Old 10-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
neil154
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Podcast Help

Please Login to Remove!

I would like to have some podcasts automatically downloaded to my Storm 2. I have the BB Podcast app installed and it performs exactly the way I want. Unfortunately there are some podcasts that are not available from the app. they are available from podcast.com. I can not figure out how I can get the podcasts on the site to automatically download. I was told that I need a "syndication tool" such as iTunes or Google Reader. I looked into them but it does not appear that this would result in the downloads automatcically happening.

Please help.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

*Thread Moved*

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:29 AM   #3
adperdue
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: wheel
Carrier: ATT

In the podcast app, click explore podcasts, click the menu button, scroll down to add podcast channel, type or past the url of your podcast, click next. Podcast pushes new episodes to your berry.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 10-14-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
neil154
Thumbs Must Hurt

I tried the adding of www.podcast.com the way you suggested but i keep getting a message "The URL you entered is not valid. Please verify the URL and try again."

I also tried www.podcast.com/login.php with the same results.

Any suggesstions?
Old 10-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
adperdue
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: wheel

The URL must be a valid RSS feed URL, example: http://www.mevio.com/feeds/noagenda.xml or http://feeds.feedburner.com/thefump/all.

You need to find the RSS feed for the podcast you want, and enter that into Podcast. The root URL of the website is not enough.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #6
neil154
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks for the information I was able to get the podcast after receiving your information.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:11 AM   #7
jam11

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: Podcast Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil154 View Post
I would like to have some podcasts automatically downloaded to my Storm 2. I have the BB Podcast app installed and it performs exactly the way I want. Unfortunately there are some podcasts that are not available from the app. they are available from podcast.com. I can not figure out how I can get the podcasts on the site to automatically download. I was told that I need a "syndication tool" such as iTunes or Google Reader. I looked into them but it does not appear that this would result in the downloads automatcically happening.

Please help.
Jam11 will allow you to listen to your podcasts that are already downloaded on your iTunes. If you have iTunes and subscribe to podcasts there you can set it to automatically download it.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:20 AM   #8
neil154
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks but I figured out that BB has a podcast app and it works just fine. I can subscribe to various podcasts and they automatcially get downloaded to my BB and I can play them through the media player.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #9
joginder
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Passp
Smile Re: Podcast Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil154 View Post
Thanks but I figured out that BB has a podcast app and it works just fine. I can subscribe to various podcasts and they automatcially get downloaded to my BB and I can play them through the media player.
Yes and I love the Podcast app and I have the setting so that it will only download my pods when I am connected to WiFI so that I get the faster download and not to hog the provider network. Most of my pods are video files so they are huge..
Best app that I needed.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:04 PM   #10
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I'll plug the RIM BlackBerry podcast app as well. Works great. And I also want to emphasize you can add any podcast feed you want by adding the URL. You are not limited to the directory.

Also a tip that may not be obvious: Click podcast downloads and scroll down to feeds that failed. When you have good network coverage or you are connected to wifi, scroll down to the first failed download you see, and then select restart all failed from the menu.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Closed Thread