BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
DomLando

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Best screen protector for Curve?

Please Login to Remove!

I was looking on Ebay and saw a bunch of different prices for screen protectors. Also Seidio inline has some but its around $15 for 3. Is there a difference between the cheap ones and more expensive? Which are the best to get? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #2
yparlor
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: At&T

I would highly recommend checked out an invisible shield at invisibleSHIELD | iPod Case, Screen Protector, Cover, Shield, Skin, Invisible Shield. I had a full case cover for my Pearl and have now put the screen protector on my Curve. This stuff really is bullet-proof and it has a LIFETIME GUARANTEE. If it does get a nick on the cover, you can send it back and have them replace it.

I wouldn't recommend the whole body as it is prone to getting dust under the small pieces and can be difficult to get on there perfectly, but the screen protector is a must have.

Also, pay for shipping, Free shipping is available but it will take 2 weeks to get to you.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:25 PM   #3
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Best Skins Ever is also very very good, same as Invisible Shield and a quarter of the price.

Oh and they don't take forever to get them.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

ScreenPatronus.com for me, also on eBay.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
DomLando

The main thing is I want one that last and if removed does not leave any residue on the screen.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:42 PM   #6
nm1k0
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 0000
Carrier: ATT

I personally have used invisible shield on all of my blackberrys. i havent tried taking them off but you cannot scratch thus thing. i love it.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:42 PM   #7
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

ScreenPatronus comes 3 to a pack for like $$6 or $7, plus shipping, I use one about every 3-4 months, more often in the summer. A good buy. I normally buy two packs at one time.

There is no residue, no scratches and lots a love.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:43 PM   #8
zerog46
iPhone Mod!

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW Bold

Most ones that stick on will leave a residue but rubbing alcohol will take it right off. I think the one JS is talking about is made to come on and off if I'm not mistaken.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:17 PM   #9
DomLando

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm1k0 View Post
I personally have used invisible shield on all of my blackberrys. i havent tried taking them off but you cannot scratch thus thing. i love it.
It is about 11 bucks for one. Will I only need one or do they have to be replaced after a few months or so?
Old 12-14-2007, 05:52 AM   #10
Knocka
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T Wireless

I have a full body invisible shield. I agree that it is a bit tedious to apply, but for me, it is a must have. I use them on all my electronic handheld devices. My understanding is, that they are removable and can be switched to a new device. Also, they give the BB a slightly tacky feel so it does not feel like it is going to slip out of your hand. I do not use a case, so I would not be without it.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:29 AM   #11
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile UK

Best Skins Ever
What I have on my iPod, my son's PSP and my 8300. Wet applied, but really tough. Not sure how good it would be for a touch screen (not relevant here). Removable, but looks a bit aggressive to do so for a touch screen/naked LCD (which the BB doesnxxx8217;t have). Same material, it seems as the more expensive invisibleSHIELD but a different xxx8216;packagexxx8217; (warranty, xxx8216;kitxxx8217;) xxx8211; Watch the video!!!! invisible SHIELD Demo Video

ScreenPatronus
What I had on my 8700, and have on my TomTom. On TomTom as I can be less careful removing fingermarks. Also on camera LCDs here. Only has a screen cover, not other bits too like the bestskinsever. But a little clearer/"more invisible" than the bestskinsever, and doesnxxx8217;t have the "vinyl" texture/feel to it xxx8211; important I think for a touch screen.

Last edited by wibbly; 12-14-2007 at 06:33 AM..
Old 12-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #12
Dereck
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm using Best Skins Ever and it saved my phone! I've had for two or so months (since I bought my Curve) and it still looks brand new. It's easy to apply (as long as you read the instructions). I dropped my Curve accidentally the other day and it fell face first. I thought, great, there goes my screen and it protected my phone from getting and nicks or scratches along with the gel skin I have on my Curve.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:34 PM   #13
snowskier79
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.

