Old 02-01-2008, 08:55 AM   #1
jlmoshier

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: n/a
Default XHTML and CSS

Please Login to Remove!

Hello All,
I am trying to recreate my company's intranet so our employees can view pieces of the intranet on their blackberries. I am having problems with my css and html being recognized in the RIM blackberry simulator. I unfortanely don't have a blackberry to test the site with. It seems that the simulator does not recognize any padding or margins in the css or even the <br /> tags.

The simulator I am using is the Research in Motion Blackberry Device Simulators 42.2.123 8830-USCC.

My question is, has anyone found reference material on what css and html tags are recognized by the blackberry? I can't seem to find a listing of tags and such.
Thanks for your help in advance.
jlmoshier
Old 02-01-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
brcewane
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

Check out this link for details on providing content for the different versions of the BlackBerry Browser Livelink - Redirection

Also, make sure from your browser options on the device that they have turned on JavaScript, CSS, and Table support if you are providing that kind of content.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:41 AM   #3
jlmoshier

Model: none
Carrier: n/a

brcewane,
Thanks for the reference material. It answered some of my questions. I now know what css is valid in the blackberry version I am using but I still can't seem to figure out why my <br/> tags don't seem to be working.

That document you showed me says it is valid XHTML code. Any ideas if there is a user setting that could be stopping it from working?

Thanks again for all your help
jlmoshier
Closed Thread