BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #1
Jasper101
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation Now that the 8gb iPhone is only $399, are you interested in one?

Please Login to Remove!

Before when it was $600 bucks there was no way i would have bought one. But now that its only $399 my pearl is looking a little less attractive. What do you think?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:47 PM   #2
emibaby
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: AskMe
Carrier: AT&T
Default Ugh...they had to drop the price, didn't they??

I personally have wanted once since they announced it's impending arrival in January. And now that they've dropped the price, I'm itching to get one!!!! UGH! And I just got my BB and I'm totally in love with it! I feel like I'm "looking but not touching" and getting ready to cheat on "BB" my blackberry! LOL

Definitely still interested. But the fact that it doesn't send picture messages is a HUGE turn-off for me.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:47 PM   #3
C. Gomez

Model: 8300

Yes.

I've always been an Apple-fanboy but couldn't give up my BlackBerry. My justification was price. I know it's going to be an inferior email experience, but playing music on the Curve blows. So I might have to sit this round of with Apple until RIM cooks up the 9000 series.

Eep.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:48 PM   #4
test54
BlackBerry Master

Model: AAPL
Carrier: is Better than BB :)

Yes, completely agree with C. Gomez. I'm a apple fan and a gadget fan so its like an addiction.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:03 PM   #5
mrogers
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

It's incredibly hot, but I'm holding out until the 3G version. BlackBerry is good for now. They've certainly made it very compelling at $399; all the new products they released today appear to be a lot of bang for your buck, for the most part.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #6
Tracking

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Hi Guys

I have the Blackberry 8800 and have looked at every possible option before deciding to upgrade from my 8700 - I have read about every forum there is and i must say that the feedback on the Iphone is not that great!

I did see a very funny video where i guy placed one in a blender and turned the iphone to dust! and then sold it on ebay for a lot of money and when i get "Full Posting Rights" i will attach the URL.

Like i say i would never change from the Balckberry experience but as i like the Iphione Theme, i will download the IBerry theme which will make my 8800 look like the iphone.

My last word is "DONT DO IT" stick with your Blackberry family.

Tracking!
Old 09-05-2007, 02:18 PM   #7
mrogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracking View Post
I have read about every forum there is and i must say that the feedback on the Iphone is not that great!
I don't know what forums you're reading. There's a few complaints, it's certainly not perfect, but almost every owner I've talked to/seen write about it loves theirs. I know a half-dozen people with them and they all love their iPhones. I've used it and I love it. I just don't want to be limited to EDGE.

Now if you're an absolutely hardcore mobile email user, the iPhone's email app and keyboard probably won't cut it for you. The BlackBerry is still better at mobile email. But if you are a relatively casual user, the iPhone is great because it's pretty much better at everything else. I don't think you can make a blanket statement like you did: "stick with your ... Blackberry". That's not the right advice for everyone.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:22 PM   #8
fritter
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl
Carrier: t-mobile

only problem with iphone though cingular is no insurance, but ive been hearing rumors on the new ipod this fall will have touch screen ability like the iphone.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:24 PM   #9
test54
BlackBerry Master

touch ipod came out today as well. and it has wifi, safari and the wifi music store.

no phone is perfect but for 399 iphone is much closer. and ATT doesnt offer insurance on any pda.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:25 PM   #10
fritter
Thumbs Must Hurt

yep that is why att loses business b/c every other provider supplies insurance except att
Old 09-05-2007, 02:29 PM   #11
cwosigns

Model: 9300

I use email much more than I use media, but I'm still thinking about picking up an iPod Touch (16 GB version). I currently have an 80 GB iPod Video that isn't nearly filled. And having the WiFi, Safari, YouTube stuff would make it a lot more fun to play with.

But no way I'm trading in my BlackBerry.
Columbus, Ohio
Old 09-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #12
jdny516
Thumbs Must Hurt

I guess so far i am the only one who doesnt like the Iphone.

I am a anal freak when it comes to phones, i feel like it will get so dirty, and you need a crazy case to protect it (usually ugly one). You lose that bad boy, there goes your phone, ipod, web browser etc. I mean do you really need all those bells and whistles of zooming in and out? I personally think my BB Curve is the way to go. Handles emails a lot better, and to some extent looks like you can drop it without it shattering.

I guess you can say i am bias, but i will never get the Iphone hands down. I have used them before and i still didnt like them. Just not for me
Old 09-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #13
Dawgfan

Model: 9000
Carrier: Cingular

Even though I was given my iPhone as a gift I am pretty perturbed.

This morning I could have sold my iPhone for almost $500. How I would be lucky to get $400.

If email is important to you in ANY way...you may want to think LONG and hard about going to the iPhone.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #14
Dawgfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdny516 View Post
I guess so far i am the only one who doesnt like the Iphone.

I am a anal freak when it comes to phones, i feel like it will get so dirty, and you need a crazy case to protect it (usually ugly one). You lose that bad boy, there goes your phone, ipod, web browser etc. I mean do you really need all those bells and whistles of zooming in and out? I personally think my BB Curve is the way to go. Handles emails a lot better, and to some extent looks like you can drop it without it shattering.

I guess you can say i am bias, but i will never get the Iphone hands down. I have used them before and i still didnt like them. Just not for me
I agree with you. I have had my iPhone for about 2 months and while the screen is beautiful and quality glass, it NEVER is without hardcore smudges or face oil or sweat, etc, etc.

The iPhone still lacks the following (I refuse to hack):
- ability to load 3P applications that are not Safari-based.
- IM (are you KIDDING ME?)
- MMS
- Copy/Paste..yes, that is right.. you CANNOT copy/paste on an iPhone..WTF.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #15
test54
BlackBerry Master

in the conference today they said there was a software update coming this month. It will add the wifi music store to the iphones and will fix some bugs. not sure what but it might be worth waiting for if your unhappy with it right now.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:41 PM   #16
Dawgfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by test54 View Post
in the conference today they said there was a software update coming this month. It will add the wifi music store to the iphones and will fix some bugs. not sure what but it might be worth waiting for if your unhappy with it right now.
I have been waiting patiently for a few things that would satisfy me... I miss Jive Talk SOOOOOO bad. The only way to run it on the iPhone is via Safari so technically you can't have it running in the background. I can live without MMS but how can a phone not have copy/paste?? I have needed this so many times now.

I will say the battery life of the iPhone is just sick. It is even better than my old 8800 and that battery life was excellent.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:51 PM   #17
Tracking

Unhappy

MRogers;

No offence meant i am only giving my opinion based on a detailed look at all phone options over the past 10/14 days.

I rely heavily on my email on the move so that was a major consideration for me.

In reading the forums i would add that i do not know of any which are as passionate about their smart phone/pda's as Blackberry.

No offence "i will just go and get my coat"

Tracking.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:54 PM   #18
test54
BlackBerry Master

well, people are passionate about what they like. as people like different things and need different things opinions will vary, even in here. we've had this discussion too many times, no one is telling you to get anything, its an opinion. for me, this make the iphone look better to me as i dont need push and use my ipod daily. for the price now i think its good for me.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #19
Tracking

Test 54: Fair point well made
Old 09-05-2007, 03:57 PM   #20
fritter
Thumbs Must Hurt

wonder why there stock took a hit today.
Closed Thread