ani
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Airtel
Arrow Empower HTML Mail Viewer is here.

Please Login to Remove!

Hi All,

Based on the feedback from initial users, we are taking EMV to public beta. You can give it a try, its available OTA at Get Empowered

If its fast, you will notice its just 26 kb ! We aim to have zero impact on the native RIM functionality. That means all your Reply, Reply All, Fwd etc should work as expected..

Also, pls note there may be compatibility issues if SmartViewer is installed, so if you have it there, you can try temporarily uninstalling SV and test out EMV. You can reinstall SV once you are done with EMV.

Supported OS: 4.0.2+

Known Issues:
1. Scroll shortcuts like 9,space,3 on Suretype and alt-space etc may not work on all devices.
2. For really large emails, when Auto-More is on then it reverts back to native view.

We're working on both of these and expect to provide an update shortly. Let us know your experience of using it..

Last edited by ani; 06-19-2007 at 08:19 PM..
Old 06-17-2007, 05:12 PM   #2
phone_caller
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani View Post
Hi All,

Based on the feedback from initial users, we are taking EMV to public beta. You can give it a try, its available OTA at Get Empowered

If its fast, you will notice its just 26 kb ! We aim to have zero impact on the native RIM functionality. That means all your Reply, Reply All, Fwd etc should work as expected..

Also, pls note there may be compatibility issues if SmartViewer is installed, so if you have it there, you can try temporarily uninstalling SV and test out EMV. You can reinstall SV once you are done with EMV.

Supported OS: 4.0.2+

Known Issues:
1. Scroll shortcuts like 9,space,3 on Suretype and alt-space etc may not work on all devices.
2. For really large emails, when Auto-More is on then it reverts back to native view.

We're working on both of these and expect to provide an update shortly. Let us know your experience of using it..
I can already tell. This is gonna be great!
Old 06-17-2007, 05:48 PM   #3
pengrus

Model: 8800
Carrier: Cingular

great, it display foreign language such as Chinese.

once you fix the space scroll and auto more, you've got a customer. it is very fast.

8800 4.2 on cingular bis.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:24 PM   #4
waine06
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: G1
Carrier: T-Mobile

I agree with the previous posts. Nice so far. If it is free, then it is for me!!! Once the know issues are addressed, I think it's a keeper. Looking forward to tweaks and upgrades.

Last edited by waine06; 06-17-2007 at 06:29 PM..
Old 06-17-2007, 06:55 PM   #5
Ramsy

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

This is interesting. This program will be a direct competitor of the just released BlackBerrySmart Email Viewer program.

Like the previous poster mentioned, this program displays Chinese characters when viewing e-mails in HTML. BBSmart Email Viewer does not. So, this is one big difference between this program and its competitor.

I like the tight integration this program has with the Blackberry e-mail program. So far so good.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:45 PM   #6
ani

thanks ramsy. I invite you to try it out. The program is in public beta, and we are constantly working on it..

SmartViewer is a good program, lots of options for colors etc.. and i think it will definitely improve with time..

here, we are more focussed on keeping the app compact and lightweight.. I think at 26 kb we have been able to meet that idea to a great extent.. over time i know it will grow as the program matures and features are added.. Also, our no. 1 priority is to have zero impact on native email functionality.. reply, reply all, forward, mark read etc. u know what i mean.. we look forward to ur experience of using it..
Old 06-17-2007, 08:28 PM   #7
chillspace
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800R
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Downloaded the app and testing it out. So far so good. Some questions and suggestions:

1) What are the possibilities of being able to use the native BB font settings versus the font settings available in this app?

2) May you add the ability to choose the background color?

3) May you add font sizes smaller than 7?

That's all for now. Will keep testing through the week.

