BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 04:28 AM   #1
-Gary-

Model: 8900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Javelin
Question Does 8900 supports LotusNote Webmail ?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi there... As my company does not have the blackberry server, i can't use the pushmail service. Hence, i tried logging into the LotusNotes Webmail instead, but what I got is only a blank page after logging in. The futherest I could reach is @ the login page. Any gurus here could help ? ?

The only information I have on the LotusNotes webmail is:

Domino Web Access 8.0.1
Build 211

Do I need to install any special applications in order to login to the webmail ?
Old 09-06-2009, 09:24 AM   #2
mvincelli
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 21F4CA69
Carrier: TMobile

Hi, I am not sure what to do for your problem, But you can set up a rule in Lotus Notes to forward all incoming E-Mails to another E-Mail address.You can set up your work Lotus Notes E-Mails to be sent to whatever E-Mail address you have on your Blackberry. To set this up , in Lotus Notes you need to set up a Rule. To do this Google "Forward E-Mail in Lotus Notes XX", XX being the version of Notes you are running. Also I would check with your IT department to make sure they allow this function. When you receive a forwarded E-Mail you can respond to it, but the response will be from the E-Mail address that the Notes E-Mail was sent to. So you may want to always CC your work Lotus Notes E-Mail whenever responding to a Notes E-Mail so you will have work related replys in your Notes database.
Thanks!!

Last edited by mvincelli; 09-06-2009 at 09:25 AM..
Old 09-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #3
-Gary-

Model: 8900
Carrier: Javelin

Thanks pal. I have thought of this method too, but my IT dept would allow me to do that due to security concern. Also, this method is alittle troublesome and might cause confusion sometime.

I was thinking if i should install the HTML browser app as BB runs on a WAP brower, which might not be able to do what a Internet Explorer could do.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:59 AM   #4
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

You are not on a BES, so you have BIS.
BIS may be able to setup lotus email (im not sure if they do support it) which would give you push mail.

BB's browser is a full internet browser, which has the ability to run WAP as well.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 09-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #5
mvincelli
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: 21F4CA69
Carrier: TMobile

I tried my web browser entering as I do from my laptop, I click on a link in my town's homepage (I work for a local town)and got as far as loginning into my Lotus Notes account. to get to that point I had to click "Continue" a number of times due to certificate expiration problems. I did not get into my Lotus Notes account pass the log in screen as it hung on one of the "Continue" clicks. I got to this point using the Blackberry Browser.
I hope you have a better access experience.
Thanks!!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
pshift
CrackBerry Addict

Model: ...
PIN: N/A. Went To Android!
Carrier: Busy Signal :)

I believe that you have to setup a connection through the Domino Server in order for this to work. The webmail is meaningless since you have to be connected through the server, similar to BES.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #7
jhines1978
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8820
Carrier: ATT

I use Lotus Webmail on my 8820... you must use your company outside email address (ie. mail.company.com or node.company.com)... how ever yours is set up. I got this info from our IT dept. It's not as simple as setting up a gmail or yahoo mail account.

I started up in the email set up... [email address] and my password... it tries to connect to no avail... the next options your BB will ask are the mentioned settings above.
Closed Thread