BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #1
userzero

Model: 7250
Default BIS 2.0 "upgrade" Filter Help Please

Please Login to Remove!

Please, someone, anyone - teach me how to make the word "penis" go away from my [email address] email's messages.

The <Body> filter is gone and I'm at a loss!!! 163 spam messages to 1 valid message and I'm pulling out my hair.

Is there another email client for this thing?

Matthew
PIN: 300A0F5A
Old 05-03-2006, 07:18 PM   #2
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by userzero
Please, someone, anyone - teach me how to make the word "penis" go away from my [email address] email's messages.

The <Body> filter is gone and I'm at a loss!!! 163 spam messages to 1 valid message and I'm pulling out my hair.

Is there another email client for this thing?

Matthew
PIN: 300A0F5A
What BIS are you on?
Old 05-03-2006, 08:12 PM   #3
userzero

Default BIS 2.0 "upgrade" Filter Help Please

As is says in the Title.... BIS 2.0

I would pay to go back to 1.8! This is in no way an upgrade.

Again ... is there any other mail client/filtering solution for [email address]??!? Desperate!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:36 PM   #4
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

It is an upgrade. You just have to learn to where the settings are. And never, ever, ever give out your blackberry.net address for any reason.

Within BIS 2.0, you can delete and create a new blackberry.net address. Haven't done it, but I've read it's pretty straight forward. I think BilltheCat is the user who did it.

That's going to be your best bet. Rather than using filters.

Quote:

Again ... is there any other mail client/filtering solution for [email address]??!? Desperate!
Old 05-03-2006, 09:11 PM   #5
whsbuss
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:

Sorry, missed that. Have you tried setting the filter for that email account on the BIS? Each email address configured has individual filters.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:17 PM   #6
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

you can set your main filter to "do not forward" then set up a filter to only forward email that is sent direct to your BIS account
Old 05-04-2006, 12:51 AM   #7
userzero

Well I don't want to delete my email address as its on my letterhead.

Again; can anyone tell me how to filter out the word "penis" from my incomming mail, regardless of the sender or subject.

FYI: I have one address; my [email address] address, I am not intergrating anything.

Beyond desperate!

PS: Once done - I have a whole list of other words I'd like to add, pfffft.

Last edited by userzero; 05-04-2006 at 12:55 AM..
Old 05-04-2006, 01:01 AM   #8
userzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdpmumin
It is an upgrade. You just have to learn to where the settings are. And never, ever, ever give out your blackberry.net address for any reason.

Within BIS 2.0, you can delete and create a new blackberry.net address. Haven't done it, but I've read it's pretty straight forward. I think BilltheCat is the user who did it.

That's going to be your best bet. Rather than using filters.
None of this are helpfull, but I appreaciate the thought.

I have but the one address and its on my letterhead. I only want the one address, knowing that its backed up, power protected and well... RIM.

So; I'm desperatly trying to find a way to get choice words, like "penis" out of my mail, regarding of the sender, subject or date sent.

PS: I've never typed the word "penis" so many times in one day.

I must say again - at this time this is in no way an upgrade.

And if there are settings there that will make "penis" go away, kindly share where it is.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:01 AM   #9
Claybuster

Model: 7100i
Carrier: NEXTEL

Try this

Last edited by Claybuster; 05-04-2006 at 01:03 AM..
Old 05-04-2006, 01:02 AM   #10
Claybuster

Model: 7100i
Carrier: NEXTEL

Damn no pictures or URL until I hit 10 well here's 9
Old 05-04-2006, 02:05 AM   #11
userzero

Dood, you are awsome, but it doesn't address the issue. The subject of the message never says "Rolex" and the sender is never the same, (or even a real name).

I want to block all messages with key hot words and/or phrases. "Hot Deals", and "RADAR" come to mind that are PG Rated.

Come'on folk... there must be a way.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:10 AM   #12
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

Wirelessly posted (VZW 7130e: BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

No, unfortunately there isn't a way to do the powerful filtering you're looking for. You really should seriously consider changing your stationery to reflect an address other than your blackberry.net address. That's truly the only way you're going to be happy. And never again give out your blackberry.net address.

By the way, any reason you're running this question in two different threads?
Old 05-04-2006, 02:39 AM   #13
userzero

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (VZW 7130e: BlackBerry7130e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

No, unfortunately there isn't a way to do the powerful filtering you're looking for. You really should seriously consider changing your stationery to reflect an address other than your blackberry.net address. That's truly the only way you're going to be happy. And never again give out your blackberry.net address.

Huge problem ... the more eyes on it the higher the chances are I'll find a cure.

I will be honest. This is the first time in 5 years I've lost faith in my device. The last couple of days have been hell. This is the first time I've posted to the net about anything or any product.

I am at a loss and I don't seem to have an answer.

For the first time in 5'ish years - I've turned off e-mail notification.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:40 AM   #14
userzero

Quote:

Huge problem ... the more eyes on it the higher the chances are I'll find a cure.

I will be honest. This is the first time in 5 years I've lost faith in my device. The last couple of days have been hell. This is the first time I've posted to the net about anything or any product.

PS: This "powerfull" filtering has been available since 1.0, years and years ago. PLEASE, anyone, help me find it now.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:41 AM   #15
userzero

Quote:

PS: This "powerful" filtering has been available since 1.0, years and years ago. PLEASE, anyone, help me find it now.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:45 AM   #16
userzero

wtf... sorry about the multi-posts...

Rolex anyone... its getting too late and I can't figure out how to make the spam stop.

Not enough filter rules to create a "white list" of my address book - I want to cry.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:38 AM   #17
BERDucky
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 7290

you can add multiple addresses to the same filter if you want to filter it via the sent from address - just seperate them by a colon
Old 05-04-2006, 06:18 AM   #18
geekman686
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e

I had all sorts of filters with BIS 1.x, and that worked OKAY. But with BIS 2.0, none of my attempts to block out spam worked at all..

Do yourself a favor and get rid of the ****@***.blackberry.net account and get youself a web email account (yahoo mail or gmail). Both provide free spam filtering and yahoo mail now supports instant email push service to the blackberry, provided your cell carrier supports it.
Closed Thread