Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 07:43 AM   #1
sabre
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
Carrier: att
Default Getting my 7100t today and am excited but curious

Please Login to Remove!

I have no idea where to get started once this thing arrives. I have to say after finding this forum I feel pretty good about what it can do but its how I go about doing it that worries me.

Anyway...will I be able to pull all my contacts from outlook 2003 on my work pc from certain folders (i.e personal contacts, global contacts) I do not want to pull the entire 16,000 person workforce of email addresses, just the ones I have set in my personal address book and contacts folder. I then want to sync it back to my home pc so I have the contacts there. I have exchange server at work and outlook 2003 on my home machine as well that pulls personal email from a pop3 account.

I will have a lot more questions I am sure but one thing at a time. I will search as much as I can as well. Thanks
Old 06-03-2005, 09:52 AM   #2
DigitalEagle

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

I had the same issue. I had a million contacts in outlook which I did not want synchronized to my new 7100T. I chose to create a new Outlook file and only put the entries I wanted on my BB instead. I found that there was a lot of junk in the old outlook file that needed house cleaning anyway.

The Synchronization works very well with the BB.

Good luck.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:50 AM   #3
sabre

Well if you have multiple contact folders does the BB recognize that and allow you to select which ones you want?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:53 PM   #4
harleyxlc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: none

If I remember correctly, yes you can select which contact folder to sync.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:15 PM   #5
deezmfnutz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: STORM
Carrier: vzw

I jot got my new 7100t this tuesday and am VERY impressed. I was a bit worried after reading about the various problems on this forum but overall I am very happy. I am coming from a SE P900, and the RIM is a solid little smart phone. My only real complaint is that the CPU in the phone is a bit underpowered. Otherwise I give it a thumbs up. A few recommendations. The first thing you should do is install the themes package that you can find in this forum. The default t-mobile theme is terrible. I use the RIM small icons theme and it drastically improved my opinion of the phone. BBToday and BBWeather and Berry411 are the three other killer apps that you have to install, they are all very solid little programs that add significant functionality to the phone. Enjoy your new toy!
Old 06-04-2005, 11:01 AM   #6
DigitalEagle

Talking

I agree with the small icons theme but the calculator option does not work properly. Does anyone know if anyone is working on fixing this?

Also - I have never been able to get the wap function under T-mobile to work to get Weather reports or Stock quotes under BBToday and BBWeather.

Do you have a 7100T? Do you have yours working? How did you do your settings if it works? I put in wap.voicestream.com under the TCP settins with no userid or password. I disabled the proxy setting in the application but I continue to get errors saying it cannot resolve the url.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:23 PM   #7
deezmfnutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalEagle
I agree with the small icons theme but the calculator option does not work properly. Does anyone know if anyone is working on fixing this?

Also - I have never been able to get the wap function under T-mobile to work to get Weather reports or Stock quotes under BBToday and BBWeather.

Do you have a 7100T? Do you have yours working? How did you do your settings if it works? I put in wap.voicestream.com under the TCP settins with no userid or password. I disabled the proxy setting in the application but I continue to get errors saying it cannot resolve the url.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
It works fine with my phone which is a 7100T on T-Mobile.
APN: wap.voicestream.com
UID: SAME USER ID AS ON YOUR BIS/BLACKBERRY WEBCLIENT LOGIN
PSWD: SAME AS ON YOUR BIS/BLACKBERRY WEBCLIENT PASSWORD

you have to have your userid and password it order for it to work. If I do not put in my userid and password it does not work. Good luck.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:30 PM   #8
deezmfnutz

Default may have spoken to early

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezmfnutz
It works fine with my phone which is a 7100T on T-Mobile.
APN: wap.voicestream.com
UID: SAME USER ID AS ON YOUR BIS/BLACKBERRY WEBCLIENT LOGIN
PSWD: SAME AS ON YOUR BIS/BLACKBERRY WEBCLIENT PASSWORD

you have to have your userid and password it order for it to work. If I do not put in my userid and password it does not work. Good luck.
Well I have tried it without the password and it seems to work as well I am not sure what your problem is. Maybe you have to call Tmobile to have them activate the wap.voicestream.com on your account?

I also may have spoken to early about my 7100t today after less than one week of ownership I had my first reboot during a call. Out of the blue while I was talking on my 7100t via my bluetooth headset it just rebooted and I lost my call. If this becomes a pattern without a software fix in the next 20 days I am going to have to return my 7100t and get a 7290.

We will see.....
Old 06-04-2005, 05:46 PM   #9
DigitalEagle

Angry

I have call Tmobile at least 4 times regarding this wap stuff. They claim it is applied to my account - but I can't get BBtoday or BBweather to work no matter what I try.

I'm about to give up on it unless someone else has another thing to check. I have tried it with passwords and no passwords - still doesn't work.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:35 PM   #10
sabre

Unfortunately mine didnt come yet. Thanks for the tips tho. When it gets here I willbe sure to do what you are talking about.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:59 PM   #11
VincentVega

Model: 7100T

[QUOTE=sabre]

Anyway...will I be able to pull all my contacts from outlook 2003 on my work pc from certain folders (i.e personal contacts, global contacts) I do not want to pull the entire 16,000 person workforce of email addresses, just the ones I have set in my personal address book and contacts folder. I then want to sync it back to my home pc so I have the contacts there. I have exchange server at work and outlook 2003 on my home machine as well that pulls personal email from a pop3 account.

Sabre,
There is a way to get your 16,000 person workforce without putting everyone of them into your address book. When you get your blackberry and after you activate, go to your address book, click your trackwheel and choose lookup. Put in as much of the name as you know and click trackwheel. This should do a global address lookup within your company.
Closed Thread