Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
est1984

Model: -
PIN: N/A
Carrier: -
Default Recommendations

Please Login to Remove!

I am having alot of trouble trying to find myself the best phone for me lately, so I hope to find some answers to my questions on here as you guys would be the most knowledgeable of all. I am after a phone which does the following...

Has a Sat Nav which doesn't drain the battery.
E-mail client which recieves without having to start an app.
A way that I can retreve telephone numbers from a directory without having to contact 118 118.
BBM (Blackberry Messenger) is there a way of getting this without getting a Blackberry phone?
MSN Messenger? Yahoo Messenger?
A great internet browser like the iPhone.

I also want to get a phone with... (Will consider buying the phone and dropping a sim only contract chip in)

600 mins plus.
unlimited text.
unlimited internet (which isn't capped, I can't understand how firms can use the word unlimited when it isn't really.
Unlimited calls to landlines.
Unlimited calls network to network.
Freephone for free.
Phone Insurance.
Free Answerphone.

What I need to work out also is,

Do the minutes roll over if not used? Same goes for texting.
Is there limits I can setup so that I don't get stupid bills through the door? Or alternatively be able to recieve texts notfiying me of my useage before it hits limits?

So can you guys recommend me something? I'm swayed towards the iPhone for its browser and its copying and sending to email function. Also with a satnav on the phone it'd be so cool. However after a few days I am afraid of being bored of the phone and as there is only capped internet I can't see the point why I would want to get this phone now.

I am swayed towards a BB phone for the emails that I can recieve without having to go into the app and refresh my inbox (in other words recieving emails like texts). However thoughts about having no SatNav put me off.

With the amount of HTC phones out there I am swayed buy pushed back my the vareity, so many, how do I know I am buying an outdated phone and i dont know what I am expecting with a google phone, I use google like a religion compared to many other people I guess. Gmail, Greader, Maps, Documents on occasions and obviously the search engine.

I really really like the Nokia N8, it's got the sat nav, I don't know about the internet function or even the messenging servers, BBM on other phones is it going to happen? However I don't like its operator system, if given the time I could probably design a better no I know I can design a GUI ten times better than that of nokias.

So people what do you reckon? I know I'm picky, but I don't want to settle for anything less then what I want if I was to pay so much a month and sign up for what seems like a joke of 2 year contracts.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

The number one thing you missed is what cell carrier are you using and where are you located? You need to pick one that has the coverage where you need it - where you live, work, travel and play. And don't say and/or assume it doesn't matter or they all provide service where you plan to use the device. Do your homework and make sure.

All applications drain the battery. No way around that one.

BB email works as you wish, but only with a BB data plan. BBM is only on the BB and only if you have the BB data plan. No way around that either. If you want an iPhone-like browser and Internet, then get an iPhone.

The second part of your post concerning minutes, rollover and data is dependent on the carrier you chose and the plans they offer. Has little to do with the phone you buy.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 09-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
est1984

Model: -
PIN: N/A
Carrier: -

I'm from the West Midlands, UK. I think BB phone and perhaps another internet/sat nav phone is the best option for me.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

If you really plan to use GPS for directions, I highly recommend a standalone GPS unit as it is easily updatable, doesn't rely on a cell connection for maps, most have voice commands and auto-re-route (which many of the cell phone apps do not have - unless you pay for them).

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 09-20-2010, 11:22 PM   #5
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

I recommend getting a new car with built-in satnav.