scaevola
BlackBerryFAQ.com Moderator

Model: 9900
PIN: ask Nicely.
Carrier: AT&T/tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBerry View Post
So, Sean, howz #6? Last night I got somewhat fed up with mine (the 1st, have not exchanged it). The left side of the casing, just above the green/answer button was getting looser, it got to the point where I just could not stand it anymore, so I decide to drop my curve on its left hand side, and voila! Now the entire plastic casing is solid as a rock, I wonder for how long though.....the only thing that is somewhat loose is the right hand rubber side. So guys, if you are going nuts with the looseness of your curve, give it a controlled drop on its sides and this may fix your issue. For all we know, these were the final touches missing during assembly

DISCLAIMER to ALL of you: I cannot be held responsible for any damage your Curve may suffer from your dropping of it.
More descriptions alot of people are facing the noise issue. How high was the drop 1ft 2ft. On to cement/bed/foam packing material? If you wouldn't mind.

Anyone know how to seal up a nick in the casing yet? My ocd is kicking it, but it looks really solid so far!
Old 06-16-2007, 12:05 PM   #82
davistld01
CrackBerry Addict

Model: None
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

You guys got me all paranoid about my 8300...!! Just kidding!

I have been pushing on each square millimeter, squeezing the sides, and trying to find a loose or creaky part...and have found none. Mine is even of Mexican lineage...and was one of the first sold through AT&T Business Services...and if any should have quality problems, mine should , being "first batch". But, mine is solid as a rock...

Matter of fact, this device is probably one of the best built phones I have ever used!! I am very impressed...
Old 06-16-2007, 01:24 PM   #83
MiamiBerry
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Lucky you Davis!
scaevola, the drop was about 2-3 feet high, so that it would land on its side, did it for both sides.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:00 AM   #84
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: AT&T, VZW

Now I'm absolutely nuts with my phones, never in a million years did I think dropping my brand new device would make it better! I really hope someone from RIM is reading through this thread! If they are listen up, MAKE THE NEW PHONES TIGHTER! This is my 6th one and it's already coming loose and creaky after only a day, not cool. There will be no 7th one either, that's we're I draw the line. Might be going back to my 8800 for my at&t line, my Nokia N95, or even (gulp) trying the iphone out. The Curve will be the device to have in about the next 8 weeks or so, because every issue we see in these units will most likely be fixed.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:17 AM   #85
jameskirk
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9500
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
Now I'm absolutely nuts with my phones, never in a million years did I think dropping my brand new device would make it better! I really hope someone from RIM is reading through this thread! If they are listen up, MAKE THE NEW PHONES TIGHTER! This is my 6th one and it's already coming loose and creaky after only a day, not cool. There will be no 7th one either, that's we're I draw the line. Might be going back to my 8800 for my at&t line, my Nokia N95, or even (gulp) trying the iphone out. The Curve will be the device to have in about the next 8 weeks or so, because every issue we see in these units will most likely be fixed.
6th one! aye! i'm on my 4th one ... seems good so far! had it since thursday. i went to exchange the 2nd one for the 3rd and the 3rd had scratches on the send key, so i returned it the same day (15 minutes later) for a 4th. aye!
Old 06-17-2007, 04:30 PM   #86
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskirk View Post
6th one! aye! i'm on my 4th one ... seems good so far! had it since thursday. i went to exchange the 2nd one for the 3rd and the 3rd had scratches on the send key, so i returned it the same day (15 minutes later) for a 4th. aye!
Same thing happened to one of the units I picked up! The green send Key had a nice sized scratch on it, I returned it because of a bunch of other things too, but that was the first thing I noticed when I got home that day. You could add that to the list of Loose rubber sides,a loose bottom piece, and a pale yellow screen. Ahh I just luv getting devices when they first drop, Iphone should be fun for the goof!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:54 PM   #87
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Well onto number 7, so far so good! As I said in my other thread, this is my last one! It'll either stay perfect or I'll just deal with it! I just luv the Form Factor to much to give it up! Told you guys I'd find the perfect Curve!
Closed Thread