noecougar007

Model: 8700c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular
Arrow recommend?

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggov View Post
are you sure you enabled the forwarding feature? Calls get forwarded to their system, this way they can notify you through their client.

They should have sent you an email with instructions, and the number should look something like *004*xxxxxxxxx*11# , where the x's are a phone number they send you. dial it, and a confirmation message will pop up

--edit--
i see you fixed this. its a great program. i love it.

Wow.. this seems really complicated. I just ordered my bb8700c today. It's coming by Monday, so I'm gathering a list of cool apps and needed programs.

Would you recommend this one?

Thanks,

Ethan Skaggs

PS: If anyone has a list of GREAT apps for the bb8700c, please email me, or message me.

[email address]
Old 08-02-2007, 11:42 PM   #162
noecougar007

Model: 8700c
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggov View Post
I used to have it on my 8700c and it worked fine. It did require OS 4.2 though. (I emailed tech support first to ask before I installed it)

Great idea for an app, and with some refining, it could be even better
So it will work on my 8700c?!
Old 08-03-2007, 05:44 PM   #163
kjaslow
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Telstra

Quote:
Originally Posted by noecougar007 View Post
Wow.. this seems really complicated. I just ordered my bb8700c today. It's coming by Monday, so I'm gathering a list of cool apps and needed programs.

Would you recommend this one?

Thanks,

Ethan Skaggs

PS: If anyone has a list of GREAT apps for the bb8700c, please email me, or message me.

[email address]
Way down at the bottom of the instructions they send are instructions specifically for Blackberry devices. Apparently, our devices can handle all these complicated dialing options by simply opening up your Phonebook options (go to the phone app, and click options). Choose the call forwarding option, and send all unanswered options to the phone number they give +14012133261. It will automatically do the other stuff for you...
Old 09-05-2007, 09:51 AM   #164
mason1800

Model: 8300
Carrier: att

i've had the service for a week and works great! except, i took a look at my ATT account and notice the feature is showing (Call Fowarded) is this just to keep track of the minutes and calls? or will i actually get charges per minute as each one shows?
Old 09-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #165
rboy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: 24A231B9
Carrier: at&t
Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason1800 View Post
i've had the service for a week and works great! except, i took a look at my ATT account and notice the feature is showing (Call Fowarded) is this just to keep track of the minutes and calls? or will i actually get charges per minute as each one shows?
yes you loose a minute everytime. if you have free nights and weekends and it happens during that time its free. i wish att had favorite five! i could abuse my grand central account; free calls forever. anybody with favorite five should love grandcentral.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:18 AM   #166
blueenigma
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: t mobile
Default overlooked??

several people have commented that they do not see much benefit over simply dialing in to retrieve voicemails. One clear beneft (that no one seems to have mentioned) is that it saves minutes! Each time you call from your handset to listen to your voicemals, it pulls from your bucket of minutes. Once you run out of minutes, it's a charge-per-call. Personally, I retrieve voicemails quite frequently, and often go over my minutes each month. If a service can, instead, send me a WAV file via email, it's free!!!!! Surprised no one mentioned this in this five-page thread
--------------------
OOppsy, just read on another post forum that the call forwarding necessary for this program ALSO pulls from the minutes bucket. Either way, I lose minutes. Thought I found a completely free way to retrireve my email for a minute.
--------------------

Last edited by blueenigma; 10-08-2007 at 08:41 AM..
Old 10-18-2007, 04:56 PM   #167
danmcg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: Cingular

I was under the impression that calling your own voicemail did not count against your minutes. Have I been thinking wrong about this the whole time?! Doesn't matter since it is a business phone, but...
Old 10-19-2007, 03:13 AM   #168
jalm1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: ATT

Maybe i am blind but i am just switching over from my 8100 to my 8310 and i had simulscribe on the device, but now after searching the web site i can not find the link to download it again. Can anyone point me in the download direction.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:07 AM   #169
plchan
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8700g
Carrier: NO One

