Old 12-13-2007, 12:47 PM   #61
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecelt1974 View Post
I just got the 1500 mah battery. The instructions say to charge that battery for 8 hours. Should I not wear it down to almost zero prior to the first charge? Did you guys just charge it up right when you first got it?

Thanks in advance for you help!
Lithium batteries do not need to be drained. They prefer to be charged and charged often. Simply put the battery in your phone and charge it overnight before you use it. You'll typically see a performance increase after 5-6 charges.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2007, 06:22 PM   #62
luc-mobile
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: Claro

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
Lithium batteries do not need to be drained. They prefer to be charged and charged often. Simply put the battery in your phone and charge it overnight before you use it. You'll typically see a performance increase after 5-6 charges.
You're saying just the opposite of what I've read over and over. I just don't know what to believe anymore. I just use it and the heck with it all.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:09 PM   #63
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

Model: iFon4
Carrier: at&t

Quote:

Thanks
ABSOLUTELY TRUE!!!! Lithium-ion batteries have no memory, do not need to be "conditioned" and prefer to be topped off as often as possible. It is actually bad for them to be drained too low very often.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:49 PM   #64
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecelt1974 View Post
I just got the 1500 mah battery. The instructions say to charge that battery for 8 hours. Should I not wear it down to almost zero prior to the first charge? Did you guys just charge it up right when you first got it?

Thanks in advance for you help!
Only if you wish to decrease it useful life!

Just charge it over night and use it! You will not own this for the rest of your life! Enjoy the phone!
Old 12-14-2007, 01:09 AM   #65
carsmovies
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:

Thanks
Is a larger capacity battery in the works for the 88xx?
Old 12-14-2007, 03:49 AM   #66
Danabw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Congrats to you guys...

C'mon, Seidio...we 8130 Pearl owners are waiting for the same! If you can provide an increased capacity 8120/8130 battery w/out requiring a new battery door, you'll have a money machine...just turn the crank.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:09 PM   #67
Outrigger

Model: 8820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
I emailed seidio about my recent 1300mah battery purchase and they have agreed to let me exchange it for the 1500 one! I might even get the charger stand while I'm at it.
Seidio called me saying they got the package with the RMA letter, but no battery! Apparently, someone ripped out the package and stole the battery I was returning so now not only do I have to buy the 1500mah battery, I lost the 1300 one I hate the postal service.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:21 AM   #68
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

Like Greg mentioned, this battery is a little thicker than the factory battery. I peeled the little black sticker off of the inside of my 8310 batt door and it fit back on just like it did with the factory battery.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:05 PM   #69
abell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: "The New" AT&T\Old Cingular (previously had T-Mobile)
Default Price is silly...

So Seidio launched the thing at $39.95 plus shipping... and it is "25%" longer which I don't believe... but anyhow... it's non-OEM.... but regardless, there are sites like:

BLACKBERRY OEM Battery C-S2

You can get an OEM BB battery for the Curve for $15.... so in effect you can buy 3 additional batteries giving you a total usage time of 400% of the usage of the original battery, not 125% like Siedio is delivering.

People should stop paying $50 for a battery for their cellphone, manufacturers like this make a ton... they spend a tiny amount on R&D because it's just a copy of the OEM, and then mark up a $3 battery to $50 and people fall for it not realizing what a crappy deal it is.

Siedio get with the program, either be innovative (aka more than 25% increase in size, or be price realistic... if you price it at $20 and sell 5000 it's better than pricing it at $50 and selling 500... and since the thing cost you about $3 with distribution and R&D included -- I used to be in the industry, I know this --- you'll be fine and earn more respect and won't be gone in 2 years like every other company who made a battery knock-off to be follow up by 100 less expensive other copies).
Old 12-18-2007, 11:39 PM   #70
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by abell View Post
So Seidio launched the thing at $39.95 plus shipping... and it is "25%" longer which I don't believe... but anyhow... it's non-OEM.... but regardless, there are sites like:

BLACKBERRY OEM Battery C-S2

You can get an OEM BB battery for the Curve for $15.... so in effect you can buy 3 additional batteries giving you a total usage time of 400% of the usage of the original battery, not 125% like Siedio is delivering.