I also am a Best Skins Ever consumer. Great product; fraction of the cost of others!
Old 12-14-2007, 07:37 PM   #14
snowskier79

Model: Curve
PIN: No thanks, yo tienen una pluma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowskier79 View Post
I also am a Best Skins Ever consumer. Great product; fraction of the cost of others!
I'm actually buying more this evening for a couple of Christmas gifts!
Old 12-14-2007, 09:40 PM   #15
Magnum
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: Want my Debit Card?
Carrier: AT&T, Cingular, AT&T..?

+1 for Invisible Shield, BUT their shipping time can be really slow.

My opinion is at minimum get some kind of screen protector! My poor 8700 had nothing and it too a bit of a beating over a year and a half of use. When I got the 8300 it was the first thing I did!
Old 12-14-2007, 10:22 PM   #16
monkeypaw

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

The last several phones I used generic camera LCD protectors. 10 big sheets for I think $6 or $7 and I still have some. For tiny and rectangular screen they're great. In 4 years I've have never had to replace it on my cameras because the screens are recessed. But on cell phones they eventually start lifting a little and then get dust and lint under and look ugly pretty fast. Adhesive backed, but they don't leave a residue.

The thick, more expensive screen protectors are the way to go for large screens. Much more scratch resistant and a little extra sponginess to protect from impacts. I pulled a Bodyguardz (same material as BSE and Invisible Shields) off my phone when I warranty swapped it and it left no residue. It also was sticky enough to install on my new phone.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:05 PM   #17
Hairbear1954
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask if you want!
Default Clear Protector

I have use Clear Protector on a number of my cell phones and have had nothing but success with them. The body sheild is always the hardest to apply and I often don't use all the pieces, but it is highly durable. For example, I was getting out of my car tonight at the store, my Curve fell out of my Seido case, I hadn't secured it properly, and it fell face first on the blacktop. Normally that would have been an instant scratched surface, but when I picked it up, nothing! It is amazing. They guarantee the Clear Protector for the life of the phone. And they hold to their promise. I highly recommend it. Here is a link to their website: Clear Protector Invisible Armor Home Page
Old 12-14-2007, 11:17 PM   #18
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

I have ordered a Screen Patronus item for my Curve, and am waiting for the delivery. The Best Skin Ever was good, but started to peel off for me. And it did look a little grainy. I am hoping the Screen Patronus one will be better.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:40 AM   #19
spaznrq

I am another user of Best Skins Ever LCD protector. I thought this thing would peel soon after I put it on since I place my Curve in my jean pocket and take it out several times a day. However, it's pretty adhesive and strong. I applied it after I took a shower, as suggested in the instructions in order to minimize dust trapping between the screen and the protector. The skin is thicker than other screen protectors I've used for digital cameras and older PDA's, but it works great. The skin extends over pass the top of the LCD over the front face which I didn't understand at first, but after using it for at least a month now I realized that it was designed this way so that the rather thick skin wouldn't scratch your ear, where it would have if it was cut off at the LCD top edge.

Last edited by spaznrq; 12-15-2007 at 06:42 AM..
Old 12-15-2007, 08:03 AM   #20
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I used a BSE screen protector for a short while...but didn't like the way the film was cut so that it extended above the screen area and covered the top part of the phone as well. It didn't fit the slight "break" between the top of the screen fascia and the upper "body" of the phone, and almost had a gap showing where it didn't mold itself to. Hard to explain...but it was a distraction to me. It also looked like it would eventually peel down from the top...although I have no proof that it would. I will say that the BSE product is definately the best value between the two products...and most folks might not be as picky as I am. But...

I eventually plopped down the money for the Invisible Shield product...as I had a great experience with it on my former 8300 & 8800. I am totally impressed with the more exact laser-cut of the pieces...the bottle of "solution" that makes it handy to wet the piece prior to installation...and the total package. The screen protector fits exactly, and when totally set up...is virtually "Invisible" as advertized.

Some say that the BSE & Invisible Shield are the same...and they may be as far as the film material is concerned...but the fit and finish of the Invisible Shield product is superior IMHO. Is that worth twice the price of the BSE film...? That's up to you to decide.
Closed Thread