Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
mike25

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Ringer Profile Auto Switching?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi, I am relatively new around here so I apologize if this issue has already been addressed, but I've been having problems lately with my ringer profiles seemingly automatically switching on me even while my phone is locked. For instance, when I go to work I put my phone on the Vibrate profile and lock it so that no buttons accidentally get pushed while in my pocket. Well from time to time, I'll get a text or a phone call and it will start ringing, so I have to instantly silent it then when I look at my phone it's back on the Normal profile somehow. How is this possible while my phone is locked? It hasn't happened a lot, but I'd say a couple of times in the last week and it's starting to get a little annoying. When I put my phone on vibrate and lock it, I expect it to stay that way until I change it. Is there something I'm doing wrong here or ?
Old 10-10-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Welcome to the forums.

First thing I'd do is a hard reboot (remove/reinsert battery with device on). I've seen that clear up weird Profile things....
Old 10-11-2007, 12:41 AM   #3
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike25 View Post
Hi, I am relatively new around here so I apologize if this issue has already been addressed, but I've been having problems lately with my ringer profiles seemingly automatically switching on me even while my phone is locked. For instance, when I go to work I put my phone on the Vibrate profile and lock it so that no buttons accidentally get pushed while in my pocket. Well from time to time, I'll get a text or a phone call and it will start ringing, so I have to instantly silent it then when I look at my phone it's back on the Normal profile somehow. How is this possible while my phone is locked? It hasn't happened a lot, but I'd say a couple of times in the last week and it's starting to get a little annoying. When I put my phone on vibrate and lock it, I expect it to stay that way until I change it. Is there something I'm doing wrong here or ?
It seems as though you are toggling between vibrate and what ever else you are using. Even when the phone is locked, you can toggle between profiles by simply holding down the # key. So if you set it on ringer and then virate and, the nesxt time you hold down the # key it will switch to ringer. And same for silent to vibrate. Keyboard lock doesnt lock everything for some reason. What you can do get a holster, or silence the phone before putting it on vibrate.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:16 AM   #4
mike25

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Ah, you are right, I believe this is where the problem is at. Is there anyway to disable the pound key switching between ringer profiles? Had no idea any of the buttons still worked while the phone was locked, but I'm sure somehow the pound key gets mashed while in my pocket and is switching between the profiles.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #5
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike25 View Post
Ah, you are right, I believe this is where the problem is at. Is there anyway to disable the pound key switching between ringer profiles? Had no idea any of the buttons still worked while the phone was locked, but I'm sure somehow the pound key gets mashed while in my pocket and is switching between the profiles.
I dont think there is a way to disable the # key. What you could do is create another profile and set everything to vibrate. And then set that profile and then the actual vibrate profile. The only other key that still works during keyboard lock is the power button.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:12 AM   #6
canonbomb1987
CrackBerry Addict

Oh or you could use the standby mode and that locks all keys except the power key.