Model: 8120
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default <Content Protection Enabled>

Please Login to Remove!

New Problem:

I have been receiving these messages on numerous occassions:
<Content Protection Enabled>

Sometimes this message is attached to the usernames that are on my yahoo messenger list (where I am not able to see who the user is that is messaging me because their name is replaced with <Content Protection Enabled>)

Restarting my cell phone

ALSO, I am always having problems with my call log. Whenever someone calls me, and their name and number is already in my phone book, my cell phone will not show me who is calling, as its not recognizing my phone book entries. It is really becoming a problem as I've checked my phone book and see that the names are included. Can someone please help?

I have re-installed the Handheld Software (v 4.3.0.115) as well as used my Blackberry Desktop Manager to check for updates, etc.

This is a brand new phone and I just don't seem to know what I could do to fix this problem

I DID make the mistake in adding updates, etc on my work computer which I also have a work bb, and unfortunately, things were downloaded on my phone which shouldn't had been there. I then had IT fix my personal bb and wipe it clean by restoring it to its default settings.

Thank you for any help at all.

Old 07-18-2008, 09:47 PM   #2
DennisLocke
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted

Look under options, security, general settings and make sure the check box is cleared under content protection - "include address book". If the box is checked and the device is locked, names in your address book will not be displayed for incoming calls.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:56 AM   #3
Ms Lola Bunny
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8120
Carrier: T-Mobile

Ok, thank you. I actually tested the phone by calling myself from my home phone while my cell phone was locked. When I called myself, it recognized my name in the phone book (before I made the changes as requested by DENNISLOCKE). But THEN it made me realize what you meant by "LOCKED" b/c at times, I notice TWO LOCK icons on my screen. One is the regular yellow lock for the keypad and then sometimes I notice a small/TINY blue lock icon under "T-Mobile" on my cell phone. Thanks for your help so much. I will continue to watch for this issue as my Yahoo messenger will get that <content protection enabled>. do i need to disable it all together? Thanks again
Old 07-19-2008, 11:22 AM   #4
DennisLocke
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Wirelessly posted

To be honest, I sometimes see the <content protection> label in places that don't make sense. Perhaps someone else has a better explanation for that. I was speaking directly to the names not being displayed for incoming calls when the device is locked.
Closed Thread