BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
Sierras
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9650
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default How do you create an event on your secondary google calendar?

Please Login to Remove!

I have two calendars Cal_1 and Cal_2. Both have view and edit privileges for each other. When signing into Google, I sign in under Cal_1. And I could see, create and modify events in my Cal_2 - All is good.

On my BlackBerry, I use Cal_1 as my main calendar and use Google Sync mobile to sync both calendars.

But if I create an event and use the drop down box to select my Cal_2, it gets created and is viewed in the BlackBerry calendar, but it does not sync back out to Google.

Anyone else have this problem?
Using Bold 9650 with Version 6
Old 02-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: How do you create an event on your secondary google calendar?

Only one sync is supported.

Gmail® calendar synchronization will only synchronize the primary/default calendar. Shared calendars are not supported
Old 02-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
Sierras

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsac View Post
Only one sync is supported.

Gmail® calendar synchronization will only synchronize the primary/default calendar. Shared calendars are not supported
So how do you add an event to your other shared calendars from your Blackberry?

And what is the correct configuration for google e-mail plugin with google sync for mobile.

That is, there is an option in the google email account when you go into the Email Account Management to check a sync box for the calendar. How do I configure this box if I am using Google Sync for mobile?

Last edited by Sierras; 02-19-2011 at 03:16 PM..
Old 02-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t

This may help. keep in mind only one sync is primary and because of the restrictions the added calendar entries may only be local.

Read here.

KB19270-How to enable Google Contact Synchronization
Old 02-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #5
Sierras

Well it's not really helping - all it's doing is more or less confirming what you already wrote that it's not possible.

But I thought someone here might have come up with an "unofficial" workaround. I've tried a few different configurations, but they end up giving me duplicates. So maybe it can't be done right now.

Hopefully, RIM comes up with a fix to allow you to sync whichever calendar you want to work with.
Closed Thread