BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 05:56 PM   #141
jaymemaurice

Model: 8700r
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

I have 4.5 on my 8700r ... seems to make a lot of software for curve and newer bb's work for it even though it shouldnt. In this case I was able to install the APP, but running it makes the phone completely crash

I might just leave it on for a quick reboot function!
Old 07-25-2008, 07:26 PM   #142
dude33333
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: t-mobile

so this app still doesnt work with Tmo?

every time i go to beta.tellme.com it goes to a page that says enter your number and we'll text you when you phone is supported.
ive tried the blackberry emulation mode

Last edited by dude33333; 07-25-2008 at 08:05 PM..
Old 07-25-2008, 09:53 PM   #143
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

There were some direct download links that worked on TMo. However, I'm not sure how much support is left out there for this project. TellMe (my brother works for them) was bought by Microsoft and I believe they are incorporating it into WLS...I could be wrong though.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:21 PM   #144
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
There were some direct download links that worked on TMo. However, I'm not sure how much support is left out there for this project. TellMe (my brother works for them) was bought by Microsoft and I believe they are incorporating it into WLS...I could be wrong though.
I believe that the product is still alive and kicking! I just received a survey for user feedback yesterday...
Old 07-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #145
Air Force One
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: Classified
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
I believe that the product is still alive and kicking! I just received a survey for user feedback yesterday...
I just hope this app is around for the Bold 9000 or else I'll be carrying around my Pearl too as I can't function without this app. It's been that useful for me...it's just plain fun to use it too. Always looking for an excuse to use it.

AF1
Old 08-11-2008, 09:31 AM   #146
Air Force One
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: Classified
Carrier: at&t

If this has been posted, or known, I apologize in advance.

I found a new version of TellMe: version 1.82.13

The last version I've had for the longest time was 9.7

I swear I checked for a new version in the last couple of weeks and didn't find an update, but today I did!

Description:

"Say it. Get it. Use your voice to get GPS-enabled business info, weather,movies,traffic,maps and directions."

Provider Options:

AT&T and T-Mobile

Okay some differences I found:

The desktop icon has changed form a circle with an arrow in the middle to what I thought was a pumpkin at first, but is actually a representation of the "working" icon. For those familiar, it's the circle with holes that spins around when doing a search.

New splash screen.

Microsoft icon in upper right corner with the words Live Search when returning a search result.

You no longer are asked what city after the first time. For example, if you use your voice to get NYC, the next time you open the app it's already set for NYC. No need to say the city every time. You have the option of changing the city anytime in the menu.

When placing a call to a searched business you click the trackball instead of the green call button. This one is still throwing me off as I'm in the habit of using the call button.

The text for a searched business, etc.., has gotten smaller making it harder to read while driving, but nothing major.

When you click on movies in the menu it lists a bunch of movies right off the bat. It lists 33 movies for me. I clicked on Pineapple Express. This brings up everywhere it's playing in town, and the show times. This service appears to be provided by Fandango. I love it.

Clicking weather in the menu gives the current temp and condition: cloudy, sunny, etc., along with a five day forecast.

For me, the app is faster. After the previous update(9.7), I would get a spinning hourglass during a search. No more.

I'll let you guys discover the rest, but that is the stuff I notice after about a half hour with it.

I don't have GPS(original 8100) so can't comment on what GPS enabled means or does with this app.

Surf to Tellme on your BB to get the update.

I'm hoping this bodes well for getting this app for use with the Bold 9000!!!

Hope this helps someone who is interested in this app,

AF1

ps: John Clark, Please tell your brother I said GREAT JOB!!

Last edited by Air Force One; 08-11-2008 at 09:40 AM..
Old 08-12-2008, 01:22 PM   #147
Pflugerbill
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

I downloaded Tellme to my 8320 with 4.5.0.69. The first time I used it I set up my home city and tried several different voice searches and it worked great. Now when I try it I just get a spinning icon indicating it is working then it quits and nothing happens.

Edit: I take that back. It is working intermittently now. A search for weather and movies worked the last time I tried.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:12 AM   #148
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

When I loaded it, the app started but sat on the TellMe splash screen and did nothing. I had to use alt + esc to get back to the home screen. It finally did get to the main screen where I accepted the terms, etc. I closed the app and tried to reopen but it never did. I removed it.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:11 AM   #149
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
When I loaded it, the app started but sat on the TellMe splash screen and did nothing. I had to use alt + esc to get back to the home screen. It finally did get to the main screen where I accepted the terms, etc. I closed the app and tried to reopen but it never did. I removed it.
I had a similar experience. They definitely broke something between v1.82.12 and v1.82.13.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:34 PM   #150
netPOSER
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT
Default This software sucks!

It's horrid.

Installed it an hour ago and can't get it to work. "Say City and State" always returns a "connection lost" or a "server busy" error message. After 3 times saying my city and state my 8310 crashes (goes black then restarts). What garbage. Uninstalling now.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:25 PM   #151
cyberhound
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t, less bars in less places

Why not just install Windows Live Search instead? It has the voice and search functionality of TellMe (a Microsoft subsidiary) and a larger feature set to boot. In my opinion, it works better than TellMe as well.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #152
Arkanian
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810

So I switched from the Curve to a Bold. I just realized that TellMe doesn't support the Bold and I probably use TellMe everyday! Does anyone know if they are working on it and if so is their a ETA?
Old 11-11-2008, 05:02 AM   #153
dankarlinski
BlackBerry Master

Model: 1
Carrier: 1

Wirelessly posted (8130 Pearl (Sprint))

1-800-GOOG411.

Goog 411 is great. U call, say what u want and get it. Its all computers and a free call. (And for those of u with tmo, add it to ur my 5 and any calling to any businesses wil be free as the call os filtered through their system. =)
Closed Thread