Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #1
brannyk

Model: 8110
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers Wireless
Default Can't set up email on Peal 8110

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, I recently purchased a Rogers Blackberry Pearl from a kind of sketchy cellphone store a few days ago. (Pacific Mall, Markham, Ontario, Canada to be exact). The phone was only $280 CDN with no tax and contract, and I paid straight cash for it, so I don't think I will be going back there for any help with this issue. So I am turning to you good people on here. Anyhow, I put the sim card from my Pay As You Go Rogers phone in it, and it's been working great ever since. But I have only one problem, and that is I can't get my email working. I try doing it through the setup wizard, but the only option it gives me is 'skip email' or 'setup email through blackberry enterprise server'. There are no other options. Now, in the manual and the Blackberry 101 interactive tutorial online, both say along with those two options, there should be a 'I want to create or add an email address' but my blackberry odes not show this option. So I tried to setup my email through a desktop computer, but when I go to the Rogers wireless email setup for blackberry, and click new account, I get to the part where it asks for the blackberry pin and the other pin code. I input those, and then I get this message "This blackberry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this blackberry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider". Now, I know this is a problem, because as you know, the phone wasn't purchased from a regular store, nor am I assuming this phone is brand spanking new, considering I found a Micro SD card in it, so I am assuming it was "refurbished". Now, is there any way to fix this, and if not, can I use my email through my blackberry another similar way, without having to use the web browser and chew up my Pay As You Go Balance? Thanks,
Old 01-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

Welcome to the forums!

Pay As You Go ususally does not include a data service (although there are some exceptions-check with your carrier on this). You must have data service on your account to use the e-mail and internet fucntionality on a BlackBerry.
Closed Thread