People should stop paying $50 for a battery for their cellphone, manufacturers like this make a ton... they spend a tiny amount on R&D because it's just a copy of the OEM, and then mark up a $3 battery to $50 and people fall for it not realizing what a crappy deal it is.

Siedio get with the program, either be innovative (aka more than 25% increase in size, or be price realistic... if you price it at $20 and sell 5000 it's better than pricing it at $50 and selling 500... and since the thing cost you about $3 with distribution and R&D included -- I used to be in the industry, I know this --- you'll be fine and earn more respect and won't be gone in 2 years like every other company who made a battery knock-off to be follow up by 100 less expensive other copies).
Personally, I would rather not carry additional batteries with me wherever I go...or be forced to charge each and every night if it's not convenient, or I'm not at home to begin with. But...to each his/her own.

I have used the 1500mAh battery for the last two days, and can safely say that it provides at least 25% more battery life than the standard battery. In fact, the first day (yesterday) of use after an overnight charge...I went through a full day of fairly heavy data and call use...and was still at 90% when I got home last night at 8:30pm. I am still operating on the same charge, and am still at 70%. I'm pretty stoked!! Not too shabby for an OEM sizw (or close to it) battery.

I will have a full review on the 1500mAh battery, plus a couple more Seidio products tomorrow.

Last edited by davistld01; 12-18-2007 at 11:40 PM..
Old 12-18-2007, 11:46 PM   #71
abell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300
Carrier: "The New" AT&T\Old Cingular (previously had T-Mobile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
Personally, I would rather not carry additional batteries with me wherever I go...or be forced to charge each and every night if it's not convenient, or I'm not at home to begin with. But...to each his/her own.

I have used the 1500mAh battery for the last two days, and can safely say that it provides at least 25% more battery life than the standard battery. In fact, the first day (yesterday) of use after an overnight charge...I went through a full day of fairly heavy data and call use...and was still at 90% when I got home last night at 8:30pm. I am still operating on the same charge, and am still at 70%. I'm pretty stoked!! Not too shabby for an OEM sizw (or close to it) battery.

I will have a full review on the 1500mAh battery, plus a couple more Seidio products tomorrow.
If at 8:30 pm you have 90% charge then you'd normally have 65% ... that's more than half the battery left after a full day.... why would you even order this, you're obviously a light blackberry user.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:49 AM   #72
luc-mobile

Model: 8900
Carrier: Claro

Quote:

Well, that was one harsh post, but I'll have to go along with it. I ordered a couple of OEM batteries and a double duty charger last week. I had been considering the Seidio 1500mAh battery, but I figured 200% power (two OEM batteries) for $30 was a much better deal than 125% for $45.

Of course that means I'll have to carry the phone and the extra battery around, but I don't need all that power for everyday use. I just need it on trips and field days, like the one I had recently, when I couldn't take all the pictures I wanted because the one battery I had was not enough. These batteries are small and thin enough, I won't mind carrying one around in my pocket or two in a bag/suitcase.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:21 AM   #73
gadgetfanatic
No longer Registered.

Quote:
If at 8:30 pm you have 90% charge then you'd normally have 65% ... that's more than half the battery left after a full day.... why would you even order this, you're obviously a light blackberry user.
Dude, why do you care what someone else buys or why they buy it. It sounds to me like your just jealous of someone that can afford to buy a $50 battery. You obviously can't or you wouldn't be moaning about the price. I bought one and I think it's a great add to my new 8310, and guess what, that's all that matters since I bought it with my money.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:22 AM   #74
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Angry

Quote:

You obviously don't know me, nor my usage habits...and obviously don't know what you're talking about.

I have stated my experience, and you don't have to agree...but don't suggest that I'm a liar. If you don't like the product...so be it.

You say you "used to be in the industry"...what happened? You couldn't get anybody to buy your idea for an extended battery for the Curve?

Last edited by davistld01; 12-19-2007 at 03:26 AM..
Old 12-19-2007, 04:48 AM   #75
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

No more personal afonts in this thread. Keep it up and up or I'll send MHM in.
Closed Thread