Eric
Old 06-17-2007, 08:57 PM   #8
pnd4pnd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

is there any documentation? how do you turn on spell checking, etc?

thanks,
eric
Old 06-17-2007, 08:59 PM   #9
chillspace
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800R
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

From the looks of it, only the html viewer module is in beta.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:31 PM   #10
onth

Model: 9700
PIN: G PONG

Ani, what about the rest of the features like folder and spellchecker?
Old 06-17-2007, 10:45 PM   #11
jbeek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waine06 View Post
I agree with the previous posts. Nice so far. If it is free, then it is for me!!! Once the know issues are addressed, I think it's a keeper. Looking forward to tweaks and upgrades.
...x2
Old 06-18-2007, 02:25 AM   #12
biggem001

Model: 8300
Carrier: ATT

i love it, im trying out the beta HTML viewer, and its awesome!

one thing i would like it to be able to change font type and background color

o god, and even when i go to reply the orginal message looks nice too, my god. 2 thumbs up. no bugs so far, as soon as a new beta comes out, i will gladly notify you. amazing product, absolutely PERFECT!

oh and to add, its so fast, it loads like how i thought it should, loads like a web page. that other viewer loads it seperatly and your way is so much faster/better

Last edited by biggem001; 06-18-2007 at 02:26 AM.. Reason: forgot to add
Old 06-18-2007, 03:47 AM   #13
adwiv
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8707g
Carrier: Hutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by waine06 View Post
Yes, It is FREE.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:32 AM   #14
sickened

i love it so far...i wont be using smart email viewer, will wait for this. only thing is i dont like my emails being yellow background.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:35 AM   #15
ani

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillspace View Post
Downloaded the app and testing it out. So far so good. Some questions and suggestions:

1) What are the possibilities of being able to use the native BB font settings versus the font settings available in this app?

2) May you add the ability to choose the background color?

3) May you add font sizes smaller than 7?

That's all for now. Will keep testing through the week.

Eric
Thanks Eric. Will do the 2nd and 3rd one.
Also, can't promise about the 1st one but will investigate it to the best of technical feasibility.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:38 AM   #16
ani

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggem001 View Post
i love it, im trying out the beta HTML viewer, and its awesome!

one thing i would like it to be able to change font type and background color

o god, and even when i go to reply the orginal message looks nice too, my god. 2 thumbs up. no bugs so far, as soon as a new beta comes out, i will gladly notify you. amazing product, absolutely PERFECT!

oh and to add, its so fast, it loads like how i thought it should, loads like a web page. that other viewer loads it seperatly and your way is so much faster/better
He he. Thanks Biggem, Am glad you like it. The ability to change font type is there under a menuitem called 'Empower Options' in the message list screen. Here you can set Font Size, Type, Bold/Plain etc.. I see lot of ppl hate yellow it seems, so i will do something abt it soon
Old 06-18-2007, 05:51 AM   #17
Lowrider

Model: 8100
Carrier: CBW

OK, Ani, I have only noticed 1 tiny problem, sometimes the rendering doesn't complete, and i get a blank page. Only happened twice.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:58 AM   #18
ani

Quote:
Originally Posted by onth View Post
Ani, what about the rest of the features like folder and spellchecker?
thanks onth, yes. Both these components are under different stages of development. Out of the two above, spellcheck is at a more advanced stage of completion.

But there again, our top priority is speed.. we are currently hand-optimizing the code so that SpellCheck can squeeze the best performance from the device.. i want it to spot errors really quick.. no wait for u. no spell-checking at the end of the email..

Till that is done, we are ironing out the features of HTML component (background color etc) before we release new ones.. i guess, better to do one good thing at a time
Old 06-18-2007, 06:00 AM   #19
malx7

Carrier: T-Mobile

Just downloaded it and it looks pretty good. If I start scrolling too quickly on my 8800 the message jumps back to text from HTML, but the toggle in the menu works great.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:21 AM   #20
deficitism
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703e
Carrier: verizon

LOVE IT. Unfortunetly, I like my fonts tiny and this app actually makes the fonts larger than what I have my BB options set to... Even on the smallest '7' font.

If you can put in options for more font sizes and background colors, you would have a nice advantage over the "other guys" product. I can actually reply to emails with this which is a HUGE plus. And best of all, the reformatted emails open very very quickly. The other product actually has to load. VERY VERY nice product! I look forward to the next release!
Closed Thread