Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
jrandol
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon
Default Need stuff for my 8100

Please Login to Remove!

I recently got an 8100 and I freakin LOVE IT!! This thing is GREAT!

Anyway, I need a few things for it and wanted to find out where you all got this stuff.

1. screen protector. I want something that is quality and won't bubble up or make the screen blurry

2. Carrying case- do they make a case similar to the 7250's that have the magnet to turn them off when in the holster? I don't want something big and bulky.

3, Best place to get a good deal on the LARGEST memory card they make for this phone.

Links and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:48 PM   #2
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrandol
I recently got an 8100 and I freakin LOVE IT!! This thing is GREAT!

Anyway, I need a few things for it and wanted to find out where you all got this stuff.

1. screen protector. I want something that is quality and won't bubble up or make the screen blurry

2. Carrying case- do they make a case similar to the 7250's that have the magnet to turn them off when in the holster? I don't want something big and bulky.

3, Best place to get a good deal on the LARGEST memory card they make for this phone.

Links and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
1. Best Skins Ever Storefront

2. PM Chineesecatt as she sells a very nice leather case with flap and swivel belt clip. I don't know how many more she has. It's not bulky and is made precisely for the 8100 including a groove inside the case for the trackball. I love mine. I use it with a clear skin like the above mentioned.

3. eBay is probably as good a place as any. The 2Gb cards are newer and a little harder to find. I've heard Amazon.com is a little higher priced. I'd also check with Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! and some of those places. Make sure you get the MICRO SD card and NOT the MINI SD card. Most come with adapters to make them fit into Standard SD card slots as well.

You'll love the Pearl....I sure love mine!
Old 12-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #3
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370

Places like BestBuy are always having sales on memory cards. Staples sells them as well. With the latest firmware/OS for the Pearl it can handle a 2 GB memory card. With the original OS it can only take a 1 GB card.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:01 PM   #4
John Clark
BBF Moderator

True, but be careful throwing out the word "original." The original OS on a Cingular Pearl is different than that of the TMobile Pearl. On all versions of the Pearl from 4.2.0.51 and up the 2Gb card is supported. The 4.2.0.42 OS supports up to a 1Gb card.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:19 PM   #5
walds11
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 3GS
Carrier: at&t

Got my Cingular Pealr on Saturday. I ordered a case from Chineesecatt. Should have it any day now.

Does the skin basically cover everyhting but the keyboard, earphone and camera lens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark

2. PM Chineesecatt as she sells a very nice leather case with flap and swivel belt clip. I don't know how many more she has. It's not bulky and is made precisely for the 8100 including a groove inside the case for the trackball. I love mine. I use it with a clear skin like the above mentioned.

3. eBay is probably as good a place as any. The 2Gb cards are newer and a little harder to find. I've heard Amazon.com is a little higher priced. I'd also check with Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! and some of those places. Make sure you get the MICRO SD card and NOT the MINI SD card. Most come with adapters to make them fit into Standard SD card slots as well.

Old 12-04-2006, 08:25 PM   #6
jrandol
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830

Thanks!

Bestskin ordered and a 2 gig card ordered as well!

I tried to PM this chineesecatt but says that is not a valid username. Are you sure this is the correct spelling for that user?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:30 PM   #7
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Wirelessly posted (8100 Pearl: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

You might try Chinesecatt. I'd that doesn't work click on "members" and look her up. Sorry for the wrong spelling.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:38 AM   #8
secrecyguy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark

1 - If you don't mind spending more money, Shield Zone Invisible Shield is a good choice to. It covers more than Best Skins Ever. But than again, you can get Best Skin Ever and than use the Blackberry Skin case.

2 - I never have much luck with leather cases. It seems it makes the phone look worst. I recommend using the skin case but it doesn't have everything you want on it.

3 - I heard that it's not a good idea to buy memory cards on Ebay because it's either defective or fake. I recommend going to Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
Closed Thread