BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 01-27-2005, 12:27 PM   #21
singberry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: singtel
Default no surfing or emailviewer 3.5 from reqwireless

Please Login to Remove!

well whoever that posted the upgrade to OS4.0 (mark?) have been awfully quiet despite so many postings tat says it didnt work. well i hv gone thru the hard way and found tat most of the s.w like verichat, blackchat, emailviewer 3.5 and even webviewer 4.0 all wont work with OS4.0 at least not on my 7730 here. when i down grade to 3.7, not only i hv more memory space left 5mb verus 2mb on OS4.0, it definitely runs faster and all the WAP APN settings required by Emailviewer and Webviewer all works FINE! so guys go downgrade to OS3.7 (just go to control panel and uninstall OS4.0 then then restart Desktop Manager and it will prompt u if u wanna downgrade.. Happy surfing..
Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:53 PM   #22
y2kelvin

Default APN info of "3" - Hong Kong

Does anyone know the APN info of "3" (previous named Orange) in Hong Kong?
Old 01-27-2005, 11:12 PM   #23
y2kelvin

Default Re: APN info of "3" - Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kelvin
Does anyone know the APN info of "3" (previous named Orange) in Hong Kong?
By trial-and-error, I believe the setting is "internet". However, it is not always success. You get once for every four or five.

Kelvin
Old 01-28-2005, 03:11 PM   #24
PhilJJ

Default Re: no surfing or emailviewer 3.5 from reqwireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by singberry
well whoever that posted the upgrade to OS4.0 (mark?) have been awfully quiet despite so many postings tat says it didnt work. well i hv gone thru the hard way and found tat most of the s.w like verichat, blackchat, emailviewer 3.5 and even webviewer 4.0 all wont work with OS4.0 at least not on my 7730 here. when i down grade to 3.7, not only i hv more memory space left 5mb verus 2mb on OS4.0, it definitely runs faster and all the WAP APN settings required by Emailviewer and Webviewer all works FINE! so guys go downgrade to OS3.7 (just go to control panel and uninstall OS4.0 then then restart Desktop Manager and it will prompt u if u wanna downgrade.. Happy surfing..
How did you downgrade it? I am trying to do it samehting... ummm
Old 01-28-2005, 11:14 PM   #25
singberry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: singtel
Default downgrading from OS4.0

Steps to downgrade:

1) go to control panel and remove the OS4.0
2) install yr OS3.7 (presumably u have already downloaded
3) start Desktop Manager (must stop it b4 u do step 2)
4) click on Application loader (it shld prompt you that u are downgrading)

that shld work for you and if u get any messages like No more applications to run etc... do the following:

1) go to c:\programfiles\common files\Research in motion\AppLoader
2) remove or rename vendor.xml file

redo step 4) above.

good luck
Old 01-29-2005, 05:03 AM   #26
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Version 3.7 will not make most Internet software work unless you are already on BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

There are a lot of people that have succeeded on BlackBerryOS. Some people have problems. Not everybody does. If you are not having problems with 4.0, do not bother downgrading, especially if you are on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (wireless Outlook synchronization, Addressbook, Calendar, Contacts, etc, is a big feature of 4.0 if you are using BES/MDS)

I have made updates to this document:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=20472
This is required for North American carriers.

I don't have detailed information for Hong Kong carriers or other countries (Remember, I'm just an unpaid volunteer, this is a hobby.)

And singberry/PhilJJ, there are already instructions about downgrading BlackBerryOS -- It's posted as a sticky in the General forum. Didn't you notice? ;)
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 02-02-2005, 05:35 PM   #27
perficae

Default Question from Spain 7100v owner

I've been reading this thread and it sounds interesting, but I have a question concerning the subject matter.

My 7100v (Vodafone Spain) comes with two possiblities for accessing the interet, one is a free limitless approach for a flat fee that I pay and the other option is via WAP, in which case vodafone charges you anywhere from 0.50 to 5.00 euros per MB, depending on your rate plan.

I use the free access that comes with my rate plan. I have not tried the WAP version as I am not sure exactly what more I might get for the extra fees.

Anyway, my question is if the changes detailed in this thread are so that I can use instant messaging on the "free" internet access or is this for the WAP access? I hope this makes sense.

And if it's for the free version, does anyone know if I can install Skype on my BB 7100v?
Old 02-03-2005, 06:20 AM   #28
bishman

Skype now there an idea!
Old 02-12-2005, 12:25 AM   #29
Mark Rejhon
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: Bold
Carrier: Rogers

Good news!

