Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 12:15 PM   #1
chimbenjere

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: telecom networks malawi
Default BB9900 stuck on boot

Please Login to Remove!

Hi everyone. Am new to this whole BB thing and I met this rather difficult problem for a newbie like me. My BB 9900 won't finish booting. It gets stuck somewhere close to E or R of the words Blackberry. I've seen a few things on the net that were supposed to help me but nothing. I ended up downloading the BB OS and BBSAK onto my pc but now I don't really know my way from there. Any help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 04-18-2015, 02:07 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: BB9900 stuck on boot

More detail needed. New phone? used? did it work before? Did you try pulling the battery and letting it do a full startup? Error numbers or messages? The OS you downloaded , was it for your model? Did you try reloading it using Desktop manager or another program?
Old 04-18-2015, 09:55 PM   #3
hulkjoshua

Model: 9200
Carrier: VODACOM

Press and hold the alt key, the right aA key (shift/caps lock) and the del key at the same time.
The BlackBerry smartphone will shut down, and the keys can now be released.
When the BlackBerry smartphone has restarted the reset is complete.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:18 AM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkjoshua View Post
Press and hold the alt key, the right aA key (shift/caps lock) and the del key at the same time.
The BlackBerry smartphone will shut down, and the keys can now be released.
When the BlackBerry smartphone has restarted the reset is complete.
that will only repower the phone. the OP needs to simply pull the battery to do the same thing. The OP indicated a download of OS and other maintenance software so answering the basic questions will offer more info on what is causing this unless the phone is defective.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:34 PM   #5
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

@chimbenjere, if you are still dealing with this, it can take a while sometimes for the device to boot up when it does that. It took around 30 minutes for me one time, and I have read of instances where it was much longer. I would do a battery pull and leave it for as long as you can afford, 2 or 3 hours if necessary.

Worst case you will need to reload the OS. You could do what it sounds like you were planning, but I would do it another way. See http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB27956

Good luck.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:46 AM   #6
chimbenjere

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
More detail needed. New phone? used? did it work before? Did you try pulling the battery and letting it do a full startup? Error numbers or messages? The OS you downloaded , was it for your model? Did you try reloading it using Desktop manager or another program?
No its not a new phone. Its used. It worked before, tried pulling the battery out several times... No error messages... Yes I tried using loader.exe... Still gets stuck
Old 04-27-2015, 01:50 AM   #7
chimbenjere

@aiharkness,Thank you for your reply... But I did try leaving it for some time. Nothing happened. It restarted again only to get stuck in the same place. I tried all those things in your link but nothing. I have nuked the phone and tried re-installing the OS... Still gets stuck! Am running out of things to do now! I have read somewhere that it could be a hardware issue. Something to do with the power IC... Am thinking that's the only way out now... Please advise
Old 04-27-2015, 07:53 AM   #8
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I don't know what else to do. As far as the root problem, that's over my head. I don't know.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:53 PM   #9
tsac
BlackBerry God

Sadly it does look like a hardware issue. Dropped or got wet?

Have you tried JL_Cmder to see if you can reload the OS? read here

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-...-jl_cmder.html

Last edited by tsac; 04-27-2015 at 06:57 PM..
Old 04-30-2015, 01:20 AM   #10
chimbenjere

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
I don't know what else to do. As far as the root problem, that's over my head. I don't know.
Oh no... Now am thinking there is no hope at all.... Thank you for your help, anyway.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:29 AM   #11
chimbenjere

@tsac;
Neither of those. Was doing a security wipe and the screen went white. I removed the battery to restart. That was it! And yes I do have JL_Cmder v 1.9.4. I tried it but still nothing... Could it be any other thing other than the power IC??
Old 04-30-2015, 06:20 PM   #12
tsac
BlackBerry God

Although it seems to be a software issue, a wipe should clean it up a restore to factory.
I have a couple of used BB's and one was doing the same thing and I discovered it was the PC causing the problem. I as doing other things while it was reloading and apparently the PC must have dropped a bit of data and the BB does not have any way to request a resend or validate the software load except to simply fail on boot. You might try a reload with the BB on a pc doing northing else. Make sure the new OS is on the PC
Old 05-01-2015, 05:23 PM   #13
chimbenjere

