do I have to press something to reconcile?

How do you have it setup? Thanks.
In the messages screen, click trackwheel->Options->Email Reconcilation and be sure Wireless Reconcile is set to Yes.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:45 AM   #50
rmarquez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Hello -

Thanks

I'm having the same problem and I'm also a bit confused by the postings here. I am on Sprint and have set up my regular gmail account on my BB following the directions here. I logged into the Gmail web site and have set up all the settings. (The thing where I'm confused is the setting where it asks you what to do after getting the message via POP: I chose the setting where it leaves it on the Inbox)

NOw if I deelte an email on my BB or mark it read, would it reconcile so when I'm on the desktop it marks the email as such? Would I have to m ake any changes to the settings on the Gmail website?

Thanks for any pointers. This is one of the more confusing concepts on the BlackBerry because of all the upgrades to the BWC/BIS. When I am beginning to "get it" they upgrade and make more changes :-D
Old 09-28-2006, 09:03 AM   #51
shackk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarquez
I'm having the same problem and I'm also a bit confused by the postings here. I am on Sprint and have set up my regular gmail account on my BB following the directions here. I logged into the Gmail web site and have set up all the settings. (The thing where I'm confused is the setting where it asks you what to do after getting the message via POP: I chose the setting where it leaves it on the Inbox)

NOw if I deelte an email on my BB or mark it read, would it reconcile so when I'm on the desktop it marks the email as such? Would I have to m ake any changes to the settings on the Gmail website?

Thanks for any pointers. This is one of the more confusing concepts on the BlackBerry because of all the upgrades to the BWC/BIS. When I am beginning to "get it" they upgrade and make more changes :-D
First, yes you can choose whichever setting that you want (archive or inbox) as that does not affect the delivery of the email to your device.

Now the reconile part, from what I have found there is no simple way to do this and it so far is quite aggrevating. If you delete an email from your handheld it goes into the trash, no matter if you already archived it from the desktop or placed into a different "personal" folder. Now when you go to your trash from the desktop and move the email back to your inbox and then try archiving it again it still will go to the trash if you delete it again from your handheld. A real pain in the a$$ especially for those emails that you do want to keep.

As for the read part, at least with Tmobile, read or unread from the handheld it still always shows as unread on the desktop.

I have made numerous changes on my handheld and in Gmail and nothing seems to change the above, unfortunately this may make me go back to using Yahoo email as the reconciliation part worked much better. The only problem with Yahoo is the delayed email that has been happening more times than not lately.

If anyone has any ideas I am wide open to listening.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:47 AM   #52
rmarquez
Thumbs Must Hurt

Weirdness today! I had 3 emails this morning on my BlackBerry from Netflix. I wiped them out on the BlackBerry and lo and behold... when I logged in with my mail client on the desktop, they weren't there. A quick check on the Gmail web client revealed they have been moved to the Trash folder.

So I take it that reconciliation is now working...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackk
Now the reconile part, from what I have found there is no simple way to do this and it so far is quite aggrevating. If you delete an email from your handheld it goes into the trash, no matter if you already archived it from the desktop or placed into a different "personal" folder. Now when you go to your trash from the desktop and move the email back to your inbox and then try archiving it again it still will go to the trash if you delete it again from your handheld. A real pain in the a$$ especially for those emails that you do want to keep.

As for the read part, at least with Tmobile, read or unread from the handheld it still always shows as unread on the desktop.

I have made numerous changes on my handheld and in Gmail and nothing seems to change the above, unfortunately this may make me go back to using Yahoo email as the reconciliation part worked much better. The only problem with Yahoo is the delayed email that has been happening more times than not lately.

If anyone has any ideas I am wide open to listening.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:10 AM   #53
shackk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarquez
Weirdness today! I had 3 emails this morning on my BlackBerry from Netflix. I wiped them out on the BlackBerry and lo and behold... when I logged in with my mail client on the desktop, they weren't there. A quick check on the Gmail web client revealed they have been moved to the Trash folder.

So I take it that reconciliation is now working...?
That part of the reconciliation has been working now for a while, it is some of the other things which have not "worked" properly.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:38 AM   #54
rmarquez
Thumbs Must Hurt

I don't know what to say, as *that* part of the reconciliation had not been working for me (see previous post on this thread). Even when I deleted my emails on my BlackBerry (7130e on Sprint), they still showed up on my desktop client as unread. I delete them on my BB theyre gone on the desktop client.

Now they don't show at all even when the setting on GMail preferences is to leave a copy on the inbox after pop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackk
That part of the reconciliation has been working now for a while, it is some of the other things which have not "worked" properly.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:06 AM   #55
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

PIN: Agaboobie

Now that I finally bit the bullet and moved to BIS 2.0 I can report similar findings. Read marks are not reconciling, but deletes are and are doing so quicly, and copies of mail from the BB are showing up in the sent folder very quickly.
Closed Thread