Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
LCC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default 9500 on AT&T Problem

Please Login to Remove!

I followed the procedure to get my device on AT&T. Worked fine. Then I did a switch device from my Bold and after this I cannot get on the net, send MMS, and lost my AT&T Navigator. I tried to repeat the process, but it will not let me re-add the service books, they are grayed out. I have resent them and pulled battery. Is there a way to manually delete them and re-add the AT&T service books manually?

Thanks.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #2
gtiger

Model: 9500

ok, cut and paste browser deamon to a different forlder, delete vendor.xml update device. then go and add service books then update device again, then go and add the browser deamon back in to the java folder, then update device again. hope it helps. worked for me.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #3
LCC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtiger View Post
ok, cut and paste browser deamon to a different forlder, delete vendor.xml update device. then go and add service books then update device again, then go and add the browser deamon back in to the java folder, then update device again. hope it helps. worked for me.
Service books are still there and grayed out. It will not allow me to reload them. Any ideas?
Old 04-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
LCC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCC View Post
Service books are still there and grayed out. It will not allow me to reload them. Any ideas?
Still same issue after I reloaded the daemon file. It is as if I have the wrong service book file loaded and I cannot reload. I sure don't want to have to wipe and reload, and other ideas how I can force the AT&T service book file? Google Talk is working, but I only have a BlackBerry Browser, no Internet one and no GPS download icon.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

You don't need to wipe and reload.

Go to the Sticky thread at the top of this 9500 sections and re-follow all the steps, including downloading the service books to your PC.

Follow the steps exactly and you'll be fine. There's no shortcut around the steps..
Old 04-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #6
LCC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
You don't need to wipe and reload.

Go to the Sticky thread at the top of this 9500 sections and re-follow all the steps, including downloading the service books to your PC.

Follow the steps exactly and you'll be fine. There's no shortcut around the steps..
Followed it to the T. Also did a wipe and reload. Same problem. When I go to add the service books, they are grayed out. Could this have to do with me being on a BES? It did work before I did a switch device. I know my company isn't blocking this, it all works on my bold, and my Google Talk is working. Any one else run into similar problem?
Old 04-08-2009, 12:09 AM   #7
LCC
Thumbs Must Hurt

Interesting. I wiped the device and before I did a switch or activated it on my BES it all worked fine. Got the service books, all works fine. I assume if I go and put it on my BES or restore from my bold it will stop working. Anyone run into this?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #8
sirpeter0933

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default Same issue after switching

I had the same issue, before switching devices I decided to follow the steps, everything worked fine, once I used the switch devices utility my BB Browser disappeared, haven’t tried yet to follow the steps again but I’ll let you now the results once I do.

Google the following and you will find another way to load service books

HowTo:Get All Features (Browser, MMS) Working on AT&T w/Unlocked Storm 95xx
Closed Thread