T-Mobile Is Now Working Again: Ports Are NOW OPEN!
www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0301.html - specification
www.realjabber.org - open source
Old 02-13-2005, 06:56 PM   #30
bernieg

I tryed but nextel is down and no tech support. their closed on sunday!! pay so much should be open???? sales rep told me earlier today.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:22 AM   #31
mmcpher
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
PIN: 22CD4D6E
Carrier: ATT/Verizon
Default AT&T or Cingular?

I am trying to get my 7100g, which is still running on an AT&T plan, configured for the Internet. I used to have a 7280, and did very little browsing, so I never bothered with the settings. I get to a few text-based sites through AT&T's mMode, and that's o.k. so far as it goes. But as I've tried to set up my new BB, it seems that its got greater capabilities than just displaying text from websites. I've tried using the AT&T settings for TCP and then the Cingular settings for TCP, but still its like being on compuserve, circa 1991 (text only). I have to confess that I am a BB dolt. I have the e-mail and phone functions down (my primary uses), but I still can't seem to access images or get decent functionality on the web. Could it be a built-in limitation from AT&T? How can I tell when it is configured properly?
Old 02-18-2005, 01:04 PM   #32
Mobiplayer

Default Re: Question from Spain 7100v owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by perficae
I've been reading this thread and it sounds interesting, but I have a question concerning the subject matter.

My 7100v (Vodafone Spain) comes with two possiblities for accessing the interet, one is a free limitless approach for a flat fee that I pay and the other option is via WAP, in which case vodafone charges you anywhere from 0.50 to 5.00 euros per MB, depending on your rate plan.

I use the free access that comes with my rate plan. I have not tried the WAP version as I am not sure exactly what more I might get for the extra fees.

Anyway, my question is if the changes detailed in this thread are so that I can use instant messaging on the "free" internet access or is this for the WAP access? I hope this makes sense.

And if it's for the free version, does anyone know if I can install Skype on my BB 7100v?
Did the info listed here for Vodafone Spain worked for you? I can't get Verichat/midpssh/whatever to work on my 7100v (Vodafone Spain) :(

(Enviame un correo a [email address] para charlar sobre el tema, gracias!)
Old 02-21-2005, 03:23 AM   #33
wplynchjr

Default Tmobile WAP browser not working if VeriChat Open

Here's something bizzare. Has anyone else experienced this?

If VeriChat is open and in the background, the WAP browser will fail to open and gives this message: "There was a problem rendering the page."

In order to browse, I have to close down VeriChat and take the battery out and replace.

I have wap.voicestream.com as the APN with my username and password and have T-Mobile's OS 4.0 installed. Is this a known issue, and is there a workaround?

Thanks - Bill
Old 02-22-2005, 04:23 AM   #34
mookia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT & T
Default wow tmobile!!

I cant believe it is finally arrived with 4.0 S!! I love it and picutre attachments! fantastic!! You can even put picture on homescreen. cool? Love it. Thank to T-Mobile, thumb up!
Old 02-22-2005, 04:24 AM   #35
mookia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default website

Hi I wnat to know about website, can I access bank? Did T-mobile add java script? Have anyone you tried that? please let me know.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:26 AM   #36
mookia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default mailstreet outlook 2003

I lost my emails after restoring my computer and I thought mailstreet outlook save it for me but realize it is gone. AWWW I wonder if there is a way to get my old emails back? Help me!!
Old 02-22-2005, 04:28 AM   #37
mookia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default verichat

Hi i used verichiat for free trial and liked it so much. why do i have to pay for a year? sidesick has standard AIM included and no charge but blackberry? I hope that verichat consider to give free for all blackberries, dont you think so? It seems to me that if you want to add somethign on blackberry, they charge you each and too much for that. Sidesick add many things automatically for free. unfair GRR But even though I love my blackberry :P
Old 02-22-2005, 04:30 AM   #38
mookia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default forum

Im curious if there is blackberry forum for wireless, like you want to fedback on forum on your blackberry wireless instead of computer? I think it would be cool if you are out somewhere and you want to find problem solved right away or fedback when your head pop a question?! Please let me know if they have forum for wireless?
Old 02-22-2005, 04:32 AM   #39
mookia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Berry 411

I downloaded berry 411 on my blackberry but im not sure how to use it. is it good enough? better than through website? have you had this one? how do you use it, pls help thanks....
Old 02-22-2005, 04:33 AM   #40
mookia
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default tcp

I have question for Mark R. My blackberry has tcp, so can i use CRS (relay service) without SSH (telnet)? Can you explain how I can use tcp wihtout SSH? many thanks!