Quote:
Although it seems to be a software issue, a wipe should clean it up a restore to factory.
I have a couple of used BB's and one was doing the same thing and I discovered it was the PC causing the problem. I as doing other things while it was reloading and apparently the PC must have dropped a bit of data and the BB does not have any way to request a resend or validate the software load except to simply fail on boot. You might try a reload with the BB on a pc doing northing else. Make sure the new OS is on the PC
That seems helpful. I think it could be the reason for the problem. However, I have tried loading the OS on my laptop, and on a friend's laptop. Ok, on mine maybe I might have had a few things running, but not on my friend's. Perhaps I should try it on yet another laptop. But just to be sure, what "other things" could one be possibly doing that would cause the said Data drops??
Old 05-01-2015, 09:22 PM   #14
tsac
BlackBerry God

If the process is running a virus scan or some application is trying to do something , it can cause issues. All you can do is make sure nothing is running including the virus scan. check the task manager to see what is running. check the process use.

If all fails and you cannot get a clean load and you had the BB plugged into power during this, it may be a hardware issue.
Remember to let it complete no matter how long it takes, I did a wipe on a Z10 this week and the wipe and reset took over 1 hour. Slow yes but it worked.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:46 PM   #15
lokomotifbag
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Passp
Carrier: Telkom

Is the issue solved??
Old 05-02-2015, 11:13 PM   #16
chimbenjere

Quote:
If the process is running a virus scan or some application is trying to do something , it can cause issues. All you can do is make sure nothing is running including the virus scan. check the task manager to see what is running. check the process use.

If all fails and you cannot get a clean load and you had the BB plugged into power during this, it may be a hardware issue.
Remember to let it complete no matter how long it takes, I did a wipe on a Z10 this week and the wipe and reset took over 1 hour. Slow yes but it worked.
Oh, ok. So I tried using a different pc last night and the process completed without any errors. A reboot had the device stop in the same spot as before!! Seriously, I was disappointed because I REALLY need to get this device working again! Am desperate now!

Last edited by chimbenjere; 05-02-2015 at 11:14 PM..
Old 05-02-2015, 11:16 PM   #17
chimbenjere

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokomotifbag View Post
Is the issue solved??
No not yet, it isn't. You have any different ideas?
Old 05-06-2015, 09:03 PM   #18
tsac
BlackBerry God

So the OS did load without issue but failed to boot. Are there any error numbers? are you sure the OS is the proper one for the model phone and it is the one offered by your carrier? A clean OS load should work.

This link is on the forum for a copy of the 9900 OS

General 9900 Series Discussion - Bold Touch - BlackBerry Forums Support Community

ZombieBerry also has instructions and an old OS version you can try.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:19 AM   #19
chimbenjere

@tsac, Yes it loaded without problems. The only time I get any error numbers (513) is when I erase the device's OS and reinsert the battery for a restart, that's when it tells me to go to the BB website for help in solving the issue. However I don't do that because my internet connection is HORRIBLE at the moment so I think I'll stick with doing it offline. Reinstalling the OS using the Loader.exe gets that issue covered. About the carrier, on that I am not sure because I haven't used this phone. It was used by my cousin and am yet to ask about the carrier. My best guess is Vodafone or MTN south Africa. But doesn't deleting the vendor.xml take care of the different carriers issue??

Last edited by chimbenjere; 05-07-2015 at 02:33 AM..
Old 05-08-2015, 07:53 PM   #20
tsac
BlackBerry God

What??? your loading OS then erasing the OS for a restart????. You will get a 513 error code. That the code for a corrupted OS.
Why are you doing the erase. do a wipe and if needed reload the OS then reboot it with a battery pull . Do not erase the loaded OS. Do not add any Apps.
Do it on a PC local connection not over the internet.
Closed Thread