Old 04-24-2010, 05:51 AM   #1
branka
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Mobitel
Default Missing Browser icon

Please Login to Remove!

I have a problem with my BB 8310. First, I upgraded my software to latest version, because I had problems with SMS/MMS showing number instead of name! OK, that was fixed with the upgrade but (!!!!) my browser icon seems to be missing! I looked everywhere for it, but no success. Yes, I pulled out a battery for 5 mins (twice) and I started the upgrade two times more and no sucess. Then I also registered my BB for BIS and my icon appears and then again disappears. So, what should I do? Do you think if I downloaded a browser icon (for example Mini Opera) to my PC and then install it to my BB, it would work??? HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2010, 07:17 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

It sounds like you didn't have the service book for the browser, but then it was re-sent when you registered. But try resending service books again. See How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ.

You also need to make sure you aren't somehow inadvertently hiding the browser icon. From the application screen, press the blackberry button, and from the menu select 'show all'.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:28 PM   #3
branka
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Mobitel

Thanks I tried resending the service book, but it disapeared again.... So I googled a bit and found out that I can upload a browser to my BB. I uploaded Opera mini and set all APN settings and now I can go on internet But (here comes but again) I noticed I can not send or receive MMS. Grrrr, one problem after another!!! Any solution??
Closed Thread