BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 10:01 AM   #21
Rambler
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7750
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

You're correct. Nextel is capable of direct tcp, it looks like there is a bug (just found) in Ramble that doesn't allow Nextel to connect without MDS. This will be fixed in an upcoming release (soon).
Old 04-21-2005, 10:11 AM   #22
mcapiro
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile

Tried using the program with t-mobile BWC account and just got an error message saying that IPPP service book was not available. I did check and I do have an IPPP service book installed. Should it be able to work with this config? Is this something to be fixed in the next release?
Thanks
Old 04-21-2005, 10:17 AM   #23
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcapiro
Tried using the program with t-mobile BWC account and just got an error message saying that IPPP service book was not available. I did check and I do have an IPPP service book installed. Should it be able to work with this config? Is this something to be fixed in the next release?
Thanks
Check out the link to the FAQ above first. If that doesn't solve your problem, you may have to re-initiate your service book entry or contact T-Mobile to see if you have TCP service.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:26 AM   #24
mcapiro
Thumbs Must Hurt

I do have TCP setup correctly as I can use other applications that directly access the TCP connection. It just appeared as if it just wasn't finding the named IPPP service book and wasn't necessarily checking for a connection.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:31 AM   #25
Rambler

Post a copy of your service book entries if you can.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:36 AM   #26
mcapiro
Thumbs Must Hurt

Web Client [CMIME]
Blackberry Internet Browsing
T-Mobile USA IM Client Application
IPPP for BIBS [IPPP]
Provisioning [PROVISIONING]
WAP Push Config
t-zones
E-mail setup [BrowserConfig]
E-mail setup [IPPP]
T-Mobile USA WAP Transport
BlackBerry Browser [Browser]
Old 04-21-2005, 01:35 PM   #27
Rambler

I believe the error you're seeing is a result of the bug mentioned before that prevented some Nextel users from connecting. There will be an update to Ramble in the next few days to fix this.

In the meantime, if you have full MDS service, you should be able to use Ramble IM without a problem.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:17 PM   #28
NC*Nextel
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: vzw

I read somewhere that a Static IP address may help fix this type of problem... I have added the IP to my account, will wait the recommended 24 Hours and post results then...
Old 04-21-2005, 02:50 PM   #29
Mike4WIS

Model: 8820
Carrier: Tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC*Nextel
I read somewhere that a Static IP address may help fix this type of problem... I have added the IP to my account, will wait the recommended 24 Hours and post results then...
Is that something offered by Nextel? Where can I find that?
Old 04-21-2005, 02:52 PM   #30
NC*Nextel

call blackberry support with nextel 8006396111 and ask to have a static ip added to your account... i would wait for my post tomorrow before doing so because it is an additional cost for this... if it doesn't work, no need...
Old 04-21-2005, 03:18 PM   #31
Rambler

Quote:
I'm fairly certain I know the issue with the Direct TCP connection. As of 4.0, the BlackBerry is capable of hosting the TCP stack itself without MDS. However, when creating a network connection the software has the option of creating a connection through MDS, or through the device.

Currently, ramble is configured to connect through MDS only. Once that restriction is removed, it should function for Nextel devices and 4.0 devices who follow the instructions in the FAQ link above.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:22 PM   #32
Eric5273

Model: 7100g
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler
I'm fairly certain I know the issue with the Direct TCP connection. As of 4.0, the BlackBerry is capable of hosting the TCP stack itself without MDS. However, when creating a network connection the software has the option of creating a connection through MDS, or through the device.

Currently, ramble is configured to connect through MDS only. Once that restriction is removed, it should function for Nextel devices and 4.0 devices who follow the instructions in the FAQ link above.
Exactly. VeriChat has an option in their settings to choose between "MDS" or "TCP". Pehraps putting such an option in Ramble IM would solve this problem.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:35 PM   #33
Rambler

It would almost certainly solve the problem Eric! A similar function will be available in the Ramble IM update (coming soon).
Old 04-21-2005, 03:40 PM   #34
NC*Nextel

okay... this is like waiting on christmas... i hated verichat and webmessenger, so i am a little boy in a candy shop right now with no money... when can we expect an update? other than soon? not trying to be pushy, but i have been waiting on a good one like this... you should also think about a 'donations page' to your site...
Old 04-21-2005, 03:46 PM   #35
Rambler

Quote:
okay... this is like waiting on christmas... i hated verichat and webmessenger, so i am a little boy in a candy shop right now with no money... when can we expect an update? other than soon? not trying to be pushy, but i have been waiting on a good one like this... you should also think about a 'donations page' to your site...
Depends on how the wife treats me this weekend Seriously though, best I can say is soon'. Hopefully within a week with some GUI updates and a few tweeks.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:18 PM   #36
NC*Nextel

Wirelessly posted (BB7520: BlackBerry7520/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3 UP.Link/5.1.2.12)

Well, I for one thank you for your hard work... Anxiously waiting...

If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is!
Old 04-22-2005, 12:12 AM   #37
alect

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

I installed succesfully OTA on my 7280 on OS4. The application starts, I put in my AIM name and password and then it just hangs on "Logging in, Please Wait".

What am i doing wrong?
Old 04-22-2005, 08:58 AM   #38
Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by alect
I installed succesfully OTA on my 7280 on OS4. The application starts, I put in my AIM name and password and then it just hangs on "Logging in, Please Wait".

What am i doing wrong?
The first time the software logs in, it can take a while to find an appropriate server. It tries the default server first, then it has to step through a number of others, timing out for each server it can't find. Once it has found a server, it will remember that server for future logins. Therefore, you may just need to give it a few minutes to find an appropriate server.

Alternatively, if your organization has the AOL hosts firewalled or if you MDS restricts external hosts, you might also see the behavior you're getting. Ensure that your MDS and firewall allow traffic on all ports to toc.oscar.aol.com. You can test the firewall by hitting http://toc.oscar.aol.com from your desktop web browser. If AOL Quick Buddy pops up, your firewall isn't as likely to be the problem. If you still can't connect, check with your BlackBerry admin.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:58 PM   #39
dkmadrid
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I guess maybe I'm a bit technologically-retarded, but here goes my question anyway.

I, like others on this thread, am getting the error message "Erro logging in: Could not find a service book entry for IPPP". I have a BB 7250 through Verizon that has 4.0 installed. How can I fix this so I can use this software? I'm sure this question was answered in the thread above somewhere, but I need it spelled out like I'm a four-year old (sorry if I am frustrating the technically-savvy)...

All help is greatly appreciated!
Old 04-22-2005, 06:57 PM   #40
pdecrem

Got same problem. I thought that software will be fixed in new release. Verichat works though.
Closed Thread