BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 09:53 AM   #21
slanty

Model: 8700G
Carrier: tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

The invisible shields are removable, but cannot be put back on your devices. Once that thing comes off it's not going back on. However one good thing about shiledzone is that you can get replacements for the cost of shipping under their warranty.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:52 AM   #22
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by slanty View Post
The invisible shields are removable, but cannot be put back on your devices. Once that thing comes off it's not going back on. However one good thing about shiledzone is that you can get replacements for the cost of shipping under their warranty.
Yup. Good point, slanty!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:31 PM   #23
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Just applied my ScreenPatronus protector and that thing is clear!! I can barely tell that it is there. It was easy to apply as well. I am glad they sent three because I messed the first one up (with fingerprints). I washed my hands for the second one and applied it. I barely notice it. Great product.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:21 AM   #24
tlennox
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Bse

I bought the whole body Best Skins Ever and am completely satisfied. They take some patience to put on, but not much; in the end it only takes about 10 minutes. I liked it so much I put them on mine and my brother's ipods. You don't notice that it's there, and it doesn't seem to me like there is any pulling or curling at the edge like the cheaper one-size-fits-all, cut them yourself variety.

Also, dirt cheap. Just putting that out there.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #25
ltj13
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: T-Mobile

I have the bestskinsever screen guard on my curve and have absolutely no complaints...
Old 01-15-2008, 12:05 PM   #26
coldconfession13
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9550
PIN: 30fd8208
Carrier: Verizon

I just ordered one from Seido.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #27
ronx
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Thought I'd add my $0.02... when I first got my Pearl 2, I bought the silicone skin from Verizon (about $13) that wraps around the back of the phone... I really liked it because it provided pretty good protection without adding any (noticeable) bulk so I could still slip it into my pocket (I'm definitely not the belt holster type). I also liked it because i could set it on any surface and it wouldn't slide around.

I then started hearing about people having problems with lint getting down into the trackball when putting the BB in their pockets... I also decided it'd be nice to be able to use the slim pocket holster to take advantage of the holstered features (profile differences, power-saving, etc.)... however, the BB doesn't "slide" into the holster with the silicone skin on, and there are times when I like having my BB sitting out on my desk or on a table for easy access, and I didn't want to switch to the pocket holster without some type of additional protection when out of the holster.

The answer for me was bodyguardz... I also looked at BSE and invisibleSHIELD. invisibleSHIELD looks like basically the same thing (same price, same material, same protection).... yes, BSE is less expensive and offers the great protection, but it doesn't cover the entire phone... the BSE does NOT cover the sides, which on the Pearl 2 are shiny chrome. I don't know about everyone else, but anytime I've ever dropped a phone in the past, it almost always lands on a corner and "rolls" to the sides before it lands on a flat surface... I wanted to keep the chrome sides scratch free so I went with bodyguardz and am very happy with the fit, look, and protection...

I can now use the pocket holster that came with my BB and stay worry-free when it's out of the holster.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #28
zhdoss

Model: 8310
Carrier: att
Default Question for you guys

Long time BB'er first time poster.

For those of you that use the BSE or Shieldzone products. Does the kit that covers the entire phone make it possible to maintain battery access? Just wondering if it was cut to be removeable incase of SIM errors or SDCard replacement etc.

Thanks
Old 01-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #29
quillhill

Model: Torch
Carrier: at&t

Hmm. I haven't used BSE yet. But, I've used ScreenGuardz, Screen Patronus, good old fashioned Fellowes PDA screen protectors cut to size, Seidio, ClariVue and Invisible Shield. The final one is the product I have ordered over and over (for various devices, I go through lots of phones).

I like it because of my storage habits. I put my phone in my pocket. It is constantly going in and out of the pocket, jeans, jacket, etc. I find that every other screen protector other than the Invisible Shield peels off within a month.
I had an Invisible Shield on my original Curve for six months and never worried about it peeling off. It's cheaper to just buy one Invisible Shield for me, because I'm OCD, rather than spending $10 every couple months over the life of a phone to replace screen protectors.
I am awaiting my Invisible Shield for my new red Curve. It takes a while to arrive, I know, but it's worth it, IMO.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #30
MisterEd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold
Carrier: AT&T

I prefer Bodyguardz ... you get 2 sets PLUS 3 screen protectors for the same price as Invisble Shield plus their delivery is great and customer service exemplary (emailed them on New Years day and got a response same day.

