Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 08:13 AM   #21
Crupp
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: 249e66f1
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

New ideas sound great. Will you be using your original testers to play with this as well?
Old 01-20-2007, 09:34 AM   #22
ajmatson
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmo

I'm up for testing. Being a full time Worker and Student would help greatly.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #23
zoeydanielle
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

I just tried the Pocket Day trial version, and initially found it a bit "rough" in appearance. I was a former Dell Axim user, and had been using Spb Diary. I also had tried Pocket Breeze. Both pieces of software had a much "cleaner" appearance. I found that I could not increase the size of the font for my appointments, the weather, etc., and my contacts were not displayed on the Today page. In version 5, you should probably look into these issues, unless I missed the boat.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #24
don.new

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please put the day of week in the title bar in front of the date.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #25
DaBlackberryBoy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9850
PIN: URADUMAS
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeydanielle
I just tried the Pocket Day trial version, and initially found it a bit "rough" in appearance. I was a former Dell Axim user, and had been using Spb Diary. I also had tried Pocket Breeze. Both pieces of software had a much "cleaner" appearance. I found that I could not increase the size of the font for my appointments, the weather, etc., and my contacts were not displayed on the Today page. In version 5, you should probably look into these issues, unless I missed the boat.
zoeydanielle,

Hi there, I was reading your post and just thought that I would add a little to what you said (my 2 cents, so dont take offense)...I have also come from a WinMobile background, I have used PocketBreeze and SPB PocketDiary both, but was longing for a device that I could depend on more. Thats when I found the Blackberry. The UI on the blackberry is not yet like those on WM phones, but I think most in here would agree that when it comes to that, that the BB is far superior in other areas like battery life, dependablity (not having to soft reset often), things of that nature. Not trying to slam WM, but I just think that asking for features provided in a WM device for the BB will happen eventually, but not anytime soon, so I wouldnt get your hopes up too high.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:54 AM   #26
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinsonddog
IMO PD looks like very outdated compared to [the Yahoo] GUI. Please don't take offense. I assume that is why you are updating it.
Agreed. The main reason I don't use PocketDay is that I don't like the UI. I'd definitely give it another whirl if there were more UI options.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:33 PM   #27
YMark

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathrynhr
Agreed. The main reason I don't use PocketDay is that I don't like the UI. I'd definitely give it another whirl if there were more UI options.
Add me to the list. Not only is the UI poor, the screen is cluttered and very ugly. If it looked like datebook or Fusion, I'd purchase it in a heartbeat.

I also think that PocketDay tries to be too many things. Most of the stuff they offer can be had for free as a stand alone app. Pocket Day should just concentrate on being a great calendar/agenda program. If I want weather, sport scores, etc., they're available all over for no cost.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:49 PM   #28
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMark
Add me to the list. Not only is the UI poor, the screen is cluttered and very ugly. If it looked like datebook or Fusion, I'd purchase it in a heartbeat.

I also think that PocketDay tries to be too many things. Most of the stuff they offer can be had for free as a stand alone app. Pocket Day should just concentrate on being a great calendar/agenda program. If I want weather, sport scores, etc., they're available all over for no cost.
I disagree. I want something for my calendar but also sports and weather all into 1. You dont have to have tjose on your screen, you can customize.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:53 PM   #29
YMark

Model: 8900

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBuckeye
I disagree. I want something for my calendar but also sports and weather all into 1. You dont have to have tjose on your screen, you can customize.
I know you don't have to have them on your screen. The point I was trying to make is that PocketDay tries to do too many things. Consequently, the application is not very good at any of them. If the authors concentrated on just the calendar/agenda, and not worry about the other things, the result might be a much better application.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:13 PM   #30
NCBuckeye
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Bold
PIN: 4.6

Quote:
I know you don't have to have them on your screen. The point I was trying to make is that PocketDay tries to do too many things. Consequently, the application is not very good at any of them. If the authors concentrated on just the calendar/agenda, and not worry about the other things, the result might be a much better application.
What else do you want? Please explain.
Old 02-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #31
seiler
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
pocketday is an excellent application that does many things well and with a better UI it would make it be better especially for those who care about the UI
Old 03-22-2007, 09:23 PM   #32
mdlissner

Model: 8800

I just got my first blackberry after years with the PalmOS with Kyo7135 and all the VZW Treos (600, 650, 700p).

My main app for those devices was Agendus from Iambic Software. One of the things that Agendus did well was provide multiple view options (single day, week, today screen). It allowed for Calendar items and tasks to be displayed on multiple lines if they took up extra area.

I also like the use of icons to be associated with tasks and meetings, and the linking of contacts to tasks and meetings that made it easy to look up a contacts phone number when dealing with a task or meeting.

What Agendus did was combine all the PIM functions (contacts, tasks, and meetings) in to a single user interface with a nice GUI, but still used the native database of the palm.

I know in the Palm world their were many Agendus users and just as many users of Datebk5 from pimlico. Both of these would be good places to look for ideas on layout and additional functionality.

My first impression with Pocket Day is excellent and the customer support I have gotten has been first rate (better turn around than Iambic). I will be purchasing it once the trial period is up.

Can some one explain to me the difference between Pocketday personal and professional?
Old 03-23-2007, 04:49 AM   #33
crs

Carrier: cingular

The pro version adds RSS News, World Clocks, Currency converter and the ability to use add-ins like PocketDay Lists and PocketDay Sports.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:27 PM   #34
pnd4pnd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

its been a while since this thread started. crs, can you update us on the status of the new UI?

thanks,
eric
Old 03-23-2007, 05:46 PM   #35
jmandoman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820
Default Look at Pocket Informant

Coming from the Windows Mobile world, Pocket Informat was my favorite. The customizable today screen put all my essential info on top with quick access to other apps.

Don't restrict yourself to trackball BB's. I have an 8703e and have been frantically looking for a Pocket Informat like interface.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:49 AM   #36
theoldcop

Model: pearl
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

As a convert to BB from PP, I, too, would be grateful if the monthly view could be placed on the main screen and part of the scrolling page.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:38 PM   #37
waine06
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: G1
Cool

Been using PocketDay Pro for a while. Makes the BB much more functional and fun to use. A must have app. IMHO... Excellent customer support also. Just looked at the redesigned site and it is kinda slick...
Old 03-30-2007, 07:18 AM   #38
crs

Still 4-6 weeks off...coming along but slowly.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:04 PM   #39
mdlissner

Quick Registration Question. Been running the trial version of Pocket Day Pro for about 20 days. I don't need the features of Pro, so If I purchase the standard version will I need to uninstall/re-install and reset all my view settings? Or will a standard license do the trick with my existing setup?
Old 03-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #40
crs

The standard license entry will disable the pro features. No need to re-install.
Closed Thread