BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 08:27 AM   #1
djqsrv

Model: 9630
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Cant text a spicific phone number ??

Please Login to Remove!

Hi all
I have a BB Tour 9630 on Verizon. I can not send or reply to a specific cell phone number. It was working fine in the past but then one day I cant text to this contact and when I receive a text from them it shows the preview but if I try to reply it wont go to the text composing field just back to the inbox where the original text is now gone. This only happens with this one number. I deleted them from my contact list and even if I try to send a new text to the same number typed in and not pulled from contacts it does the same thing. Verizon replaced the phone and it still does the same thing. I am at a complete loss here. This makes no since to me and anyone I talked to at the Verizon store. Hoping someone on here might be able shed some light on this one.
Sorry for the wall of text.
Thanks in advance for the help.
D
Old 06-30-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
stricni
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon wireless

the only thing i could recomend is contacting tech support with verizon wireless. i have seen problems in the past ware txt messages or calls wont go to a specific number because of a network issue or a problem in what they call "the switch". if the phone had been replaced it is not a phone issue it is a network issue.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
BB4Life
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by djqsrv View Post
Hi all
I have a BB Tour 9630 on Verizon. I can not send or reply to a specific cell phone number. It was working fine in the past but then one day I cant text to this contact and when I receive a text from them it shows the preview but if I try to reply it wont go to the text composing field just back to the inbox where the original text is now gone. This only happens with this one number. I deleted them from my contact list and even if I try to send a new text to the same number typed in and not pulled from contacts it does the same thing. Verizon replaced the phone and it still does the same thing. I am at a complete loss here. This makes no since to me and anyone I talked to at the Verizon store. Hoping someone on here might be able shed some light on this one.
Sorry for the wall of text.
Thanks in advance for the help.
D
djqsrv, can you please tell me what OS version you are on?? thanks
Old 07-02-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
djqsrv

ok I looked at the ver and it looks to be
v.5.0.732
bundle # 1242
platform 4.2.0.344
Old 07-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
diffused
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Z10

Try going into your options, SMS Text and see that your setting are where they should be. Now go up to Security, open firewall and see if anyone is blocked. Maybe go up and check your MMS too. Just by chance, does this contacts phone number have any punctuation in it? If so, remove the punctuation. (this was more of an issue with text alerts not working correctly)
Closed Thread