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalm1 View Post
Maybe i am blind but i am just switching over from my 8100 to my 8310 and i had simulscribe on the device, but now after searching the web site i can not find the link to download it again. Can anyone point me in the download direction.
SimulSays [Beta] - www.SimulSays.com
Old 10-20-2007, 02:58 PM   #170
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueenigma View Post
several people have commented that they do not see much benefit over simply dialing in to retrieve voicemails. One clear beneft (that no one seems to have mentioned) is that it saves minutes! Each time you call from your handset to listen to your voicemals, it pulls from your bucket of minutes. Once you run out of minutes, it's a charge-per-call. Personally, I retrieve voicemails quite frequently, and often go over my minutes each month. If a service can, instead, send me a WAV file via email, it's free!!!!! Surprised no one mentioned this in this five-page thread
--------------------
OOppsy, just read on another post forum that the call forwarding necessary for this program ALSO pulls from the minutes bucket. Either way, I lose minutes. Thought I found a completely free way to retrireve my email for a minute.
--------------------
Your call forwarding minutes are a seperate bucket. All t-mobile plans have 500 conditional call forwarding minutes included in addition to whatever else your plan comes with.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:46 AM   #171
ChesterJT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Ok just installed this and so far it's working fine. Just a few things so far.

1. nthing the delete on phone and system thing
2. With an icon would show up like it does for normal voicemail, but my understanding is that only RIM programs have access to that area.

Also, is there a definitive answer, at least for Cingular, that forwarding to their voicemail will charge a minute for each message left? Because my regular voicemail doesn't charge anything but I don't know if that's because it's Cingular's proprietary system or if it is actually forwarding the call in the same manner as this voicemail system. And I haven't had any issues at all with Opera Mini or other data programs. Maybe that's something they've fixed in the last month or two. Here's hoping I don't get that disconnect problem.

Last edited by ChesterJT; 10-22-2007 at 09:49 AM..
Old 10-22-2007, 12:22 PM   #172
donc36
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterJT View Post
Also, is there a definitive answer, at least for Cingular, that forwarding to their voicemail will charge a minute for each message left? Because my regular voicemail doesn't charge anything but I don't know if that's because it's
Yes, you will be charged AT LEAST a minute (more if the voicemail exceeds a minute) when the call is forwarded this voicemail system. On the other hand, you don't get charged to listen to them in the app.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #173
iseemtohaveaproblem

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint Nextel
Angry SimulSays

Hello all, I've been an observer of all your threads for a while and have gleaned some great advice from them. I own a Blackberry 8830 with Sprint Nextel service. I installed SimulSays and it is working great, no problems at all with notification or setup EXCEPT one, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a solution I am not thinking of.

So it all works except for the playback function on my handheld. If I hit the triangle that is supposed to play the message, it turns into a "pause" icon but nothing happens.

Has this happened to anyone else? How is SimulSays' customer service about help with a free beta? I'm thinking they might not have much motivation to ever respond to my email.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Old 10-25-2007, 06:48 AM   #174
benjilu
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

I've read that it may not work perfectly well with CDMA phones, only GSM. Looking at their website, only 8800 from tmo and att was listed as supported phones. Using 8320 on tmo (also by the way not listed) working fine except the app sometimes show network error.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:51 PM   #175
iseemtohaveaproblem

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint Nextel
Default Solution to 8830 found

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjilu View Post
I've read that it may not work perfectly well with CDMA phones, only GSM. Looking at their website, only 8800 from tmo and att was listed as supported phones. Using 8320 on tmo (also by the way not listed) working fine except the app sometimes show network error.
Benjilu,

Thank you for the response! I actually found a solution to the problem, and am very impressed. I sent an email to SimulSays support and within hours a developer at the company, a customer service representative, and a member of management either emailed me or called me on my phone. The developer sent me a program that has not been released yet that runs on the Blackberry 8830. It installed and works perfectly. It is so good that I called google and asked them to cancel my GrandCentral account so that I can continue to use SimulSays without a problem.

Only a couple of very minor gripes:

1- It takes a minute to download the message, although this is not a problem that is unique to SimulSays, as any online message system would have a delay as well.

2- It drains the battery big time- like surprisingly quickly. I've heard that any program that has to constantly 'search' for anything will do the same thing. And there is a way to poll only once every X minutes. So there are solutions to that.

I'm not using the SimulScribe feature (yet). But so far I am very happy with the rest.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:56 AM   #176
zee-martin

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint
Question Msg Help

I dont know if anybody else is having this happen to their pearls but it recently started...whenever i send a text msg (sms text) next to the little check mark on the top left hand corner appears a little yellow box/flag type thing..what does this mean!? im so confused and have tried to figure out why it does that? Is anybody else experiencing the same thing as I am?
Closed Thread