That being said, Invisible Shield has a CES 50% off special. All you have to do is follow this link http://www.zagg.com/showspecial and all items are 50% off. When you follow the link you will be re-directed to the homepage "http://www.shieldzone.com/" but don't worry, it worked... all items in the store are HALF OFF !!! (BB 83xx reg $25 for $12.50 w/free shipping)

Estimated Expiration Date: 1/17/08 ... so hurry...

P.S. Their shipping/delivery is HORRIBLE .... 2-3 weeks sometimes but for 50% off it's worth it.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #31
stevepi17

Clear Protector is the best I've run against and I've been putting these damn things on for over 12 years...it even lets you reapply it later, which I ended up doing because I didn't like the way I aligned it the first time.

The best part about this is you don't have to buy 2 or 3 of them to change it out every so often. Just one will do.

Also there are none of those irritating bubbles that you have to try to get out from underneath the thing.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:43 PM   #32
blade28
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

I'm going to try the Screen Patronus one - thanks for the tips!
Old 01-16-2008, 04:07 PM   #33
PeaceOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
I prefer Bodyguardz ... you get 2 sets PLUS 3 screen protectors for the same price as Invisble Shield plus their delivery is great and customer service exemplary (emailed them on New Years day and got a response same day.

That being said, Invisible Shield has a CES 50% off special. All you have to do is follow this link http://www.zagg.com/showspecial and all items are 50% off. When you follow the link you will be re-directed to the homepage "http://www.shieldzone.com/" but don't worry, it worked... all items in the store are HALF OFF !!! (BB 83xx reg $25 for $12.50 w/free shipping)

Estimated Expiration Date: 1/17/08 ... so hurry...

P.S. Their shipping/delivery is HORRIBLE .... 2-3 weeks sometimes but for 50% off it's worth it.

Awesome...thanks. Just ordered 2 for the BB and 1 for the iPod touch. Was planning on getting just the screen but at that price got the full body.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:31 PM   #34
mcracco

Agreed ZAGG's shipping sucks but the product is outstanding. I have applied to 5 different 8310's and each one came out perfectly....really have to pay attention though.

Thanks for the half off link; that is a home run. Just ordered shields for the gps, Palm, etc....
Old 01-19-2008, 04:19 PM   #35
yparlor
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: At&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knocka View Post
I have a full body invisible shield. I agree that it is a bit tedious to apply, but for me, it is a must have. I use them on all my electronic handheld devices. My understanding is, that they are removable and can be switched to a new device. Also, they give the BB a slightly tacky feel so it does not feel like it is going to slip out of your hand. I do not use a case, so I would not be without it.
Invisible shield is great, but you definitely pay the price. I'm not sure about the removable and reusable aspect of it but the tacky feeling is very good especially if you have a bad grip or butter fingers.

I had an old 8100 that I needed to get a replacement for and was able to remove the shield without any problems but it didn't look very reusable and I just tossed it without trying to apply to the replacement handset. No sticky residue or anything like that left behind though which is a common problem with other screen protectors.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:18 PM   #36
hppd432

Carrier: ATT
Default Will curve still fit in carrier?

Looking at getting screen protector but wondering will my curve fit in carrier?
Old 01-20-2008, 08:50 AM   #37
mcracco

A screen protector is only about .010" thick and does not extend the outer dimensions of the case. Even the full case shield would only increase it by .020". It will fit any holster/case you already have.

BTW, the http://www.zagg.com/showspecial link still works. Although they say they had a "system error" and the order I placed the other day was deleted. Just re-entered it and the half off prices were still there.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:44 PM   #38
StephBKNY
Thumbs Must Hurt

Last night, I ordered Screenguardz from BlackberrySource.com.

Any opinions on those?
Old 01-24-2008, 09:08 AM   #39
StephBKNY
Thumbs Must Hurt

I already have my own opinon on the Screenguardz: I'm not sure I like them. I was looking for some sort of Screen Guard like the iPhone has, or the Verizon phones, where it takes the glare off the screen. This seems to add glare.

It will do for now, but I will be carefully reading this thread when I have more time, to see which kind is the one I will stick with (no pun intended).

My mistake was ordering the Screenguardz before checking here first!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #40
328iGuy

PIN: 21569E16
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

I have used Best skins Ever for both my Pearl 8100 and now my Curve 8310, would highly recommend them. Great price, great quality and prompt delivery.
Closed Thread